00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I am appalled

12,652 Views | 87 Replies

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 03:20:33

At 4/2/09 03:12 AM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: You're entire statement is bullshit.
You accuse one of the biggest audio people of stealing YOUR music, and provide absolutely NO proof whatsoever?
Your argument is invalid until you provide some solid proof.
And don't go bullshitting everyone saying you'll take legal action, because no. Just no, I want your proof.
I WANT YOUR FUCKING PROOF!
Yeah, I'm testy, a whole day of chinese NG shit.

Yeah, the China thing really took it out of everyone ;) I was waiting to post in this thread in particular. This is most likely an April Fools day joke, too ;)

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 04:15:06

Yeyy, NG is back!
W00T!

And yes, I firmly believe that the entire purpose of this thread was to distract the audio people, and keep the bad AFD joke going a little longer.

I make music.

You can hear my newest track here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/657049

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 04:17:30

At 4/2/09 04:15 AM, TwilightNecrosis wrote: Yeyy, NG is back!
W00T!

And yes, I firmly believe that the entire purpose of this thread was to distract the audio people, and keep the bad AFD joke going a little longer.

I hope so, people have had alot of accusations before, some of them were true. some were false though. If this isn't a joke, then I just hope that Rage is innocent.
Besides... THIS GUY HAS NO FUCKING PROOF!

Good to see things back to normal!
I'm off to bed.

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 04:29:48

No proof? Check Maestro's news post: http://maestrorage.newgrounds.com/news/p ost/290020

I still think it's an April Fool's joke

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 04:39:02

FUUUUCK !!! all his music is out...

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 06:05:57

Oh, c'mon you guys, this situation is really simple:
There's the 99,999% chance that this is an Aprils fool's joke, and the 0,001% chance that Mr. John Shore is so thick to believe that anyone would by this on April 1st. XD

I think that removing Maestro's audio was taking the joke a little too far, but hell, if it's for the kicks...

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 07:34:11

Yeah, its a joke. The audio files were taken down but he can just as easily put them back up i'm sure. The fact that he no longer has the gold aura is a good trick too. So we'll see how this plays out. either way its fun for the lolz.

Wyldfyre1

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 08:08:26

I've spoken my mind on his newspost. I do think it's rather stupid of this John to post this on April fool's IF IT DOES turn out to be true.

If it's not true, then it ain't really a funny april fool's. It would be quite saddening because of the severity of the accusations and the sincerity in which he has posted his newspost. Would this be a joke, I doubt I would trust Maestro in this sense again.

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 08:16:08

He was demoded after MAC 9 VaLOLtines, he asked to, due to his school busy schedule.

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 09:00:34

LMAO

Okay so MeastroRage's music is back up. We can all be at peace! thank god. it would have been sad if this wasn't just a joke.

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 09:31:13

At 4/1/09 12:52 AM, JohnShore wrote: Hello newgrounds,

I have recently been informed of your site to find something rather disturbing. It seems your user "MaestroRage" has been feeding you lies. The music he has submitted over the past three years has been nothing but stolen melodies and direct MP3 uploads of my music. It is appalling to know that such a person would take credit for the hard work I and others have put into music. While I'm not sure if all of his songs have been stolen I am sure of the ones he has taken from me. I am also aware that "MaestroRage" was awarded with the title "Musician of the Year" by the Moderators of this site. To think that such a person was rewarded a trophy for his dishonest deeds and STILL nobody caught on is even more appalling.

The ignorance this site has taken to such problems should not be ignored any longer. If the user "MaestroRage" is not taken care of I will be obligated to take legal action against him and or this site.

John Shore

See if it were me who had been a victim of what you claim to have happened then I would have 100% without a doubt, the Tracks he stole the date he uploaded them and My tracks with the date and Time I created them cause with the program I use you can't edit that. not unless you change your Comp time..So there is really no 100%..Shiza. Well still I would try to at least backmyself up...but then again I wouldn't post anything about people stealing my stuff unless I didn't have proof...Something smells Odd in this forum. something smelly.

