00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

One Point Perspective City

7,468 Views | 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 19:58:47

I'm doing this for an English assignment, something along the lines of 'Design a city'. I started the linework in Flash, and i'm thinking i'll color it in Photoshop. I'm going for a futuristic, government lockdown, Big Brotherish feel - because we're about to read Fahrenheit 450 ( i think this is the name )

Any advice is much appreciated guys :).

this is a wip thread - alright?

Ghost/Supernat. Club | Join the Family | The FlashBase.

You always need at least one asshole moderator for your forum. Its not opinion, its fact

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 20:00:08

I expect to see large signs and menacing darkness then.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 20:06:14

At 4/5/09 08:00 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I expect to see large signs and menacing darkness then.

Right now i'm planning on having a bunch of spotlights shooting off in every direction, they'll make the picture more dynamic by breaking up the dark areas. I was thinking of putting billboards, but i couldn't figure out how to make them look futuristic, so i'm gonna have huge tv screens instead

You always need at least one asshole moderator for your forum. Its not opinion, its fact

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 20:09:18

At 4/5/09 08:06 PM, Mercenary81 wrote: Right now i'm planning on having a bunch of spotlights shooting off in every direction, they'll make the picture more dynamic by breaking up the dark areas. I was thinking of putting billboards, but i couldn't figure out how to make them look futuristic, so i'm gonna have huge tv screens instead

Maybe take a look at the movie "They Live" for how to ideas if you want. Maybe something like this or this for how to have the signs.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 20:24:12

The building on the right, closest to the horizon. The roof angle is correct, but I think there should be less 'face' or front side of the building showing. The shape looks like it should be a little thinner so it's not blocking the horizon line.

The other angles look good.

"Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 20:30:58

At 4/5/09 08:24 PM, sumplkrum wrote: The building on the right, closest to the horizon. The roof angle is correct, but I think there should be less 'face' or front side of the building showing. The shape looks like it should be a little thinner so it's not blocking the horizon line.

The other angles look good.

Hey man, thanks a lot for that! I can guarantee i would of never caught that, and it looks much better this way :)

Maybe take a look at the movie "They Live" for how to ideas if you want. Maybe something like this or this for how to have the signs.

That's actually a really cool idea. I'll definitely try getting some signs like that into it.

I've made a bunch of minor changes that i think make it look better, but not really anything worth posting yet.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 21:26:35

It definetely gives the feel intended. Sme lighting like you earlier suggested would be fantastic and i don't really know, but, in between the building with the windows we can see face and the one to it's left, you maybe need to fill that space to help it look like the front of the other building. Great work though !

Love Life

BBS Signature

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 22:47:15

I feel like i've made some good progress.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 23:00:12

Looks awesome.
Reminds me of mirrors edge, I wanna go play that nowXD

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 23:02:13

At 4/5/09 11:00 PM, stratkat wrote: Looks awesome.

Thanks!

Reminds me of mirrors edge, I wanna go play that nowXD

I've never actually played it. Is it as good as they said it would be?

Oh, does anyone else find it easier to do perspective drawings with a mouse? I was using my tablet at first but i go a lot faster with my mouse and it's just overall easier.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 23:56:00

Last update of the night

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-05 23:57:43

At 4/5/09 11:56 PM, Mercenary81 wrote: Last update of the night

What the hell. I had to save it as a new file because for some reason the old one wouldn't update.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-06 00:23:18

Oh dude you totally have to include the tyrannial dictator's superblimp somewhere, as well as helicopters with those spotlights shining down on the city.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-06 02:05:41

definitely add some billboards/banners, but make the like the ones seen in V for Vendetta or 1984 (orson welles). government propaganda

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-06 09:17:55

At 4/6/09 02:05 AM, J-qb wrote: definitely add some billboards/banners, but make the like the ones seen in V for Vendetta or 1984 (orson welles). government propaganda

As much as i hate to say it, i've never actually read 1984. And i don't quite remember anything from V for Vendetta besides the fact that i never got to see his face.

Oh dude you totally have to include the tyrannial dictator's superblimp somewhere, as well as helicopters with those spotlights shining down on the city.

Haha! I hadn't thought of the blimp, but i have been considering putting in some helicopters. Yeah, i think i'll do it. :P

So this things apparently due on Wednesday, i hope i can finish it by then

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-06 09:30:13

At 4/6/09 09:17 AM, Mercenary81 wrote:
At 4/6/09 02:05 AM, J-qb wrote: definitely add some billboards/banners, but make the like the ones seen in V for Vendetta or 1984 (orson welles). government propaganda
As much as i hate to say it, i've never actually read 1984. And i don't quite remember anything from V for Vendetta besides the fact that i never got to see his face.

see poster on the building on the right, " Big Brother is watching You"
Strength through unity unity through faith
chinese propaganda
something like that.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-06 22:54:25

I REALLY don't want to color this. I've almost finished up the line art, and it's just sort of average without color. Haha, the color is whats gonna make this - but i really don't feel like coloring :3

I've got myself into a predicament - especially since it's due thursday. I guess i could just turn in the linework though.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-07 02:30:44

Long extended, "Lame".

Color it!

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-07 19:58:03

Ack! I need help! I didn't really think through the whole transfer to photoshop,

The quality goes down when i save it as a png and switch it over, but apparently that also means it moves my lines around. Lines it distinguished too close together were just made solid black, and it makes it impossible for me to know what i intended when i drew it. Blarrggg.

Any help would be appreciated, im on a tight schedule. Thanks guys

oh, and heres the finished linework minus the copters and a few banners

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-07 20:00:17

What?! Again! I think my computer hates me.

I posted too many of the linework images as it is :|

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-07 23:39:32

Well i sorted it out to some extent.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-07 23:42:49

At 4/7/09 11:39 PM, Mercenary81 wrote: Well i sorted it out to some extent.

Nice perspective work.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-09 00:28:23

Oh man, i epically fail at painting

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-09 00:41:26

Well you were trying to go for bleak, so that limits your color palette. I'd say it looks okay so far, try defining the shading and edges some more, so you're not relying on the black lines to define the edges in areas that you've already colored

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-09 07:07:28

Every thing looks good and well placed, except for the windows. Try putting them in more of an order.

BBS Signature

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-09 07:25:53

Really Cool Pictures, first ones looks simmilar, Because when i was young i liked to draw simmilar citys, but i drawed a crap if we take your citys and mine..

Life is like a game, but you can't cheat...

Oh, Yeah i know my Siggy is Peace of CRAP!

BBS Signature

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-09 19:02:39

At 4/9/09 12:41 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Well you were trying to go for bleak, so that limits your color palette. I'd say it looks okay so far, try defining the shading and edges some more, so you're not relying on the black lines to define the edges in areas that you've already colored

I wasn't quite sure how to do the edges - but i'm already working on defining the shading more. I knew that i'd need to do something about the lines because i plan on getting rid of them, but it looks so much better with them.

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-09 19:07:02

Oh by the way, he gave me a zero when i sent in the wip :(

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-09 19:44:28

At 4/9/09 07:07 PM, Mercenary81 wrote: Oh by the way, he gave me a zero when i sent in the wip :(

WHAT WHAT WHAT???
Why would he do such a thing?

Response to One Point Perspective City 2009-04-10 22:19:01

At 4/9/09 07:44 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/9/09 07:07 PM, Mercenary81 wrote: Oh by the way, he gave me a zero when i sent in the wip :(
WHAT WHAT WHAT???
Why would he do such a thing?

Because the name of the book is Fahrenheit 451 not "Fahrenheit 450"