00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,531 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 01:38:16

At 1/8/12 01:36 AM, Back-To-Purgatory wrote: ok, thank you everyone except brokendeck, you dont have to be so mean

Wat, didn't notice the " :P " face?

You are BFP's alt aren't you?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 02:26:18

At 1/8/12 01:45 AM, Back-To-Purgatory wrote: suggesting i'm nothing more than an alt to purgy, thats so sad

i'll have you know i am deeply involved with purgys very being

You banging him?

Wrong kind of deep?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 05:24:26

At 1/8/12 02:26 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 1/8/12 01:45 AM, Back-To-Purgatory wrote: suggesting i'm nothing more than an alt to purgy, thats so sad

i'll have you know i am deeply involved with purgys very being
You banging him?

Wrong kind of deep?

No, he swallowed him.

Also wrong kind...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 06:25:45

At 1/8/12 05:24 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: No, he swallowed him.

Also wrong kind...

He entered him deeply?

I'm betting that's the wrong kind too...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 08:11:32

Maybe Back-To-Purgatory is the same person as the one who made the UNFairSquare account, a couple of pages back..
CONSPIRACY! :O

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 09:04:27

At 1/8/12 08:11 AM, FairSquare wrote: Maybe Back-To-Purgatory is the same person as the one who made the UNFairSquare account, a couple of pages back..

I'll ask her for you when she wakes up.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 09:12:00

At 1/8/12 09:04 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/8/12 08:11 AM, FairSquare wrote: Maybe Back-To-Purgatory is the same person as the one who made the UNFairSquare account, a couple of pages back..
I'll ask her for you when she wakes up.

But.. i.. you.. and.. shampoo eating.. closet monsters on the stairs.. mental breakdown TOOT TOOT BOPOPOPORRRRRrrrrspt

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 11:38:40

At 1/8/12 12:23 AM, Xyresic wrote:
Just listening to Banagarang, the song. Seems like Skrillex is pretty much sticking to what he knows. Not sure if this is a good thing or not...

Yeah, it sucks. The only really good track that I would find myself listening to over and over is Summit. Which featured Ellie Goulding. Granted, Skrillex's voice is sliced and diced all over the place and she only gets a verse. But it's still a well done, listenable song. Now if you're including the orchestral suite bonus track by Varien, that was also a great listen. Especially hearing the drop from First of the Year done with mostly percussion and choirs. Though the mastering seems a little screwed and it's obviously synthetic I would still suggest listening.

The rest is just club fodder. Ready to be cut into a mix and that's about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 13:33:10

NYC Meet Up 2012

I'll be there.

SymbolCymbal is going.

Come join us if you guys are in town in May.

Derp

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 14:50:18

At 1/8/12 11:38 AM, ChimeraNoise wrote:
At 1/8/12 12:23 AM, Xyresic wrote:
Just listening to Banagarang, the song. Seems like Skrillex is pretty much sticking to what he knows. Not sure if this is a good thing or not...
Yeah, it sucks. The only really good track that I would find myself listening to over and over is Summit. Which featured Ellie Goulding. Granted, Skrillex's voice is sliced and diced all over the place and she only gets a verse. But it's still a well done, listenable song. Now if you're including the orchestral suite bonus track by Varien, that was also a great listen. Especially hearing the drop from First of the Year done with mostly percussion and choirs. Though the mastering seems a little screwed and it's obviously synthetic I would still suggest listening.

The rest is just club fodder. Ready to be cut into a mix and that's about it.

Are you serious? I love the album, especially Bangarang and Devil's Den. Although I think that Sonny should've put less emphasis on the high frequencies of the hats and claps in Bangarang. Whenever I listen on headphones it hurts my ears.
I didn't like his album More Monsters and Sprites. Yeah okay, First of the Year is an absolute banger (especially the part were the beat goes hardstyle tempo), but the rest is shit. Ruffneck sucks, both versions, and the Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites remixes are much worse than the ones on the other album.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 15:12:19

At 1/8/12 02:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: lawl i loo000vvveee skrillazx

To each his own, most avid "edm" listeners abhorred the album.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 15:17:49

At 1/8/12 03:12 PM, jpbear wrote:

Hmpf...

Anyway, does this pic apply to anyone else? It does to me, unfortunately...

The Audio Forum Lounge

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 15:24:35

At 1/8/12 03:17 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
Hmpf...

headphones? try all cables that exist

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 15:45:24

Hmpf...

I've run over headphones and other cables countless times, and every time i wince and hope they dont break.

Fortunately I've never broken anything with my chair movement rage though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 16:36:51

At 1/8/12 02:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Are you serious? I love the album, especially Bangarang and Devil's Den. Although I think that Sonny should've put less emphasis on the high frequencies of the hats and claps in Bangarang. Whenever I listen on headphones it hurts my ears.
I didn't like his album More Monsters and Sprites. Yeah okay, First of the Year is an absolute banger (especially the part were the beat goes hardstyle tempo), but the rest is shit. Ruffneck sucks, both versions, and the Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites remixes are much worse than the ones on the other album.

I really only see his stuff as more like "Babbys first club songs". Everything he does is suited to be played on some decks, and as such it's all watered down. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent, but that talent is making the kind of stuff thats just forgettably simple. He's cultivated his "trademark" distorted modulated bass blah blah blah to the point where it's pretty much become the norm for all dubstep songs and people want to hear it in everything. And they do. Which is why he needs to find something new, or else he's going to start stagnating and stinking up the place.

Which won't actually happen, because the masses love him and his music and wouldn't know good music if it smacked them across the face with a raw steak.

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 16:40:08

At 1/8/12 04:36 PM, Xyresic wrote:
Which won't actually happen, because the masses love him and his music and wouldn't know good music if it smacked them across the face with a raw steak.

What if its medium rare? Raw steak is rather flabby yknow.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 16:41:33

At 1/8/12 04:40 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 1/8/12 04:36 PM, Xyresic wrote:
What if its medium rare? Raw steak is rather flabby yknow.

Not if by "raw steak" I meant "the whole cow"

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 17:17:02

The next time i'm in a restaurant i'm gonna call the waiter and say:
''Can you get me some meat quick? My life's at steak!''

i just thought that up ain't i funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 17:52:01

Hmpf...

Too true, though the damage is bigger when the cord is thicker. One time I lost a pair of head phones to my cat, fucker chewed the cable.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 18:41:58

Dream

I had this dream that i was an actor. I had to improvise a meeting with 2 other guys. We were in some kind of city council.
The 2 guys started talking and asked me to turn on the VCR. I did. When the video ended they started talking (i didn't had anything to say) and pretty soon the subject was M&M's.
I fucking flipped. I stood up, kicked my chair and shouted: ''WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?! THE CITY IS CRUMBLING AWAY BENEATH OUR FEET, WE'RE LOSING ALL OUR POWER AND YOU ARE SITTING HERE, TALKING ABOUT FUCKING M&MS'S?!
That was the end of the scene and everybody was completely impressed by my acting.

The thing is, that it felt so good. All that anger, i could just taste it. And i'm a pretty calm guy irl.
BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY FUCKING ANGER ISSUES, GO AWAY!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 19:02:04

At 1/8/12 06:41 PM, FairSquare wrote: Dream

I am a dream interpreter, my book "Dream Interpretations" was a New York Times best seller.

According to the dream, the repressed feelings of anger you felt stem from the fact that you wish to have anal sex. Now we can judge the intensiveness of these homo-erotic feelings, by the anger felt during the dream. Now in your case, based on sound mathematical formulas and equations, the feelings are so intense that your asshole would become so loose from the intensive amounts of anal-sex that it would start to collapse on itself forming a black hole.

The black hole would then rip the space-time fabric allowing all of time and space to collapse on itself. The resulting object would be the densest object that has ever existing, eventually the heat caused by you asshole would explode into a new universe where billions and billions of years later, intelligent life would form.

I'm sorry I had to be the one to break this to you. Please tell your loved ones why the world will end.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 19:40:29

At 1/8/12 07:02 PM, Thegluestickman wrote:
At 1/8/12 06:41 PM, FairSquare wrote: Dream
I am a dream interpreter, my book "Dream Interpretations" was a New York Times best seller.

At first I was like :O and den i LOL'd.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 20:29:22

Impressive.

According to the dream, the repressed feelings of anger you felt stem from the fact that you wish to : have anal sex.

Whut.

Now we can judge the intensiveness...

LOL

You really thought this out didn't you XD

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 20:53:46

yo check this out and give me your opinion http://soundcloud.com/brentarnason/venet ian-snares-mix

queef!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 21:13:21

At 1/8/12 08:53 PM, shimmyya wrote: yo check this out and give me your opinion http://soundcloud.com/brentarnason/venet ian-snares-mix

so you posted it in the wrong thread and then posted it in the right thread.

why don't people read anymore.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 21:29:34

Anyone remember that movie called Secret Garden?

I dont even remember what its about, I just remember being forced to watch it as a kid (a lot) and being depressed because of it. Its not a big deal, but right now I got the urge to try to recall the story, AND I CANT REMEMBER ANY OF IT, all I can remember is how FUCKING sad i get when even THINK about the movie. Its such a weird feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sWnEWpS_
fA

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 21:54:18

At 1/8/12 09:29 PM, jpbear wrote: Anyone remember that movie called Secret Garden?

I dont even remember what its about, I just remember being forced to watch it as a kid (a lot) and being depressed because of it. Its not a big deal, but right now I got the urge to try to recall the story, AND I CANT REMEMBER ANY OF IT, all I can remember is how FUCKING sad i get when even THINK about the movie. Its such a weird feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sWnEWpS_
fA

Its about little girls that find fairys in the woods and sell thier story to the media but fail to prove it therfore look like idoits, its pretty lame jpbear

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 21:58:15

Anyone heard of New Motive Power. There a up and coming thier stuff is so awesome you should check them out if your into pendulamish stuff (but better pendulam imo).

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 22:19:58

At 1/8/12 09:54 PM, gavkay21 wrote: Its about little girls that find fairys in the woods and sell thier story to the media but fail to prove it therfore look like idoits, its pretty lame jpbear

Think that's lame? I just tried watching Sucker Punch...

Half an hour in I couldn't stand how awful it was and turned it off.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-01-08 22:48:21

At 1/8/12 10:19 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/8/12 09:54 PM, gavkay21 wrote: Its about little girls that find fairys in the woods and sell thier story to the media but fail to prove it therfore look like idoits, its pretty lame jpbear
Think that's lame? I just tried watching Sucker Punch...

Half an hour in I couldn't stand how awful it was and turned it off.

As soon as i seen the trailer i knew it was just about the hot chicks and nothing else. I am not going out my way to see it any time soon. However that new film "Goon" is okay seen it with a few mates on friday night it was good laugh nothing too amazing though.