00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vokrose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,789,993 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 19:47:34

At 3/31/12 07:12 PM, jpbear wrote: next time my ear gets clogged ill make sure to do this :)

Just a warning, first time doing it may feel a fair bit uncomfortable, the hydrogen peroxide bubbles like crazy when it comes into contact with any wax in your ear, and the friction from the bubbling may cause your ear to feel uncomfortably warm.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 20:07:40

At 3/31/12 08:01 PM, LaForge wrote: i was told by my family doctor that olive oil was the best remedy, but honestly it didn't work at all. I'll try peroxide tonite when i lay down.

wait i'm not sleeping tonite. darn.

Doctors don't know shit. Last time I went into the doctor for anything relatively serious was because I thought I fractured my ankle after landing on it twisted...

You know what the doctor told me?

"You have a cold."

Not even joking, actually happened.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 20:19:05

At 3/31/12 08:07 PM, Braiton wrote: How is that even a doctor?

Years of cheating on exams in college, probably.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 20:32:08

At 3/31/12 08:27 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 3/31/12 08:19 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 3/31/12 08:07 PM, Braiton wrote: How is that even a doctor?
Years of cheating on exams in college, probably.
even then, a 7-year-old would know the difference between a fractured ankle and a cold. you should have complained to the staff of the practice.

I was very vocal when I walked out of the office... using my mom as support, cause I couldn't walk on that foot (You know, because it was fucking fractured), I said very loudly as we passed the front counter, "Where the fuck did he get his medical license, I came here because my ankles broken, not because I think I need cough medicine."

A couple weeks later I heard that a doctor had been fired from that clinic... but I don't know if it was the same one as I saw... Wouldn't at all surprise me though.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 20:57:16

You guys are mods, do you think my question about trackers warrants its own thread? It doesn't look like it'll be answered here before the turn of the page.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 21:03:23

At 3/31/12 08:57 PM, SuperBastard wrote: You guys are mods, do you think my question about trackers warrants its own thread? It doesn't look like it'll be answered here before the turn of the page.

There's no harm in asking about it if you're curious, just be careful to avoid inviting people to shamelessly advertise their stuff, cause that'll get your thread locked real fast.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 21:18:05

At 3/31/12 09:03 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 3/31/12 08:57 PM, SuperBastard wrote: You guys are mods, do you think my question about trackers warrants its own thread? It doesn't look like it'll be answered here before the turn of the page.
There's no harm in asking about it if you're curious, just be careful to avoid inviting people to shamelessly advertise their stuff, cause that'll get your thread locked real fast.

Cool beans, I was just worried about making a whole new thread for it because as far as I know it's somewhat of a niche genre in the musical community.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 21:30:42

At 3/31/12 09:18 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
Cool beans, I was just worried about making a whole new thread for it because as far as I know it's somewhat of a niche genre in the musical community.

If you're ever worried about making a thread that may break rules in the audio forum, best to first ask one of the following mods who are both audio and BBS mods:

Rucklo
Rig
jarrydn

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 23:07:16

At 3/31/12 09:30 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 3/31/12 09:18 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
If you're ever worried about making a thread that may break rules in the audio forum, best to first ask one of the following mods who are both audio and BBS mods:

Rucklo
Rig
jarrydn

Thanks for the advice! To be honest I was more concerned with creating a BBS-clogging failure of a thread than actually breaking the rules, since making said thread didn't seem to be against any of the rules I read.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 23:53:20

At 3/31/12 11:11 PM, LaForge wrote: Ever heard of the "Official Instrument Request Thread"? didn't think so. i posted it about 2 months ago and it got about 7 responses. what i'm trying to say is, don't be afraid to fail, because even mods do sometimes.

Alrighty then, I'll try not to be so timid the next time I come up with something worthy of its own thread, haha.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-03-31 23:55:22

At 3/31/12 11:53 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Alrighty then, I'll try not to be so timid the next time I come up with something worthy of its own thread, haha.

