00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Foxpaw's Art Thread

4,324 Views | 65 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 02:21:41

Welcome anyone and everyone(cept jerks)! I've had some artwork gathering dust on my hard drive for the past couple of years, and I realized that I want to share it with the world. I'll be uploading from oldest to newest, and feel free to comment on all of them.

Oh, and just because this is my art thread, it doesn't mean I don't want to see your work, too!
Rules are:
#1: You have to have spent both time and care on it.
#2: Keep it PG-13 or under. If you can't understand that, well, then there are plenty of OTHER forums for you.
#3: Can't think of any more rules.

Okay, so this one is a sketch drawn by looking at a photo(googled). As you might soon notice, I pay an obscene attention to detail my sketches. This one, however, is from WAY back and is one of my roughest. Still, criticism is welcome.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

You have the right to your own opinion. You also have the right to be so horribly wrong that it's laughable.

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 03:02:50

Here's another one I did on a flight back from China a year and a half ago.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

You have the right to your own opinion. You also have the right to be so horribly wrong that it's laughable.

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 03:36:19

Okay, my internet is acting stupid right now, so I can't upload anything more tonight. It was already painful trying to get the two above pics on here. I'll upload some more tomorrow if it's faster. I promise that my later pictures are much better than these two.

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 10:42:32

Okay, this one I did with nothing but the brush tool on Gimp. Yeah, I was bored that day.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 10:43:40

And a cooler version with the neon edge effect. I'm glad my internet is finally working!

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 12:40:39

At 3/21/09 10:43 AM, Foxpaw wrote: And a cooler version with the neon edge effect. I'm glad my internet is finally working!

Not that cool if you ask me, You've got some good sketches here, why go an filterfuck them up?
Otherwise, cool stuf

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 13:30:13

wowowowowow u r awesome!!! oh and by the way what is the the best art software in your opinion?

When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 14:57:56

just noticed: on the gimp-brush-boredday fox head (if you know what I mean). What's with the strange marks on his cheeck? apart from that it is definately your best work in this thread imo.

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 15:26:09

wow....u did that with only the brush tool?!
That looks lyk a photo!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." --Albert Einstein

www.theoutsiders.org.uk < Main

forum.theoutsiders.org.uk <Forums

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 17:19:39

At 3/21/09 02:57 PM, J-qb wrote: just noticed: on the gimp-brush-boredday fox head (if you know what I mean). What's with the strange marks on his cheeck? apart from that it is definately your best work in this thread imo.

The marks were from where the fur is bunched together. Thanks for the compliment.

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 17:23:02

Okay, I don't claim this to be anything original. The summer that Transformers came out I was all geeked out about it, and I wanted a cool icon for MSN. I found these two symbols on the internet and fused them together. I added a slight amount of blue tinge to the autobot, and a bit of red to the decepicon.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 17:54:19

This one is an alien's eye. Not too hard or especially good, but it helped me learn a few things on how to draw them.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 17:56:10

Another alien eye, but a different alien. This one turned out better than the other: better skin textures, better clarity...etc. I even added the slight photo of a mountain into the eye as a reflection.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 19:29:05

At 3/21/09 01:30 PM, zeldakid97 wrote: wowowowowow u r awesome!!! oh and by the way what is the the best art software in your opinion?

I dunno. I use GIMP now because it's free, but I used to use photoshop, before I lost the copy. Recently I've obtained an older Corel version, and I like the brushes on it better than GIMP. I kinda swap between GIMP and Corel now.

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 19:38:38

At 3/21/09 10:42 AM, Foxpaw wrote: Okay, this one I did with nothing but the brush tool on Gimp. Yeah, I was bored that day.

I really, really love that one.

It must have taken a while !

I'm making Signatures and Profile pictures. Want one ? Just drop by in my profile and do a request !

