00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GingaSnappd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Slowdown in sprite movie

631 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Slowdown in sprite movie 2009-04-05 12:58:26

Well, I'm working on a sprite movie since a week ago, I won't enter on details but I've already done like 2 minutes of animation.
The last scene is a huge fight that lasts 20 seconds, when I play the scene it looks perfect and awesome but when I test the whole movie, this single scene slow down and even the song ends before the fight.
I wanted to know the reason or some special actionscript to prevent this slowdown, like a little fast loader that let's me load the scene before playing to make it look faster.
Please, I need help, I was planning to release this movie in three days but with this problem I doubt I'll be able to upload it soon.

~Shi-Gu

Response to Slowdown in sprite movie 2009-04-05 13:03:37

so your problem is that you computer can't handle the movie and it lags?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Response to Slowdown in sprite movie 2009-04-05 13:05:32

Its really hard to say for sure whats going on, but as stated above, if there is just too much going on, it will slow down. You may have to just limit the amount of action on the screen to make things run faster.

Response to Slowdown in sprite movie 2009-04-05 13:08:30

i dont know much about sprite movie making but i agree with what the others said you might need to limit the action on the screen a bit or just get a longer song

my friends list

join this site trust me youll love it.

join the best steam server site out there -interhax - for all your gmod and game needs

BBS Signature

Response to Slowdown in sprite movie 2009-04-05 13:23:14

yup, seems like there are too many effects and stuff and this may be the reason why it's so slow... what to do? well.. many of the internet users will be able to watch it without the slowdown and i think adding a preloader will help but there are two other things that come to my mind:

- you could turn down the displayed quality:

_quality = "LOW";

- or you could change the music options to "stream". this way, the movie runs as quick as the song and that means it "jumps" over frames when it begins to lag..

i hope you understand what i mean.. ^^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