00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help! .flp now flash files!

1,181 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Help! .flp now flash files! 2009-03-23 17:22:09

Ok, so I downloaded Flash, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks today. After I downloaded it, I go to work on my music in fruity loops, AND ALL OF THE FILES CONVERTED TO SOME SORT OF FLASH FORMAT! I am flipping out because my music with recorded wavelengths (ex: singing) have some high-pitched, annoying as hell screeching sound, and all of my music is louder with some overloading my speakers (which I just fixed by turning down the tracks volume in fruity loops, but it's annoying) when it goes into fruity loops. Will unloading flash fix this? Am I doomed forever? If you could give me some advice I would be so happy!

Response to Help! .flp now flash files! 2009-03-23 17:27:03

Kinda scary... I'm not sure dude. I would uninstall flash just to be safe, or to at least see if it makes a difference.

Response to Help! .flp now flash files! 2009-03-23 17:28:02

They did not convert to flash files, they just have the same icon as flash projects (hence fruityloops project FLP and FLash Project FLP)
YOu can still open them in FL, maybe you need to assign them to FL again though, to open them with FL straight from your explorer. :)
But don't worry, Flash won't convert your fl projects to flash :p

Response to Help! .flp now flash files! 2009-03-23 18:12:56

Yeah.. that sounds theoretically impossible.

But Mich is right, the file extensions are both .flp

Just go to your control panel and assign fruity loops as the dominant program for .flp extensions (assuming you use FL more than flash.)

Response to Help! .flp now flash files! 2009-03-23 18:16:55

ok, so uninstalling flash keeps them the same (flash files).

I'm going to figure out how to make fruity loops the dominant .flp

Thanks!

Response to Help! .flp now flash files! 2009-03-23 18:53:30

It's because Flash uses .flp files for FLash Projects. Which is essentially just a bunch of related .fla's and .as's all together in a flp file.

FL Studio also uses .flp

In FL Studio, hit f10, then look at this picture.

Help! .flp now flash files!

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com

We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!

Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to Help! .flp now flash files! 2009-03-23 19:03:31

Thank you so much!!! It's fixed!

Response to Help! .flp now flash files! 2009-03-23 19:06:17

Oh wait, it's not all the way fixed.

The conversion problem is, but I am still getting that high pitched sound with files with recordings in them, and my drums all have static with them. Any idea what's going on there?

Response to Help! .flp now flash files! 2009-03-23 19:14:51

At 3/23/09 07:06 PM, roboshopquartet wrote: Oh wait, it's not all the way fixed.

The conversion problem is, but I am still getting that high pitched sound with files with recordings in them, and my drums all have static with them. Any idea what's going on there?

sorry for the triple post, I just had to reconfigure it, and it's all fixed!

Thanks for helping guys!!!