00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

San Diego Cops

9,588 Views | 84 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 05:23:41

damn tom the sux i would of blew up on him and then c who is the bad guy lol also i would of kept on walking its like he didnt say go back or n e thing so it wouldnt be ur fualt

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 06:42:06

here on Fort Bragg, we have a running cadence:

I smell bacon I smell grease...
I smell military police...

:P

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 07:25:25

At 1/8/04 02:00 AM, TomFulp wrote: I was completely baffled... In retrospect, I really wish I had asked for his name and badge number or SOMETHING, because this guy seriously needs to be re-assigned to a place where there are REAL problems. I have never ever ever been hassled by a cop in Philly, because they are busy trying to stop people from killing eachother.

I grew up in the burbs where cops were like that sometimes. When I was a kid, some asshole motorcycle cop told me I couldn't ride my skateboard on the sidewalk even though there weren't any laws against it and there wasn't even on of those spray-painted "no skateboarding" signs on the sidewalk. I wasn't even doing tricks or anything that could possibly harm public property and I was with my mother for fucks sake.

Now I live in SF and the cops here are too busy ARRESTING MAJOR CRIMINALS to give a damned about all the minor shit. They don't even care if you jaywalk through traffic, thus stopping traffic, because even if they tried to stop you, it's too easy for you to run away and get lost in the crowd.

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 07:32:17

I agree there needs to be less cops there to.

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 08:42:11

San diego can send their cops here to gentofte, we havent got enough cops. like, i sav someone get mugged on the street and nobody took care of it. the police was called but it took them like 10 minutes to come there because the nearest was stationed so damn far away!

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 09:04:36

Can anyone guess the number of police cars there is to constantly patrol Oslo (it's a half million town)? You'r damn right, ONE! We could need a little more... I know it's not the US and there are other cops here than there and yak yak. But anyways, send us some cops. And a few cars. We could need some. But now the parking dudes (the ones that gives you parking tickets) have started to be the police for the little "things". They punish you by writing a ticket. But then again, it's only to run, since they aren't armed what so ever.

The police in Tom's case simply treated Tom as a criminal. The police got to differ between criminals and citizens. God.. how hard is it?

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 09:45:09

Just remember, guys, that not all cops are bad. Many of them risk their lives every day to keep us safe. Granted, a LOT of them are assholes, but not all. Keep that in mind when you are writing shit like "Fuck the Police".

a.k.a. Mary

My NG Wiki Page

"i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 10:22:00

cops where I live let you do what you want unless your really doing wrong shit, like no helmet meh

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 10:22:42

Yeah well some cops are bastards at times but some are cool, i remember seeing one of the most notorious policemen in my country crying like a bitch when a guy hung him from 4 stories u. Then the good coppers let us away with drinking in the street on new years night which was very very nice of them.

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 10:55:32

you should've shot the cop Tom. Sure, you would've gotten 2 stars but they would've eventually faded

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 11:44:56

That is stupid
perhaps if that cop wasnt hassling you for some misunderstanding then he could have actually done something important like arrest some bloke...he probably wanted your autograph!

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 11:50:05

In Whitehouse, TN (yes, it's an actuall town), they have such a problem with their budget that they have made it illegal to go 1 mile over the speed limit. They will ticket you if they catch you doing it, regaurdless of how fast you were going.
What really sucks is that it's mostly 30 mph through this town.

A friend of mine was caught doing 40 in a 20 in one of the suburban areas (same town), and guess who jumped out in front of him to stop him. A bike cop.

Sad to say, my sister did get ticketed on a different matter. She was looking for something in her floorboard while driving, and a cop pulled her over (assuming she was drunk) because of her swerving. He searched the car, found nothing, and ticketed her anyway.
The charge on the ticket? Running a red light. Which I sincerely doubt she did.

I think it's pretty pitifull when a cop doesn't have anything else to do, and they start treating harmless citizens that way.

And the story about the cop pulling Bigmanbrainy over and making him walk home; that sucks. But it happens.

