00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

yixaline just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ksmittlez art thread

5,597 Views | 72 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-14 18:17:06

I wasn't going to make one of these since alot of the stuff I've made isn't that good but I decided to try out something new and It turned out pretty well. There was no other place I could think to post it so I hiked up my britches and made my own art thread.

Heres the picture I'm talking about It took me almost 2 hours and I made it for my friend ella.

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-14 18:31:57

P.S. tips and constructed criticisim would be greatly appreciated :D

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-14 18:31:59

Nice! I love elephants!
Cool style too.

" Bubble! " - Blockhead, Episode 7

'Awesomeness, for thy name is Jesus' ...I don't get it either...

Proud member of the NGDD

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-14 19:06:54

This didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to. Its soposed to be a campfire but something about it just doesn't look right to me...

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-14 20:34:31

At 3/14/09 07:06 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: This didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to. Its soposed to be a campfire but something about it just doesn't look right to me...

It might be the lack of light on the floor,but i dont know.
How do you make these?What program do you use?

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-14 20:36:33

At 3/14/09 08:34 PM, exmorbid wrote:
At 3/14/09 07:06 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: This didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to. Its soposed to be a campfire but something about it just doesn't look right to me...

Omg thats exactly it thank you loads.

And I use gimp.
Cause I'm a cheap bastard :D

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-14 20:40:36

At 3/14/09 08:36 PM, Ksmittlez wrote:
At 3/14/09 08:34 PM, exmorbid wrote:
Omg thats exactly it thank you loads.

And I use gimp.
Cause I'm a cheap bastard :D

Then were both cheap bastards :D
Though I just use it convert my pictures into .jpgs

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-14 20:51:34

Thank you so much i think it looks loads better now :D

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-14 21:02:07

At 3/14/09 08:51 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: Thank you so much i think it looks loads better now :D

Glad to be of asistance

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 02:54:06

I use gimp too. here is an example of what I've done.
Yeah!!! were all cheap bastards! hey that could be a new thread!

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 03:33:03

At 3/15/09 02:54 AM, mrsmiles703 wrote: I use gimp too. here is an example of what I've done.

Until I come in and tell everyone I use Photoshop.

BUT I GOT IT FOR FREE. SO IM A CHEAP BASTARD!

BBS Signature

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 07:15:29

I don't have either! I'm the ultra cheap bastard!

Also, nice art

" Bubble! " - Blockhead, Episode 7

'Awesomeness, for thy name is Jesus' ...I don't get it either...

Proud member of the NGDD

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 10:45:07

At 3/15/09 03:33 AM, maximuspower wrote:
At 3/15/09 02:54 AM, mrsmiles703 wrote: I use gimp too. here is an example of what I've done.
Until I come in and tell everyone I use Photoshop.

BUT I GOT IT FOR FREE. SO IM A CHEAP BASTARD!

HURRAH!

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 12:11:01

I love that brush. Try setting using it wit the full saturation spectrum. Its trip xD

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 13:08:10

I started on this one at about 8pm yesterday. It took me about 3 hours tottal to finish but I think it turned out great :D

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 13:24:26

Time to take a break form drawing to post some of my first "art" pieces ever.
My art roots are in photography and graphic design so here is a poster I made for invisible children.

Note: This was never actualy used by the invisible children people its just something I did in my spare time.

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 15:41:16

At 3/15/09 01:24 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: Time to take a break form drawing to post some of my first "art" pieces ever.
My art roots are in photography and graphic design so here is a poster I made for invisible children.

Note: This was never actualy used by the invisible children people its just something I did in my spare time.

Much cooler than the gimp ones!
Graphic design is awesome,I just wish I were creative(and good) enough to make something like that.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 15:54:51

At 3/15/09 03:41 PM, exmorbid wrote:
Graphic design is awesome,I just wish I were creative(and good) enough to make something like that.

Thank you for your kinda words :D
But just so you know I used gimp to make that too lol

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 16:30:23

At 3/15/09 03:54 PM, Ksmittlez wrote:
At 3/15/09 03:41 PM, exmorbid wrote:
Thank you for your kinda words :D
But just so you know I used gimp to make that too lol

Just take the damn compliment!
I want you to respond this with 'You're right,im awesome'.Do that and i'll give you an imaginary cookie

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 16:31:34

I dig you your impressionistic painterly style... remind me of something between van Gogh and Derain in particular. [Except with digital media!]

