00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,784,771 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 00:56:44

At 5/15/11 12:43 AM, jarrydn wrote: (Snip snip)

11:34 AM
December 21, 2012:

Jarrydn gains access to a government medical lab.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 03:08:13

At 5/14/11 08:36 PM, LaForge wrote: I know there aren't a lot of hunters/trappers on the NG forums, but do any of you have any similar stories to tell?

I made lobster tonight. We put them in the freezer to stunt the nerve response to being boiled alive. It worked fine. I named my lobster Perkinge. Living things dieing wriggle and writhe, I don't see whats weird about your situation.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 04:00:55

At 5/15/11 12:43 AM, jarrydn wrote: With all other things being equal, the risks of contracting a sexually transmitted disease are the same whether you're straight or gay.

The problem isn't the equality of the thing, it's human anatomy that is in question. The anus was never meant to be used in the way that we use it, same with the mouth. It isn't a sexual organ, and it is prone to tearing more than a vagina since it isn't inherently as flexible. I'm not going on a "gays' shouldn't has sex" speech, because frankly i don't give a fuck if they do, they have every right to put their bodies in the hands of their partner, just like everyone else.

Though it doesn't hurt either that some people aren't satisfied alone with just sex, that they have to literally shove their hand up the hole of choice in order for them to feel anything, and even if neither person has diseases, the ripping or tearing that causes opens up a straight b-line entryway to the bloodstream, it's also why no one in there right mind should drink anything from their ass or pussy

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 08:03:06

Still doing that dick drawing thing!

except tonight's was kinda shit. fuck.

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 09:22:45

At 5/15/11 04:00 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 5/15/11 12:43 AM, jarrydn wrote: With all other things being equal, the risks of contracting a sexually transmitted disease are the same whether you're straight or gay.
The problem isn't the equality of the thing, it's human anatomy that is in question. The anus was never meant to be used in the way that we use it, same with the mouth. It isn't a sexual organ, and it is prone to tearing more than a vagina since it isn't inherently as flexible. I'm not going on a "gays' shouldn't has sex" speech, because frankly i don't give a fuck if they do, they have every right to put their bodies in the hands of their partner, just like everyone else.

Though it doesn't hurt either that some people aren't satisfied alone with just sex, that they have to literally shove their hand up the hole of choice in order for them to feel anything, and even if neither person has diseases, the ripping or tearing that causes opens up a straight b-line entryway to the bloodstream, it's also why no one in there right mind should drink anything from their ass or pussy

Considering that as a race, we seem to have *transcended* from our animal status, it seems to me that our anatomy is of little consequence. The butthole and mouth weren't intended for cocks, but ears weren't intended for earings, the brain certainly wasn't intended for massive cinema screens cramming epilepsy inducing amounts of data through our eyeballs, our digestive system could have never anticipated something as fucked up as refined sugar, and to top it all off, our circadian rhythm is completely out of whack, because there is certainly nothing natural about the way we manage time in our day to day lives.

I have strong opinions, and I can be fairly vocal about them, but at the same time, I like to think that I'm a reasonable guy. I'm all about compromises, but a lot of the time I look around at the world and constantly come to the conclusion that we've gotten it completely and utterly wrong. For example, if someone presented me with a plate of monsanto's finest genetically engineered slop, and told me that I had to finish the entire plate of food or they'd put a bullet in the base of my skull, I think I'd try talking them into letting me fist my own ass, as a kind of second option.

And yeah, getting fisted isn't the most safe and casual thing ever. But I think mother nature would be a lot more happier with objectively seedy practices such as that, rather than a billion other things that we put ourselves through on a daily basis. And I know that this isn't a discussion about "what mother nature would prefer", and that we are actually engaging in a discourse on what is safe and what isn't, but honestly, I don't think that the two of them are actually that far apart.

Also monkeys felate each other.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 09:28:42

Oh yeah, and I'm sorry if you got the impression from my post that I thought you were being anti-gay or whatever. I don't know you very well, but I do know that you aren't a hate-monger :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 09:29:19

At 5/15/11 09:22 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 5/15/11 12:43 AM, jarrydn wrote: lolwut
okay then...

Just another day in the Audio lounge...

