00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,641,643 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-12 15:58:49

At 8/12/10 03:21 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: Lol
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 5872

Sorry for double-posting.
Medals work but do not give points.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-12 17:36:03

Can anyone confirm that the Straight Pool Whitewash is broken.. Ive "earned" it a few times now. The trophy is unlocked in the game but not on my NG page. Anyone else found this?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-12 20:39:38

hey guys, just so you know: Epic 3 is 98% done, according to Matt.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-12 20:46:03

Target-shooting medals are on my profile, but they didn't add me 40 pts like it should. This is really weird...

Time is never ever standing still, except on Never Ending Hill

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-12 23:58:21

Is the medal disappearance thing finally over cause my points have grown over night by a lot and they match up with NG logs?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 00:15:16

At 8/12/10 11:58 PM, Domo wrote: Is the medal disappearance thing finally over cause my points have grown over night by a lot and they match up with NG logs?

Yes, PsychoGoldfish fixed the problem yesterday.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 11:53:58

Just to verify this, the untouchable medal is broken, right? Because on multiple occasions I did what it required and never got it. Or did it just not work for me for some reason?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 12:16:04

At 8/13/10 11:53 AM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Just to verify this, the untouchable medal is broken, right? Because on multiple occasions I did what it required and never got it. Or did it just not work for me for some reason?

I have it so maybe it's just not working for you.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 12:36:47

At 8/13/10 12:16 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 8/13/10 11:53 AM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Just to verify this, the untouchable medal is broken, right? Because on multiple occasions I did what it required and never got it. Or did it just not work for me for some reason?
I have it so maybe it's just not working for you.

That's really fucking stupid.

Is anyone else having trouble with this pool game?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 13:08:41

Don't know if anyone posted it already but
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 3789
Finally has visible medals on the game's page.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 13:13:56

At 8/13/10 01:08 PM, Zoljix wrote: Don't know if anyone posted it already but
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 3789
Finally has visible medals on the game's page.

That's a really hard game. I can't even beat it on easy mode.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 13:51:35

At 8/13/10 01:13 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: That's a really hard game. I can't even beat it on easy mode.

The medal - get 2000 pts on Hard is impossible too.. The highest score anyone has gotten is 1,2 or 1,3k..
Can't get any of the medals. :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 17:17:09

At 8/13/10 12:36 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Is anyone else having trouble with this pool game?

Yes! I cant even get one of the 5 point medals! And the v. hard CPU are so difficult to beat. I've figured out all of the snooker challenge shots if you need help with any of them.

Ive got to rank 4/16 but the last 2 tornaments are too much.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 17:21:34

At 8/13/10 05:17 PM, CTM222 wrote:
At 8/13/10 12:36 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Is anyone else having trouble with this pool game?
Yes! I cant even get one of the 5 point medals! And the v. hard CPU are so difficult to beat. I've figured out all of the snooker challenge shots if you need help with any of them.

Ive got to rank 4/16 but the last 2 tornaments are too much.

I got a break of 10, and I would like to think that it wasn't pure luck, but I can't even beat the bronze English pub tournament. And I need help with all of the challenge shots. Maybe you should make a video or something :P.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 18:32:10

At 8/13/10 05:21 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I got a break of 10, and I would like to think that it wasn't pure luck, but I can't even beat the bronze English pub tournament. And I need help with all of the challenge shots. Maybe you should make a video or something :P.

Ill have a go at making a video for some of them. I can really help with the tournaments though and my break of 50 was mostly luck. Try playing the straight pool. Its easier than the standard 8 ball game and its good practice to get the angles.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 18:36:19

At 8/13/10 06:32 PM, CTM222 wrote: Ill have a go at making a video for some of them. I can really help with the tournaments though and my break of 50 was mostly luck. Try playing the straight pool. Its easier than the standard 8 ball game and its good practice to get the angles.

Yeah, I thought the 50 shots in a row would be pretty tough, but it's not too bad in random potting. Also, I can't figure out snooker level 10? I assume its about shooting it into the bottom right pocket and getting a good bounce, but i can't get it to work.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 19:00:30

At 8/13/10 06:36 PM, waynerz99 wrote:
At 8/13/10 06:32 PM, CTM222 wrote: Ill have a go at making a video for some of them. I can really help with the tournaments though and my break of 50 was mostly luck. Try playing the straight pool. Its easier than the standard 8 ball game and its good practice to get the angles.
Yeah, I thought the 50 shots in a row would be pretty tough, but it's not too bad in random potting. Also, I can't figure out snooker level 10? I assume its about shooting it into the bottom right pocket and getting a good bounce, but i can't get it to work.

I just made a video of how to get all the snooker shots. Im uploading it atm and ill post it on my userpage. Ill tell you guys when its up. Its BAD quality and I miss 6 times total but you get the idea with it :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 19:30:09

Errrmm.. guys.. Everytime I try and embed the video it says its not from a supported site, but its from youtube. So here's a link instead.

