00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Willyp213 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for metal musicians

2,873 Views | 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-02 16:45:10

If anyone here is a metal musician who would be interested in recording cover songs plese contact me either through PM or reply in the thread. I would like to make some cover songs but I cannot find local musicians.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-03 01:26:07

At 1/2/09 04:45 PM, AlexJacobii wrote: If anyone here is a metal musician who would be interested in recording cover songs plese contact me either through PM or reply in the thread. I would like to make some cover songs but I cannot find local musicians.

I would :)

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-03 10:19:30

ok. what would you be interested in doing? what instrument.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-03 12:51:59

Have you tried this list?.
Some metal musicians there. Also, sometimes, the lists don't reflect the QUALITY of musicians. Only the ability to 0 vote the best. haha.
Good luck.

And just for curiousity, what part in these covers do YOU do? I may also be interested.

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-03 12:56:51

Oh sorry bout that mate! I would be willing to do synths and keyboards, and vocals, I would do guitar but my friend who owned the guitar I used moved and I can't afford one now. So I need at least a guitarist and drummer, bassist, 2nd guitarist and some backing vocals would be nice though. I would like to do a joke cover first of the Pokemon TV show song.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-03 12:58:59

At 1/3/09 12:56 PM, AlexJacobii wrote: Oh sorry bout that mate! I would be willing to do synths and keyboards, and vocals, I would do guitar but my friend who owned the guitar I used moved and I can't afford one now. So I need at least a guitarist and drummer, bassist, 2nd guitarist and some backing vocals would be nice though. I would like to do a joke cover first of the Pokemon TV show song.

Cool man. Good luck. I'd be willing to throw down something you listed there. However, I don't know what Pokeman is. I'm too old.

haha

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-03 13:10:07

Well what about some of these bands that I want to cover:

Neil Young(Hey,hey,my, my), Power Quest, Ensiferum, The Power Rangers Theme Song from Season 1, Dethklok, Death, Obituary, Immortal, and just general video game cover songs such as Megaman songs

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-03 13:26:42

At 1/3/09 01:10 PM, AlexJacobii wrote: Well what about some of these bands that I want to cover:

Neil Young(Hey,hey,my, my), Power Quest, Ensiferum, The Power Rangers Theme Song from Season 1, Dethklok, Death, Obituary, Immortal, and just general video game cover songs such as Megaman songs

Sounds fun, man.

DarKsidE555 is the master of megaman metal. I would never dream to attempt a cover there. Go to his page, seriously man. Thats some fucking MEGAMAN!

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-03 13:32:48

yeah I know but I want to do a song about it with vocals. Nerdy to the max! But awesome.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-04 10:13:54

anyone else willing to help me out? I can use anyone mate.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-04 17:28:54

At 1/3/09 01:10 PM, AlexJacobii wrote: Dethklok

What songs by dethklok?
SO far I can do Thunderhorse, Go Into the water and Detharmonics

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-04 22:32:46

At 1/4/09 01:05 PM, GoreBastard wrote: Can you do vocals like Chuck Schuldiner?

I'm also curious about this, because if he can I have a song in the works I could use him on.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-05 19:53:56

At 1/4/09 01:05 PM, GoreBastard wrote: Can you do vocals like Chuck Schuldiner?

WHAT. PAIN. WILL IT TAKE. Yes I can, though it is not perfect.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-06 19:56:33

At 1/5/09 09:46 PM, GoreBastard wrote:
At 1/4/09 10:32 PM, speedmetalmessiah wrote:
I'm also curious about this, because if he can I have a song in the works I could use him on.
Ya me too!

At 1/5/09 07:53 PM, AlexJacobii wrote:
WHAT. PAIN. WILL IT TAKE. Yes I can, though it is not perfect.
Interesting. Can you do his older style vocals aswell?

Hmm. Not as well. I need to buy a better mic and practice anyways. If I think I'm good enough I'll PM you than. The coolest I get at doing well is "The Philosopher". Speaking of which I need to make a Bevis and Butthead "Tacos to Go" parody of that song. lmfao

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-07 20:05:39

Sweet Dim has agreed to help me!

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-07 23:05:21

At 1/2/09 04:45 PM, AlexJacobii wrote: If anyone here is a metal musician who would be interested in recording cover songs plese contact me either through PM or reply in the thread. I would like to make some cover songs but I cannot find local musicians.