BBS Signature

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 12:21:42

At 1/8/04 07:25 AM, Games2Play wrote:
Now I live in SF and the cops here are too busy ARRESTING MAJOR CRIMINALS to give a damned about all the minor shit. They don't even care if you jaywalk through traffic, thus stopping traffic, because even if they tried to stop you, it's too easy for you to run away and get lost in the crowd.

Best law ever. SF finally gets it right.

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 12:30:39

god cops are so gay with there stupid "over reactions" it reminds me of a gay story by me lol yeah....dumbass pigs go to hell i hate all cops they do crap

I've seen more blam than you've seen titties

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 12:52:25

At 1/8/04 02:51 AM, SouthPhillyGangsta wrote: HaHaHa,Tom them cops would never make it where I live(SouthPhilly)...They wouldnt know what to do with all the crime that happens here....Anyway,did he give you a ticket or anything?

lol... this guy so lives in the suburbs.

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 13:43:03

I fucking hate the police, they walk around like they are gods, they just beat ppl up here in Liver Pool, i have been searched sooooo many times, bastartds, but nothing makes me more happy then an busy starting somthing with one of the wrong lads,:) you know what o mean an they busy either gets fucked or just shits him self a walks away.

P.S. Police get of yourscared little asses and stop those lads robing ppl at the shop you dunb fucks!!!!!!!!

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 13:55:39

At 1/8/04 02:00 AM, TomFulp wrote:

:Stuff

I know how you feel man, the cops always give me and my friends a hard time for really stupid things. For something as little as two of my friends grabing this one dude on his shoulder in an attempt to get a fight going seeing as the kid called my friends fags. He got away and called the cops, there was no less then 4 cop cars swarming the place. It just goes to show there is not enugh real crime in their area so they just love looking for any little thing to drop their doughnuts over and come ridding on down.

I must say they didn't give me any problems that night even after when they asked have you been drinking and I said yes, and I was underage. I guess some of them like if you tell the truth.

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 14:06:26

I feel your pain Tom. I lived in S.D. for a couple months in 2002, and in one month was pulled over three times, citing a "suspicious vehicle," (didn't know a restored 1969 Nova was suspicious) One time they actually cuffed me and my fiance, ripped the carpet out of my trunk and threw my tools, spare and stuff in the street. Next time file a report if you feel mistreated.

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 14:10:09

Hey Tom,

Dunno if you are gonna see this, I haven't posted in ages.....
Anyway, You are right the cops in San Diego are nothing but dicks. Its the number one complaint from visitors to the city.

But before I get side-tracked, I wanted to, in all akwardness, thank you for newgrounds.com, I have been visiting your site, probably longer then anyone else...WAYYYY BACK when it was on the drexel server.
Thats besides the point, because of newgrounds and my little stint with flash, I got really interested in film. Now I am a film student at SDSU, and an intern for the San Diego Film Festival....

The point of this whole convo, is that, if you have some free time, Id be honored if you'd let me buy you some food or something.

-Danny
akbackup@cox.net

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 15:38:22

Yep, I was born here in San Diego and haven't lived anywhere else. In my 24 years, I guess I've adapted and might not completely realize how bad the police are here. Though I've been pulled over at 2 in the morning for what I concluded to be for nothing more than the fact my car was old and rusty and as such, I absolutely HAD to be up to no good. The cops explaination for pulling me over once my record came up clean and there was no sign I was doing anything wrong, you ask? "Well, the reason I pulled you over because your license plate light was out."
At Mission beach (right after the no alcohol after sunset law passed), my pals and I were sitting around a bonfire (one of 'em had a beer in hand) when two police officers seemed to just materialize behind us like a couple of f'n ninjas. What pissed us off about it though, was that they even TOLD my friend as she was getting a ticket that they had to fill their quota, otherwise she would have just got a warning. Once again, I was driving home from Magic Mountain and just about home (so it was about 12:30 in the morning) when I stopped at a red light at a gigantic intersection with absolutely NO traffic what-so-ever, but I completely stopped anyway. Once the light turned green, Blam! CHP materializes behind me and gives me a $300 ticket because I apparently didn't stop entirely behind the line. (Fought it in court and he never showed up! So, I won by default)
But Tom... Please don't do anything to piss 'em off while you're here. San Diego cops have a habit of shooting people who argue with them.
Hey, I don't want to seem overly fanatic here either, but it really would be a great opportunity to meet you. I could manage to take a picture of you or a NG sticker next to an M1A2 Abrams Tank down at the Armory as an excuse to say hello, or something.

