00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rock/Electric Guitars?

1,599 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 13:46:50

Anyone know where I could get a VST with some eletric guitars in and some rock instruments?

preferably free :)

*soundfonts are fine, but I'd rather not use them

thankyou

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 14:40:19

There is no such thing as a good electric guitar VST I think.

But I would be glad to play something for you, since you're so popular and I'm a mere underling with decent recording equipment. :(

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 16:03:41

At 2/8/09 02:40 PM, Kor-Rune wrote: There is no such thing as a good electric guitar VST I think.

But I would be glad to play something for you, ---> since you're so popular<-- and I'm a mere underling with decent recording equipment. :(

Haha thanks kor :p

I'll be sure to PM you to record some main melody lines :) thanks again
>>Zero

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 16:19:39

At 2/8/09 04:03 PM, Zero123Music wrote:
At 2/8/09 02:40 PM, Kor-Rune wrote: There is no such thing as a good electric guitar VST I think.

But I would be glad to play something for you, ---> since you're so popular<-- and I'm a mere underling with decent recording equipment. :(
Haha thanks kor :p

I'll be sure to PM you to record some main melody lines :) thanks again
>>Zero

Well you did have like two or three pages worth of underdog votes, woah! :o

Alright, I'll record the melody lines or however you'll want them. I'd probably need to listen to them over the main track for best results. :3

BBS Signature

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 16:48:11

If you're interested, I'm in the process of uploading my Reason 4 metal guitar patches when I have the time. There's like a ridiculously old patch I have up http://drop.io/runeaxe/asset/warriorv3-0 . Before I got into synthesized metal, I tried with Slayer 2 on FL back when I was a kid, boy was it ever so cheesy sounding :D

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 17:09:00

Slayer 2 us the only one I'm aware of

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 17:41:11

Really, any electric guitar VST won't sound all that good at all, I believe. It's not that I'm against them, it's more like the fact that a guitar has a lot less consistency than say, a piano or drums, therefore, it's incredibly hard to emulate an electric guitar as compared to piano or drums, and sounds pretty bad when attempted. You're better off with asking some guitarists nicely, you guys.

Especially the bragging shredder types, cause we're assholes that like to show off our skills to everyone we can, haha.

BBS Signature

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 17:45:13

L a s h m u s h and J RAY TEAM 6 use fake guitars, and kick ass with them. Not really sure what they use...but you could ask them as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 18:36:49

I wish there were good Guitar VSTs though. I really need one for a current song I'm working on as well right now.

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 18:59:09

I've used Logics guitars, which are okay, I suppose. I've managed to get some decent results with, and their definitely better than Slayer. Is reFX's slayer the same as in FL studio?

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 19:35:49

There are several free VSTi that can do a little more than Slayer.
Super Riff
DSK Electric GuitarZ
DVS Guitar
but there are a lot of guitarists here that you can ask to help ;)

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 19:36:53

thanks everyone;
though i'm probs gonna use Kor-Rune as my eletric guitar xD

and I have used slayer b4, it's very good for a plug-in but isn't the "WOW that's realistic" quality I want xP

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-08 22:24:17

The only thing I can suggest is the Slayer 2 Plugin by ReFX - that thing's amazing.

At 2/8/09 06:59 PM, B-mies wrote: I've used Logics guitars, which are okay, I suppose. I've managed to get some decent results with, and their definitely better than Slayer. Is reFX's slayer the same as in FL studio?

Try using the Slayer 2 plugin in conjunction with the Guitar Amp Pro plugin ;)

Response to Rock/Electric Guitars? 2009-02-09 20:09:47

Watch your velocity knobs on 4 channels of slayer one. Turn the dampering up and the velocity damping to abour 2 oclock. Now, when you adjust your note velocity you can alternate between the mutes and the opens. Pan 2 of your slayer 1's left, and the other two right. Go take one left and one right and detune them slightly to fatten up the crunches. Run your rights into a mixer channel and your lefts into another mixer channel, load up guitar rig, or slayer 2 or amplitude or whatever and go to town. Just layer all 4 slayer channels and you cana make some pretty strong stuff. Listen to my track Metical - Desertion and you can hear what this method gets you.