I can do some vocals. I'm a trained vocalist in both standard clean voice and a few variations of the falsetto. including the death metal guttural style vocal. I've been in a few bands myself so i know what I'd be getting into. Also i can play a bit of guitar i have some riffs available that I've been jamming on but i don't know what to do with em.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-07 23:13:20

I can play double bass drums.
Jordison style

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-08 16:53:47

At 1/7/09 11:13 PM, OneLastCaress wrote: I can play double bass drums.
Jordison style

double bass, good. Slipknot=bad. I might need you later on and someone else here amy need you. lol. We got several requests here so I might as well turn it over to ya'll to find other TALENTED musicians to jam with like we have seen so far

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-08 20:15:13

At 1/8/09 04:53 PM, AlexJacobii wrote: Slipknot=bad.

I disagree, the new album is pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of their earlier stuff, but they're a good band.

I make music.

You can hear my newest track here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/657049

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-09 16:45:30

At 1/8/09 10:55 PM, GoreBastard wrote: I never liked Slipknot, but at least the first album had a few ok songs on it. Then they went even more mainstream and sold out to the scene. Their last album has loads of industrial metal songs on it, which is the biggest way to sell out, because that's the only stuff they play in rock/metal clubs these days.
I'd respect them more if they still sounded the way they did when they started.

In fact, their very first album, before the original studio release, was quite technical.

Gore did I ever tell you I love you? lol. Exactly like I think. I originally like their first album, than they sold out and wasted their talent. I mean Joey has so much talent, but he wastes it in such a horrible band. I don't like Deathcore either for the same reason, they just waste all their talent on gay pig squels and such, seriously I could pig squel when I was 4! All this "sell-out" music getting big. Poor Chuck is probably spinning in his grave just because it exists. A lot of people diss on black metal, power metal, death metal, and thrash metal but they fail to see that they all are incredibly talented in their own ways. Power metal has insanely talented musicians showing off. Black metal has awesome theatrics and great music. Death metal in its purist is amazingly crappy but thats what makes it so cool, the fact that it should sound like shit but it doesn't.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-10 10:51:50

lol Nice Gore. Yeah I long for the 90's. I'm only 16 and even I remember the good ole days of metal when I was alive. Hell the 80's would be great but I wouldn't be born yet. Cyber-grind? rofl. WTF? I can picture industrial metal but cyber-grind? Maybe cyber-power metal like X World-5 but grind? Ugh! Death core is garbage though, seriously where is the talent in it? Yeah sure Death metal SHOULD sound like shit, but it doesn't if its done right (Death,Obituary, Suffocation, At the Gates, Entombed, etc.), but death core is gay. Like Slipknot, why do people think they are all death core or metal core now? They're nu-metal and therefore NOT METAL. Idk about the new album cos I can't hear shit, I tried before, didn't work it just smeared around my ear a bit.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-10 10:57:16

I think Linking Park is the heaviest metal band. Their riffs are so brutal, even Manowar can't beat that. Oh and the screaming. Never heard anyone scream so hard. Heavier than Slipknot.

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-10 19:56:10

At 1/10/09 10:57 AM, CWN wrote: I think Linking Park is the heaviest metal band. Their riffs are so brutal, even Manowar can't beat that. Oh and the screaming. Never heard anyone scream so hard. Heavier than Slipknot.

Totally dude. They kick everyone else into the ground! They make Burzum sound like a bunch of long haired pussies.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-11 17:03:22

Hey we should make a newgrounds metal version of Don't Fear the Reaper with MORE COWBELL! I'm talking a massive collab with as many musicians as possible.

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-11 18:23:14

im your bass man.
<3 sweeps.

Click here for the underdog: http://eliashellfire.newgrounds.com /

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-11 19:12:01

At 1/11/09 05:03 PM, AlexJacobii wrote: Hey we should make a newgrounds metal version of Don't Fear the Reaper with MORE COWBELL! I'm talking a massive collab with as many musicians as possible.

WOAH WOAH WOAH.

If that's the case, I'm down to throw in a bit of shred or like harmonize with the solo melodies and such. :3

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-12 09:46:02

At 1/12/09 09:27 AM, GoreBastard wrote: Ahh, gay! I've got no gear and I can't record anything :(

a FAIL is you! :D

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-12 19:49:54

At 1/12/09 09:27 AM, GoreBastard wrote: Ahh, gay! I've got no gear and I can't record anything :(

Thats okay. If you guys are interested PM me so I can organize this beast, Gore I'll save you a part, we need at least 15 solos to do it justice ya know, well 6 cowbell solos but still. DOES ANYONE HAVE A COWBELL?

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-12 21:08:02

bass solo ftfw?

Response to Looking for metal musicians 2009-01-13 00:55:51

i thinkis probably... much fail