Minus your finished fire (my personal favorite of yours), they do seem kind of incomplete. I suppose its that there is a little bit too much blank negative space about them... if you know what I mean. It is completely up to you as to whether you choose to try this or not.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 16:36:13

At 3/15/09 04:30 PM, exmorbid wrote:
Just take the damn compliment!
I want you to respond this with 'You're right,im awesome'.Do that and i'll give you an imaginary cookie

OMG YOUR RIGHT I KICK ASS :D

Now gimmie my cookie :)

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 16:38:20

At 3/15/09 04:31 PM, ArtFreak17 wrote: I dig you your impressionistic painterly style... remind me of something between van Gogh and Derain in particular. [Except with digital media!]

Minus your finished fire (my personal favorite of yours), they do seem kind of incomplete. I suppose its that there is a little bit too much blank negative space about them... if you know what I mean. It is completely up to you as to whether you choose to try this or not.

I don't really know what you mean...
Do you mean the spaces between the "brush strokes" or just around the pictures in general?

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 16:55:55

At 3/15/09 04:38 PM, Ksmittlez wrote:
I don't really know what you mean...
Do you mean the spaces between the "brush strokes" or just around the pictures in general?

Well, usually by negative space it is meant by the space around your subject matter. (I apologize- I did not mean to say this of the elephant, as it has a background to speak of.)

I'm sorry if I may've confused you. [But, I think it may be interesting for you to see some of Derain's work.]

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 16:57:53

Oh and heres another one of my really early works.
Some people like it some people hate it. I didn't even know it was still on my computer untill like 30 seconds ago.

Ksmittlez art thread

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 16:59:50

I like it. It plays with light alot, and if your screen is as crappy as mine, you can only barely make out the face.

BBS Signature

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 17:01:43

At 3/15/09 04:55 PM, ArtFreak17 wrote: I'm sorry if I may've confused you. [But, I think it may be interesting for you to see some of Derain's work.]

Its cool lol. The reason a lot of my stuff is like is is becuase I can't really think of what to put in the background or I know what I want to put in the back ground but when I draw it in it doesn't look right. Haha I'm still developing my style so some things are hard for me to do.

Can you give me a link?

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 17:07:52

At 3/15/09 05:01 PM, Ksmittlez wrote:
At 3/15/09 04:55 PM, ArtFreak17 wrote: I'm sorry if I may've confused you. [But, I think it may be interesting for you to see some of Derain's work.]
Its cool lol. The reason a lot of my stuff is like is is becuase I can't really think of what to put in the background or I know what I want to put in the back ground but when I draw it in it doesn't look right. Haha I'm still developing my style so some things are hard for me to do.

Can you give me a link?

Oh, this is alright! Personal growth is an ongoing process- certainly you'll be able to nurture the skill in more ways in the future. (I think that a good environment for this is art courses, but it isn't the only one!)

Here's a link to Derain's work.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 17:09:00

At 3/15/09 04:59 PM, Wivernryder wrote: I like it. It plays with light alot, and if your screen is as crappy as mine, you can only barely make out the face.

That was intentional. My idea for the project was to give people something bright and bold to focus on(the lense flare) but then also give them something more to see after that. Kind of like a picture within a picture if that makes sence.

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 17:14:50

At 3/15/09 05:07 PM, ArtFreak17 wrote:
Oh, this is alright! Personal growth is an ongoing process- certainly you'll be able to nurture the skill in more ways in the future. (I think that a good environment for this is art courses, but it isn't the only one!)

Here's a link to Derain's work.

Yea art classes is deffinatly something I will look into. And OMG Derain is amazing I hope I get that good :D

Response to Ksmittlez art thread 2009-03-15 21:48:33

At 3/15/09 04:57 PM, Ksmittlez wrote: Oh and heres another one of my really early works.
Some people like it some people hate it. I didn't even know it was still on my computer untill like 30 seconds ago.

For doing a great job with that,you get a SECOND invisble cookie!YAAY!
...Enjoy