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 09:41:23

Banananananob

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 11:50:11

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 13:48:33

At 5/15/11 09:28 AM, jarrydn wrote: Oh yeah, and I'm sorry if you got the impression from my post that I thought you were being anti-gay or whatever. I don't know you very well, but I do know that you aren't a hate-monger :)

I'm only a "hate-monger" if the person/collective population in question are being completely and utterly stupid and lacking of common sense. I don't care what race, religion, political or sexual belief you follow, but if you try to fuck up my or everyone else's lifes just because you didn't get the attention you wanted from your parents (or whatever) and decide to riot and protest bullshit things...

Okay i'll stop there before it becomes wall o text.

Also, banana's felate

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 16:43:34

At 5/15/11 11:50 AM, WildeKeizer wrote: Movies today can not beat this!

watch iron monkey. Be proven wrong.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 17:05:19

Wow you guys have some really good disscusion. Also i never thaught the that way of life. As mentioned by Jarrydn. Yeah i guess alot of things we do is a big F.U to Mother Nature. Yet, we live longer compared to the people who llived 100 years ago.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 17:06:14

At 5/15/11 11:50 AM, WildeKeizer wrote: Movies today can not beat this!

Except when they can.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 18:02:02

At 5/15/11 05:05 PM, YouriX wrote:

i guess alot of things we do is a big F.U to Mother Nature. Yet, we live longer compared to the people who llived 100 years ago.

Alot of the things that mother nature does is a big F U to humans too so I mean...

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-15 22:38:37

At 5/15/11 06:02 PM, Envy wrote:
Alot of the things that mother nature does is a big F U to humans too so I mean...

Yea death is mean. I hate death, therefore I hate nature.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 07:12:57

At 5/15/11 10:38 PM, jpbear wrote:

Could not agree more..

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 07:40:40

At 5/16/11 07:12 AM, YouriX wrote:
At 5/15/11 10:38 PM, jpbear wrote:
Could not agree more..

Pffft, i'm glad i'll die someday. I think i'll grow pretty tired of life when i'm about 80 or so.
Hell, i even grow tired of it now sometimes.
No, i'm not contemplating suicide, don't worry. I love my life.
But sometimes life just makes me go.. 'Seriously? Come on!'

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 08:13:29

I want everyone to die, the sooner the better.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 08:43:54

At 5/16/11 07:40 AM, FairSquare wrote:
Pffft, i'm glad i'll die someday. I think i'll grow pretty tired of life when i'm about 80 or so.

everyone says that now... But I doubt when you're 80 you'll be saying "Yep I'm done"

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 08:52:31

Just because I don't eat humans doesn't mean I'm an immoral person.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 09:04:47

At 5/16/11 08:43 AM, Envy wrote:
At 5/16/11 07:40 AM, FairSquare wrote:
everyone says that now... But I doubt when you're 80 you'll be saying "Yep I'm done"

Well, of course, i don't know how i'll think about things when i'm 80.
But there are a lot of people who do say that they are ready to go when they are old. And that they wouldn't mind to go, too.
But we'll see. I'm not 80, yet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 09:13:36

At 5/16/11 08:43 AM, Envy wrote: everyone says that now... But I doubt when you're 80 you'll be saying "Yep I'm done"

My greatgrandmother has been saying that since she was 90, she's just been bored for the last ten years

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 09:36:25

I'm going to terrorize people when I'm old. Fact.

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 09:47:55

At 5/16/11 09:36 AM, Envy wrote: I'm going to terrorize people when I'm old. Fact.

In my distant future, i see a lot of wheelchair racing and fake teeth hiding.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 12:05:46

At 5/16/11 09:49 AM, Chronamut wrote: I often wonder if immortality would be such a great thing.. I guess only if others could be immortal with you - I look at the pets that age faster than we do and die and feel sad.. and think itd be the same way with people- everything would be a bit bleak and time would eventually corrode your soul.

Two kinds of people would fare extraordinarily well. Both being extraverts, but at either end of the scale. Ie those with socio-centric pathologies such as narcissistic personality disorder, and psychopathy. At the other end, you'd have your altruistic types, people with a sound mind, a view towards helping others (whatever the cost), and a good sense of rationality, coupled with a fair intellectual ability.

Narcissists will be fine, as their relationships with others are completely self-serving. Once their current source of narcissistic supply has withered away, they will simply seek out another one. As long as they are being paid attention to, it doesn't matter who is paying that attention to them. Even if the attention is overwhelmingly negative, they will lap it up. This is why you should never bother with a narcissist. The chance of rehabilitation is probably equal to the chance of rehabilitating a sociopath. Not that it matters to the narcissist of course ;D.

On the other end of the scale, people with a positive socio-centric attitude would also be fine. They would always have the ability to form deep and mutually beneficial relationships with others. These people enjoy the challenge of befriending someone that interests them. If they posess a sound, rational mind, death won't matter because it means that they would always have a rich social tapestry that is ever-evolving and full of endless opportunity. If they have the brains to know when to let go of something, watching their loved ones grow old and die will not be a soul-crushing experience. Take it from me, when you are exposed to the death of a loved one, you learn how to let go.

Ultimately, death will in fact mean less and less as each generation passes, because you will always be gaining wisdom, which will allow you to integrate the fairly trivial matter of death/non-existence. Unless of course you stubbornly hold on to irrational beliefs that have no grounding in reality (ie, believing in deities/belief in having a soul-mate/belief in spiritual or religious destiny/believing that your subjective experience is actually *important*/believing in ).

Of course, non-existence would be directly responsible for other issues. Issues which stem once again from a lack of rationality. For example, many people derive their self-worth from their popularity or social status. This is bad if you are eternal, because it means that you have to be constantly re-establishing your popularity. THIS is bad, because for the average person, it would mean a lot of lying. A lot of lying, for such an abstract and meaningless concept. Also, people can, and will, turn on you. The more people you know, the more people there are to someday hate your guts. If you view society as a ladder to be climbed and conquered, once and for all - you will fall off. If you have to keep doing this shit for the rest of your life, it WILL drain you at some point. A reliance upon popularity, without the benefit of a narcissistic or psychopathic disorder, is a pretty fast track to a life of depression and self-resentment.

As an introvert, I would probably find it hard over the first couple of hundred years. I'm fiercely skeptical, and this + introversion, makes it fairly difficult for me to make close, long and meaningful relationships with other people. I don't care what anyone says...most people will need the company of others to stop them from going insane. Don't confuse this with deriving your worth from others, however. It plays a part, but mostly, you need to talk to people. You need to touch them, and hear them. I would simply find it hard to make new friends once all my current ones had died off...my introverted and skeptical nature simply prevents me from doing so. However, eventually, you'd just have to buck the fuck up and get out there.

Most people exist somewhere between the two aforementioned extremes. Immortality would be tough for most, and as you go down the ranks as far as overall intellectual ability is concerned, I think that you would start to see a causal increase in the development of pathologies/neuroses/psychoses, depending on the individuals mental tapestry. Stuff like OCD, de-personalization/de-realization, catatonic depression, psychosis/schizophrenia etc. The longer that these persisted without some kind of intervention or spiritual realization, the worse it would get.

Having said that, I'm not ragging on dumbasses here. I think that a rational mind in an immortal body would be much more important than a genius level IQ. And to be honest, I think it would be interesting to see how a bunch of *normal* people would develop if they were imbued with immortality. I think in the end(?), every immortal agent would have chosen a path that either drives them to become purely narcissistic or altruistic.

Personally, I think that immortality would be great, in theory. I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, and I could read all the books in the world if I had all the time in the world ;). Conveniently forgetting that we don't have the resources to support such an abomination, I would love to live forever. We are so far removed from death, that we have over-romanticized one of the most normal things ever.

Your parents will be dead one day. You will have friends that die before you do. Shit, they dont even have to die...sometimes we fall out with people and never see them again. But these gaps in your external social network should be getting filled with new people. You might think that your little bubble is static, but really, it's as dynamic as you're willing to let it be. And if you do understand that your friends, family and acquaintances are constantly shifting around now (and you are cool with this), then there's no reason why it should be any better or worse for you in 1000 years time.

TL:DR if you don't want to be immortal, then it's probably not for you.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 16:20:34

Anyone want a new sig?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 16:32:57

At 5/16/11 04:20 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Anyone want a new sig?

I'm due for a new one. I was just going to compress my web banner... but if you're offering...

I'd take one =]

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 16:58:49

Today

The day xKore got a Facebook account and added just about the whole audio community.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 17:04:54

At 5/16/11 04:58 PM, Mich wrote: Today

The day xKore got a Facebook account and added just about the whole audio community.

I only recognized your face on his current friendlist...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-16 17:17:55

At 5/16/11 05:04 PM, SBB wrote:
At 5/16/11 04:58 PM, Mich wrote: Today

I only recognized your face on his current friendlist...

Wut, you didn't recognize mine?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature