00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Critique my style

580 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Critique my style 2009-04-21 01:15:54

So I've started a project, and had to choose a graphical style. Not being the greatest at graphic creation, I decided to go with a simple coloring/shading scheme, with thick outlines for separation and emphasis. I don't want to say too much about the game because it is largely undecided, but for the main part, it will consist of a castlevania style mapworld focusing more on multiroom puzzles and avoiding traps than killing enemies.

Here we see our intrepid explorer about to bounce up to grab a keycard and one of the parts of his ship's engine, and on the way, one of his lost shooting stars.

Critique away...

Critique my style

Dreams, we have them that we may live, for without them we may fade away

Response to Critique my style 2009-04-21 03:23:08

At 4/21/09 01:15 AM, Amorpheous wrote: So I've started a project, and had to choose a graphical style. Not being the greatest at graphic creation, I decided to go with a simple coloring/shading scheme, with thick outlines for separation and emphasis.
stuff...
Critique away...

It's okay, but it doesn't really stand out. I feel that if you want poeple to remember your game you should make it either simpler or more detailed. The current style you've got is okay, but I don't think it will add value to the game. It's a bit regular.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Critique my style 2009-04-21 13:06:20

hmm... it's great, but make it more simple looking or more detailed. when it's more detailed, it's cool.
just keep on this work. this is gonna be great, i suppose!