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 10:26:44

Maestro already has his audio back up. April-fucking-fool's!

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 10:38:20

That was the most convoluted April Fools ever. And not in an awesome way like this! Apparently fooled a lot of people though :D

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 10:46:21

ololol, alright alright fun has been had. It's true it was an elaborate joke! I'll let the others who were in on it reveal themselves if they'd like. Wade was in on it as well agreeing to temporarily ban my audio page for the day to leave no doubt it was true. Come on let's be honest, how many of you would have believed this story if my audio was still there? How many believed it after?

I know stolen audio is no trivial matter. Some of you may remember how incredibly well I handled myself with the last two major busts. So of course, there was no April Fools joke greater for us the audio community then this. It took me like 3 hours to write up that apology letter. It was a damn good letter too! DreamScaper, Immune, and zellers all had awesome letters (come on, after the rage storm all three were mini-Shakespeares) so writing something heartfelt was made a lot easier with those examples. Plus I used to write a lot before I got mad serious with music so that helped. I have to admit I did feel a bit queezy while I wrote it, even in joke.

John Shore was made up with the very simple combination of John Williams and Howard Shore. There was no immediate connection to the guy who invented the tuning fork. I must admit that was MAD lucky coincidence. Small world I guess, even smaller name pool. Even smaller job diversity. Also the whole JOhn SHore thing was brilliant. Whoever read that deep should write mystery novels.

Originally it was discussed to keep this going for longer then April 1st to REALLY make it believable (since rightfully so, many of you called our bluff), but I felt the bad joke would have been in even worse taste if it was extended past. A shame Tom's April Fools joke completely raped the forums though. The day of possible speculation was lost to the Ministry of Communication or whoever was going through our post history.

There were a few plot holes to our elaborate story.
1. We didn't think about how I would have done the "custom" audio for the projects I was in. I wanted to say I just butchered the loops and songs into minute segments, was a bit of a stretch.
2. We discussed long and hard about why John Shore would have had no website (that weed dude was again, just coincidence). We came up with a solid story for the most part but explaining it was a difficult task. That was where things got elaborate. Guy is a teacher from god knows where, I came upon one of his students, student supplied me with midi's then later high quality mp3's (ololol, get it cuz we have to explain gradual jump in quality).

I'm sure there are others if time was spent really scrutinizing the whole thing,

Also how come none of you even TRIED to pm me >:c?! Cut my feelings real deep. Only one person sent me a pm asking what happened. J00 guises made meh sad. Even you who jumped right on the Joke Train didn't write a pm (though your posts on the newspost were often lulz).

So anyways... APRIL FOOLS :D!!!!!!!!!!!!

We pulled this all together in like an hour too. Though it took me 3 after the initial planning stage to write that letter. All things considered, it was a rather impressive last minute thing.

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 10:51:59

Youre crazed. CRAAAAZZED!

tbh though: LOL.

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 12:18:51

Lawl @ this thread

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 12:35:37

At 4/2/09 10:46 AM, MaestroRage wrote: Also how come none of you even TRIED to pm me >:c?! Cut my feelings real deep. Only one person sent me a pm asking what happened. J00 guises made meh sad. Even you who jumped right on the Joke Train didn't write a pm (though your posts on the newspost were often lulz).

I would have PM'd you if I'd believed it...

I decided I wouldn't believe it until I found some of your work under John Shore's name. Which I didn't.

Can't believe I didn't get the John Williams/Howard Shore combination thing though. Two of my favourite movie composers.

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 12:57:34

This was so brutally and obviously an April fool's joke, I find it hard to believe it carried you guys along for so long WHILE AT THE SAME TIME your NG page is coloured ridiculous Chinese colours in a crazy april fool's joke. HOW DID NO ONE SEE THE CONNECTION?

