00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

babydash65 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

*Need Help* Garageband synth mods?!

1,062 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey guys. I really need some help. Right now i'm stuck with Garageband (ugh ino lol) and am trying to use the modules under "track info" to create a synth like that of, for example, the lead synth in {Runaway} by Drury Graham http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/7 5190 .

Anyone have any idea how i can adjust the modules for a similar synth? I have great melodies but none of them work with the synths I've been trying to program.

Any advice welcome.
Much thanks in advance-

DJ PsyTracked

Response to *Need Help* Garageband synth mods?! 2009-03-15 21:10:53

Stacking? Wow i feel dumb for not thinking about trying that. Thank you! And yes I've been attempting to get the necessary drive in the synth for about 2 months, and your idea just might work.

Thanks again ^____^

Response to *Need Help* Garageband synth mods?! 2009-03-15 23:00:58

Hmm. I understand what you mean. In garageband i think the range is considered "Mix" Hollow/Bright and "Tuning" Narrow/Wide. Yeah i've been toying with those at different degrees and frequencies but they're just missing that drive that the hard synths have. But again, thanks and I'll keep tryin!

Response to *Need Help* Garageband synth mods?! 2009-03-16 03:01:26

At 3/15/09 09:05 PM, DJPsyTracked wrote: ...am trying ... create a synth like that of, for example, the lead synth in {Runaway} by Drury Graham

I don't know a thing about GarageBand but it does support AU, right? Have a look here:
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2007/0 4/22/free-au-plugins/

Just visit kvraudio and snag a bunch of freeware synths to use in place of whatever stock came with.

Shouldn't be that difficult.

BBS Signature

Response to *Need Help* Garageband synth mods?! 2009-03-16 19:36:36

Thanks man! I'm trying them out right now!