The only thread I've ever made that didn't fail miserably is the Metal MAC.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 00:02:15

personally i would like to see way more threads about trackers, but that's just me ;D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 00:03:15

At 4/1/12 12:02 AM, jarrydn wrote: personally i would like to see way more threads about trackers, but that's just me ;D

Ok, I'll make a thread about Donovan Bailey.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 00:07:09

At 4/1/12 12:00 AM, LaForge wrote:
At 3/31/12 11:55 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: The only thread I've ever made that didn't fail miserably is the Metal MAC.
the MAC was already popular before you made the thread, cheater.

Don't spoil my glory!

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 04:07:24

At 3/31/12 11:11 PM, LaForge wrote: Ever heard of the "Official Instrument Request Thread"? didn't think so. i posted it about 2 months ago and it got about 7 responses.

Dude that thread rocked I got a guy to do a piano part for me and played guitar for someone through it

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 04:12:01

We cant ALL be awesome thread starters.

i did love the request instrument thread though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 04:39:18

At 4/1/12 04:12 AM, jpbear wrote: We cant ALL be awesome thread starters.

Supersteph54 and I started the NGADM threads. Does we winz? :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 04:51:31

At 4/1/12 04:39 AM, Echo wrote:
At 4/1/12 04:12 AM, jpbear wrote: We cant ALL be awesome thread starters.

Supersteph54 and I started the NGADM threads. Does we winz? :3

You people have no culture.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 07:26:02

selling everything

have had a blinding set of realizations these past few months. i'm going to sell pretty much everything and get a maschine.

is that zen or what?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 07:48:45

At 4/1/12 07:26 AM, jarrydn wrote: selling everything

have had a blinding set of realizations these past few months. i'm going to sell pretty much everything and get a maschine.

is that zen or what?

Can't you afford a maschine by selling like one or two of your hardware synths

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 08:35:22

Soooo NG doesn't celebrate April Fools this year?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 08:39:13

At 4/1/12 08:35 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Soooo NG doesn't celebrate April Fools this year?

Yeah it does, can't you see the new banner and stuff?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 09:00:55

At 4/1/12 07:48 AM, SBB wrote:
At 4/1/12 07:26 AM, jarrydn wrote: selling everything

is that zen or what?
Can't you afford a maschine by selling like one or two of your hardware synths

yeah but then i'd still have synths, why bother? maschine + traktor on my macbook, amiga running protracker, gameboy running LSDJ and FLstudio on my desktop, i literally don't need anything else!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 12:10:09

Heys, seems like it's been a while since I stumbled back into ze lounge. How goes it?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 12:22:27

At 4/1/12 12:10 PM, EchozAurora wrote:

:How goes it?

It goes, I guess. You know, (un)steadily fighting my way towards improvement and all that.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 14:33:01

At 4/1/12 09:00 AM, jarrydn wrote: yeah but then i'd still have synths, why bother? maschine + traktor on my macbook, amiga running protracker, gameboy running LSDJ and FLstudio on my desktop, i literally don't need anything else!

Great for you then good luck ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 15:06:37

Ugh, I hate April Fools Day... I decided to try to troll on Facebook so I posted a status about how I was giving up on my hopes and dreams to become a gas station clerk. The only people who responded to it were family members that I hardly ever get to see, and they were all concerned and offering me a place to stay and stuff.

I feel like such an asshat.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 18:53:28

I just want to say whoever the mod was that banned me from the AP forum this morning for my April Fools post, and then later removed it...

You are godly.

Reveal yourself so I may bow

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-01 21:46:21

At 4/1/12 02:33 PM, SBB wrote:
At 4/1/12 09:00 AM, jarrydn wrote: yeah but then i'd still have synths, why bother? maschine + traktor on my macbook, amiga running protracker, gameboy running LSDJ and FLstudio on my desktop, i literally don't need anything else!
Great for you then good luck ;)

thanks dude i feel liberated. it's a weight off my shoulders. i'm way less depressed now hahaha

hey midimachine, do you want a TX81Z? I think you two would get on well.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-04-02 14:26:17

At 4/2/12 01:53 PM, LaForge wrote: humph. let's take a vote for resurrecting the official instrument request thread (herein to be referred to as OIRT) and, if it seems most of us would like it back, let's try to figure out a way to make it more successful.

I'm game for resurrecting that beast.

Also... Guys... I'm too pro for these forums, and no, this was not edited in any way (Save being cropped, obviously):

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature