00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

superTHR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Creature of the Week #53

3,759 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-27 22:07:45

I have about 10 little thumbnails of the creature I want to submit this week strewn about my school papers, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finalize it. I have to finish my school art projects first, then I'll contribute.

Hopefully we'll have at least a few more submissions that what we have now?

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-27 22:17:26

At 3/27/09 08:24 PM, Edufish9 wrote: big-jonny-13, LAYING DOWN DA LAW

Hahaha, hell yeah man

At 3/27/09 09:15 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I love it! =D

Haha, I love it too XD

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-28 03:56:06

At 3/27/09 10:07 PM, Temariix wrote: I have about 10 little thumbnails of the creature I want to submit this week strewn about my school papers, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finalize it. I have to finish my school art projects first, then I'll contribute.

Hopefully we'll have at least a few more submissions that what we have now?

Yeah, I don't understand what's happening. The amount of submissions is really dropping every week. I hope this doesn't die completely. So, I hope you make something.

I'm working on mine, btw.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-28 10:41:37

Night Princess

A small leechy snake like creature which distinctive bright attractive colours. It's a nocturnal creature and due to it's mating habits frequently is attracted to other bright coloured objects. It often hides in shoes and handbags ready to bite and suck the blood of a helpless victim.

Creature of the Week #53

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-28 11:03:02

At 3/28/09 03:56 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: Yeah, I don't understand what's happening. The amount of submissions is really dropping every week. I hope this doesn't die completely. So, I hope you make something.

I'm working on mine, btw.

Yeah it sucks.. I have been working on one for some time, but it looks like I don't have time to finnish. But pehaps a uncollored version..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-28 11:21:27

In the meantime I have started on mine:
I think I might do it in pastels

Creature of the Week #53

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-28 13:23:52

optomassium, it latches onto a victims optic nerve and feeds on the electric impulses passing through, a side effect being the host will sometimes experience layered vision (seeing what the parasite sees over top of his/her own sight.) Only known cure is prolonged exposure to 1guy1jar or BME Pain Olympics.

Creature of the Week #53

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-28 13:32:58

At 3/28/09 01:23 PM, FrostedMonkeyFlakes wrote: optomassium, it latches onto a victims optic nerve and feeds on the electric impulses passing through, a side effect being the host will sometimes experience layered vision (seeing what the parasite sees over top of his/her own sight.) Only known cure is prolonged exposure to 1guy1jar or BME Pain Olympics.

That's really good. You better not beat me though, my ego can't take it.

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-28 17:20:22

At 3/28/09 10:41 AM, SirNightOwl wrote: Night Princess

technically thats not a parasite, but who am i to judge :#

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-28 18:43:58

At 3/28/09 05:20 PM, RadioactiveRabies wrote:
At 3/28/09 10:41 AM, SirNightOwl wrote: Night Princess
technically thats not a parasite, but who am i to judge :#

"ready to bite and suck the blood of a helpless victim."

Sounds like a parasite to me. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-28 19:28:57

I wasnt trying to start a debate, and i'd might just be wrong, but in my book, thats more like a predator. Otherwise a lion or a eagle would be a parasite aswell. Please dont sue me ><

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-29 00:10:03

So basically illustrate a parasitic bug... ok!!1

Clicketh Ye Ol' Signature Fer Me DeviantART.

\/

\/

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-29 04:49:25

At 3/28/09 07:28 PM, RadioactiveRabies wrote: I wasnt trying to start a debate, and i'd might just be wrong, but in my book, thats more like a predator. Otherwise a lion or a eagle would be a parasite aswell. Please dont sue me ><

Well the suck your blood bit kinda makes it a parasite, much like a leech is a kind of parasite. But I have released some outside your house. Soon you'll be on side. =D

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-29 07:21:12

At 3/29/09 04:49 AM, SirNightOwl wrote: Well the suck your blood bit kinda makes it a parasite, much like a leech is a kind of parasite. But I have released some outside your house. Soon you'll be on side. =D

I agree, It's a borderline case, but it's a parasite, just like musquitos are.

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-29 10:43:35

Dundun duuun

The Chromatore

It's a small beetle whose plates imitate tree bark. As you may have guessed, it lives on the trees. It uses its jaws to dig a chunk out of the old, dry bark to access the sapwood below and then feeds mainly on the various juices running through the tree. It will happily eat a few larvae if it finds some though. It's fully camouflaged during that time and can feed without worries.
Alone, a Cromatore will rarely damange the tree, but in high numbers they can suck the tree dry.

Creature of the Week #53

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-29 11:51:34

At 3/29/09 10:43 AM, Re2deemer wrote: Dundun duuun

The Chromatore

Hehe, that's pretty good. I like the concept.

Here's mine:

The Hair Mosquito

This bug lives on peoples heads, and sucks blood out of them. This can do so much damage to a human, that his hair starts falling out. Until then, though, the Hair Mosquito is perfectly camouflaged, as its fur changes to blend in with the hair colour of a person.

Creature of the Week #53

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-29 14:25:52

At 3/29/09 11:51 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: The Hair Mosquito

nice

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-29 16:48:24

Here is my parasite: This is the first time I did that 'paint in photoshop' technique, I'm not really satisfied with how it is, but I got bored of it.

The snakespawn is a small reptile of about 8 cm head to tail that lives in grasslands or grassy areas in forests. The snakespawn is a parasite of ratsnakes. Glands in it skin shed an odour like that of mice, thus attracting ratsnakes looking for a prey. After the snake has swallowed the snakespawn, it lives in the stomach of the snake, feeding on the stomach's content of the snake. Though the snake will need to eat more prey (sharing it with it the snakespawn) it's health is not compromised by the presence of the parasite.
In the wild this reptile has lost the abilities of sight and hearing (so as to be more resistent to the snakes stomach fluids), however, in captivity snakespawns wich were hand-fed from birth did develop some eyesight.

Creature of the Week #53

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-29 16:53:50

At 3/29/09 04:48 PM, J-qb wrote: Here is my parasite: This is the first time I did that 'paint in photoshop' technique, I'm not really satisfied with how it is, but I got bored of it.

That's pretty nice. It could do with more contrast though. I'd make the shadows darker and the highlights brighter.

Good job nonetheless.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-29 23:25:50

I am not going to get to finished this today...so I am just gonna post it. Its no where near how I want it to be but oh well.

Creature of the Week #53

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to Creature of the Week #53 2009-03-30 07:26:28

looks great as always, too bad you couldn't finish it.

BBS Signature