And the guy who said Maestro disappeared when he talked to him - obviously because "John Shore" was Maestro!

You ask, why didn't I say any of this earlier?

Because the April Fool's "Chinese" setup that was on Newgrounds yesterday wouldn't even let me reply to any posts in the forums! (Anyone else had that problem?) I wanted SO badly to come in here and spoil the joke haha. I guess it's better that I wasn't able to, you guys got taken for a RIIIIIDE.

OF COURSE, I guess since I once worked with Maestro on a song in person, it was obvious to me that he never stole any of his tracks. That's an unfair advantage I had on the joke it seems.

Still, take this as a reminder to check your calendars more often folks!
HAPPY APRIL, no longer fools!

Cheers
-NP

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 13:20:48

At 4/2/09 12:57 PM, NickPerrin wrote: This was so brutally and obviously an April fool's joke

I figured everything Maestro said just now, even the fact that maybe this thread was tied in to the forums being locked, to further frustrate us and cause moar e-drama, and I also guessed that Wade was involved. I'm not going to lie, deep down I was really afraid it was true though :C This stuff happens too often here...

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 13:23:28

oh teh noes, it was just a joke... i think i'm gonna keep living innit and pretend that fucker MR is deleted from teh systemz >:(

Wakka wakka

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 13:29:55

At 4/2/09 08:08 AM, la-yinn wrote: sincerity in which he has posted his newspost.

Sincere? "Equally, there is a a terrible regret. It's time I just came out with it, no more lies, no more deceit." That's not sincere; that's Sunset Beach; he's laying it on with a trowel, how'd you ever believe that?

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 13:45:25

At 4/2/09 01:29 PM, Kanped wrote:
At 4/2/09 08:08 AM, la-yinn wrote: sincerity in which he has posted his newspost.
Sincere? "Equally, there is a a terrible regret. It's time I just came out with it, no more lies, no more deceit." That's not sincere; that's Sunset Beach; he's laying it on with a trowel, how'd you ever believe that?

I thought it was heartfelt :'c...

sorry to have bothered you Def mah good sir, I knew there would be some who wouldn't be amused by it, yet the lure of lulz was too strong ^_____________^. I hope in time you will forgives meh.

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 13:52:38

At 4/2/09 01:45 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
I thought it was heartfelt :'c...

sorry to have bothered you Def mah good sir, I knew there would be some who wouldn't be amused by it, yet the lure of lulz was too strong ^_____________^. I hope in time you will forgives meh.

Nevar. I say we burn Maestro in a cold fire. Who's wimmeh?

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 13:56:49

At 4/2/09 01:52 PM, la-yinn wrote: Nevar. I say we burn Maestro in a cold fire. Who's wimmeh?

YESH!

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 14:15:29

At 4/2/09 10:46 AM, MaestroRage wrote: Also the whole JOhn SHore thing was brilliant. Whoever read that deep should write mystery novels.

Why thank you good sir. And too bad for you that you got completely outdone by the admins lol

~Mike~

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 14:19:43

At 4/2/09 12:57 PM, NickPerrin wrote: SEE THE CONNECTION?

And the guy who said Maestro disappeared when he talked to him - obviously because "John Shore" was Maestro!

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

John Shore wasn't Maestro ;D

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 14:25:28

John Shore ea? I remember that name from a music history lecture, was he not a composer in the 1800s? TROLL!!!! but bravo, you rely railed ppl up...

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 14:27:28

oh i guess sorohanro beat me to it >.<

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 15:13:34

I miss the best stuff... I've just gone thorugh all these posts and looks like I missed out on one hell of a joke. I did however see Tom's China thing, and I just logged off and went to bed last night. I knew April 1 wouldn't be worth staying awake for.......

Response to I am appalled 2009-04-02 15:23:03

im appalled at how long im having to wait for one song to be approved, ive been waiting a week now