Sorry about the awful quality. There are 6 misses overall but i kept it as a continuous play-through because:

a) Im lazy
b) It shows how to correct the shots or something like that... but mostly because im lazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X6Asvfye Go

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 20:41:34

At 8/11/10 04:13 PM, waynerz99 wrote:
How theMEXICANTHIEF got 50,000 points on the other red storm survival game is beyond me. That looks redic. I think I only got to like 30,000 and I was getting really lucky on the last levels... maybe if you just keep hitting space bar and send the first 10 waves and make it through you'll get a ton of points? I dunno if anybody has tried it.

I posted a while ago how to do it. See, when you force a "rush" in a round, you get points added to your rush bonus. So you have to rush like crazy when you have plenty of health and bank on getting a level up when you clear everything out, thus giving you back all your health. As such, keep adding rushes until you are dangerously low on health. Then if you clean up and get your level(s) up, you rinse, repeat. That's how I was able to get 50K points.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 20:54:19

At 8/13/10 08:41 PM, nosesocks wrote:
I posted a while ago how to do it. See, when you force a "rush" in a round, you get points added to your rush bonus. So you have to rush like crazy when you have plenty of health and bank on getting a level up when you clear everything out, thus giving you back all your health. As such, keep adding rushes until you are dangerously low on health. Then if you clean up and get your level(s) up, you rinse, repeat. That's how I was able to get 50K points.

Yeah thats exactly what he pm'd me. Credit to you I guess? unless he figured it out without reading your post, I dunno.

Also, thanks to CTM for that 10th snooker shot.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 22:03:01

At 8/12/10 05:36 PM, CTM222 wrote: Can anyone confirm that the Straight Pool Whitewash is broken.. Ive "earned" it a few times now. The trophy is unlocked in the game but not on my NG page. Anyone else found this?

CTM222, I'm the bloke who made English Pub Pool, I got PM about this and I checked my code and I found a bug - sorry, my bad >_<

I've updated the game and all of the medals should be fine now. Sorry about the mistake. You might have to clear your cache to makes sure you're playing the new version. You can check the version is OK on the "Stats, Rules and Game Info" page, the version number appears in the top left corner and needs to be v1.0.3.9D or later.

At 8/13/10 07:30 PM, CTM222 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X6Asvfye Go

I love the video, you play some of the shots differently to me. On the 2nd Snooker, you can play a shot down the cushion with a lot of left hand spin - it's easier that way.

If you make any more videos PM me and I might link to them from my website and facebook app. I'll credit you and link to newgrounds too.

At 8/12/10 12:14 AM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I officially hate this pool game. I played so much pool on OP and now I can't even tell the angles for this game. And the rules SUCK.

Too bad, but you can change the 8-ball rules in the menus, from the start menu go Pool Rules->Set 8-Ball Rules. They'll save for next time you play too. You can switch to place anywhere after fouls and stop 2-shots after fouls, and other rules can be changed too.

It sounds like you've been unlucky with the Easy Tournaments, sometimes the CPUs get lucky and play better than they normally do - that's sport!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 22:18:26

One more hint for English Pub Pool for the single shot challenges. You can change the shot style from the in game Menu - in the top left corner.

Menu->Set Shot Style, then click on Manual Power to change it to Timer Power.

Now you don't have to move your mouse when taking shots. So if you were a little out the first time, you can easily adjust the shot the 2nd time as you don't have to move your mouse between shots. I think that's how several people have gotten 100%.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-13 23:10:41

At 8/13/10 01:51 PM, Zoljix wrote:
At 8/13/10 01:13 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: That's a really hard game. I can't even beat it on easy mode.
The medal - get 2000 pts on Hard is impossible too.. The highest score anyone has gotten is 1,2 or 1,3k..
Can't get any of the medals. :P

Bullshit. I personally got 2,956 on Hard a few days ago, and at least 17 people have gotten 2,000 or higher. Don't declare something to be impossible just because you can't do it. Just keep doing random levels on Hard until you find one you're good at, remember to scrape as many bullets as possible, and then keep playing it until you get to 2,000. You'll get there, it just takes a lot of patience. I'd give you the seed code for the level I did it on, but it seems the game doesn't keep that information in a .sol file, so the code is gone forever.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-14 01:41:25

I got as far as 1500, but it's just retarded. There has to be an easy level in it, but I haven't found it. I played it for an hour and thirty minutes.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-14 02:27:59

At 8/14/10 02:13 AM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5110

Odd, just like Target Shooting's medals these medals work fine and send to your profile but do not give you points..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-14 03:34:12

At 8/14/10 02:27 AM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote:
At 8/14/10 02:13 AM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5110
Odd, just like Target Shooting's medals these medals work fine and send to your profile but do not give you points..

Maybe there has been a change in it. That target game didn't really deserve medals with points. There have been many similar games that have not been given approved medals.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-14 08:24:04

Can anyone show me or tell me how to get past level 18 in Little Cannon with a GOLD ranking?
That is all I need for the Gold Medalist reward.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-14 13:08:51

hey guys,
ever since i last posted here, i've been playing the Beta version of EBF3, and i'm already near the end.
so when it comes out, i'll make the guide, OK?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-08-14 14:18:22

In the Wind rider game the medal TYPHOON_RIDER and TORNADO_RIDER medals seem to be broken.. Everything else has worked for me so far.