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 19:49:16

At 3/21/09 07:38 PM, Dalario wrote:
At 3/21/09 10:42 AM, Foxpaw wrote: Okay, this one I did with nothing but the brush tool on Gimp. Yeah, I was bored that day.

Would you mind if I go ahead and color it ? I won't if you don't want me to.

Well, I probably will anyway, but I won't show it to anyone if you don't want me to.

I'm making Signatures and Profile pictures. Want one ? Just drop by in my profile and do a request !

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 20:57:01

At 3/21/09 10:43 AM, Foxpaw wrote: And a cooler version with the neon edge effect. I'm glad my internet is finally working!

"I painted a nice looking fox on GIMP and then I filter fucked it for the LOLs."

OR you took an image from Google and desaturated it.

I can also make a safe accusation that none of your other stuff is drawn by you.

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 21:20:19

Turkey you are a goddamn madman when it comes to snooping out thieves, i want to be just like you when I grow up

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 21:32:50

At 3/21/09 09:20 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Turkey you are a goddamn madman when it comes to snooping out thieves, i want to be just like you when I grow up

My goal in life is to work out where you stole your wall murals and painted crushed can faces from, even if that means not submitting pics for weeks on end.

You thieving gypsy.

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 21:53:27

HA HA HA! You'll never prove a thing Turkey! Even if you do, you can't touch me! I AM THE LAW!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 22:46:08

At 3/21/09 08:57 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
"I painted a nice looking fox on GIMP and then I filter fucked it for the LOLs."

OR you took an image from Google and desaturated it.

I can also make a safe accusation that none of your other stuff is drawn by you.

Did you even look at the image ? Look at the fur, it's not even made the same way. Hell, just look at the nose, the ears and the eye if you are too lazy to actually take time and look at the fur.

Also, all of his art has been consistent so far. I don't see why you would think that he stole anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-21 22:51:08

I see no theft here, and I think Dalario's post clinches it. Turkey is just abit paranoid today, and rightfully so. Without his vigilance, the consequences would be unimaginable.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-22 14:34:48

At 3/21/09 07:49 PM, Dalario wrote:
At 3/21/09 07:38 PM, Dalario wrote:

Would you mind if I go ahead and color it ? I won't if you don't want me to.
Well, I probably will anyway, but I won't show it to anyone if you don't want me to.

Sure, go ahead and colour it. And for everyone who thinks my stuff is stolen, chances are you WILL find something like it on the web, but not because I steal, but because I replicate as best I can pictures I find on the web. It's what I do to make myself more observant of detail.

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-22 14:38:37

This was a sci-fi-ish picture that was brought on by possible ideas for my book. I scrapped the idea of an energy alien, but I still have the picture.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-22 14:40:18

And of course, that one was crap so I had to redo it.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-22 14:40:41

At 3/22/09 02:38 PM, Foxpaw wrote: This was a sci-fi-ish picture that was brought on by possible ideas for my book. I scrapped the idea of an energy alien, but I still have the picture.

Im-fucking-pressive!

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-22 14:47:46

And HERE is a high-res of the previous pic, because it was screwed up by gif-formatting it.

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-22 14:56:32

Hmm, I actually think the first energy alien looks better.
seems everytime you think you have improved your own work, I disagree.
What I like about the first one, is that is a little more vague than the second, while at the same time it is very clear what he looks like. if you get what i mean...

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-22 15:15:24

Another old, crappy pic. If you can even tell, its a pretty huge city on the ocean. The wall and the towers are supposed to be silver, but that didn't turn out so well. If anything, be impressed by the fact that I did this before I understood the concept of 'layers'. It was friggen hell to do this.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature

Response to Foxpaw's Art Thread 2009-03-22 16:13:50

Okay, I know I could have done better on this one, but it was just one of those drawings that you do more out of feel than actual attention to detail. This picture is also allegorical in a couple ways, but if you care enough about that you can just try to figure it out yourself.

Foxpaw's Art Thread

Check out my art!

FoXes Club!

BBS Signature