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 16:05:18

Tom that dick should be fired ASAP you had enough time to make it across the street anyway this guy was just looking for someone to fuck over

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 16:29:19

At 1/8/04 02:00 AM, TomFulp wrote: Attention San Diego: There is not enough crime in your city. Please send your cops elsewhere so they can have a REAL job.

And while they're relocating cops, send some out of Fresno too (a few hours away from San Diego). Nearly the same thing happened to me!

I walk everywhere, and I know the lights and crosswalks like the back of my hand.

There's this place with an 'island' in the middle of the street which has a crosswalk button.

The light turns red so the cars have to stop and I start walking to the island, and, as I timed out many times, when I reach this island the turning lane's light turns red and then I can continue my walk safely and efficiently.

However, this cop car turns down the lane and says, "apparently the lights don't apply to you two" (referring to me and the lady behind me).

I said, "huh?" not that I didn't hear him, but it was a statement that he was unreasonable and what he said made no sense to me.

He repeated what he said, because obviously he's always right and I must not have heard him.

And I was going to start an argument, but his car was taking up both lanes of the street, his light was red, and he was holding up traffic and pedestrians so he had to leave. Apparently the lights didn't apply to him.

The lady behind me asked what that was all about and I said he obviously has some problems he needs to deal with or something.

It's probably a good thing I didn't get into some kind of argument with that cop, I'm the type of person cops would love to arrest just for looking the way I do (wearing all black and trenchcoat).

Considering police officers are here to protect and serve they really need to stop harrassing people about minor instances like traffic violations and crossing the street properly and stick to being called on for things like bank robberies.

Thanks for the concern, but most of us had parents who instructed us on how to cross the streets properly.

-T0MMY

🥳 Currently part of Piconjo productions. 🎉

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 17:00:32

Oh well... He was a real dick. That's all for tonight.

Yeah, that guys are a total fuckers....almost all corrupt cops.
They didnt knew who they where talking to...
IM TOM FULP, U CRAPHEAD!!!

Oh, sorry sir, take my bike....

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 17:02:27

I don't know the rules in the US, but in Denmark it's actually illegal not to keep walking if you started crossing the road while the light was green - even if you just make it one step off the pavement before it turns red.

(There's just red/green light here, no blinking or anything)

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 19:55:56

You know what you do to cops like that? you frikin kill them. like, just walk up to the guy, pull out a rocketlauncher u had hidden, and remove his skull. HEY YOU, STOP RIGHT THERE, YOUR ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE SIDEWALK. dont MAKE me honk my bike horn at you, so help me god ill do it

lol wouldn't it have been cool if that cop like comes to this website, and sees the post, and then hes like ... shit thats me .. well time to go hang myself later!

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 20:45:07

At least you didnt get a ticket for sitting on a milkcrate or sleeping on the train. NY is shtupit.

I Posted The Millionth Post

And Created The Hundred Thousandth Thread

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 21:02:39

At 1/8/04 11:50 AM, Proteas wrote: And the story about the cop pulling Bigmanbrainy over and making him walk home; that sucks. But it happens.

no, that was illegal. I know the cheif of police as well.

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 21:58:48

Cops can be really nice or they can be complete jackasses. Most of the time they are jackasses. Too many bad experiences.

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 22:12:19

Why aren't they getting bribes and snorting the coke that they take away from drug dealers???

I DON'T WANNA SOUND GAY OR NUTHIN', BUT THAT SHIT IS HOT!!

BBS Signature

Response to San Diego Cops 2004-01-08 23:58:18

At 1/8/04 02:00 AM, TomFulp wrote: I have never ever ever been hassled by a cop in Philly, because they are busy trying to stop people from killing eachother.

that is true. downtown cops are too preoccupied. i have never had a problem down here, but elsewhere when i travel.. oh, they're like nazis.

looking good and dressing well is a necessity. having a purpose in life is not.

BBS Signature