00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bertn1991 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

this is just wrong!

2,385 Views | 29 Replies

this is just wrong! 2003-11-12 23:15:33

so yeah, i'm walking to school this morning as i always do, and as usually i'm bored and staring off into space, i turn onto the school sidewalk and look straight ahead..and you know what i see?

a fucking white 4ft tall cross sticking out of the ground next to the fucking flag pole (oh the irony)

now, you may ask "wtf mal! put this in politics forum" and i say to those, i am not asking for a political debate, i'm just going on about how this is so wrong

and now you may ask "so?" and i say, my school is a fucking public school. now, if your not sure why i'm annoyed, well, you see, in the US there is this thing in our constitution which states that there is a seperation between church and state, meaning, NO FUCKING PLACING CROSSES IN THE GODDAMN SCHOOL YARD YA MORONS!

yeah, i'm catholic and all, but i'm just sickened how my school would do such a blantant disregard of the law it is required to fallow. i mean, i dont mind having a religious symbol here and there in school, you know, maybe a teacher is a jew and has the star of david in their class room. but bluntly placing a cross in the fucking front lawn...now thats a little too far

and even though we only have 180 students k-12 (american standard school system before college) we still have a couple jews and if i'm not mistaken one or two students of even other religions. wheres the fucking star of david near it? wheres the karan? wheres the fallen angel symbol? i mean, come on, your supposed to fucking give us a non predujice education, and you remind us that most of the teachers are catholic or something gay like that.

and its not that somebody died, because the last person who died who was an alumni or anything was a mooney. and it cant be for veterans day, because my school is too stupid to care.

gaah!

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-12 23:19:47

At 11/12/03 11:15 PM, MALforPresident wrote:

well, you see, in the US there is this thing in our constitution which states that there is a seperation between church and state, meaning, NO FUCKING PLACING CROSSES IN THE GODDAMN SCHOOL YARD YA MORONS!

And yet you have "In god we trust" on your money?

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-12 23:38:58

At 11/12/03 11:19 PM, rangi wrote: And yet you have "In god we trust" on your money?

the irony of that, in our $1 bill, that funky pyramid with the eye coming out of it is a satanic symbol, you see, a bunch of satanists got into the whig party while george washington was in office, so he thought the symbol was something patriotic, he didn't know that it was actually the satanic cult symbol, he probably just thought it looked cool or something...

so i guess it evens itself out...unless your athiest and dont beleive in there being any lucifer.

to other dude:

well, they actually put the star of david for those who are jewish. i dont know about muslims, but i'm sure that its just a scene you see more in the states because we have a mostly crist based population, thus, you see more crosses, but if you ever look at one of the war cemetarrys like harlem or whatever, you'll noticed scattered stars of davids instead of a cross.

i just find it weird, because there is nobody to mourn, maybe its some stupid veterans day thing, but its past, and frankly nobody gives a damn around here

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-12 23:53:12

Jesus man! You people and your rules. Quit being such a square. Who cares about the rules... Don't pay attention to anyone that takes a stand. Thier usually on thier period or thier brain is hemeraging. Well my point is, WHO CARES? I don't care! sheesh. Maybe those Jews your ranting on about don't care either. Well whoever stuck that cross up there wants to stick that cross up there. If your school would let people stick religious signs on your school, then why don't the Jewish/Hindu/Muslim/Satanist/ect... put somthing up. If your so upset about somthing you shouldn't really care about, then I really feel sorry for you. Let the people of other religions handle it. If they really cared, then they would stick a bunch of other religious crap up there if they wanted to. Our world does embrace differences, but fighting over what difference is the majority won't help. Just because alot of people are Christian/Catholic , doesn't mean they can't celebrate thier differences. Does it?

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-12 23:53:48

At 11/12/03 11:38 PM, MALforPresident wrote: the irony of that, in our $1 bill, that funky pyramid with the eye coming out of it is a satanic symbol, you see, a bunch of satanists got into the whig party while george washington was in office, so he thought the symbol was something patriotic, he didn't know that it was actually the satanic cult symbol, he probably just thought it looked cool or something...

Uh, no. It's a Masonic symbol, likely because George Washington was a member of the Freemasons. The official interpretation is that the pyramid represents strength and durability. It's incomplete because so is the work of building the nation. The eye in the triangle is the all-seeing eye of providence.

If you can offer anything showing how it's related to Satanism I'd like to hear it, otherwise consider yourself "pwned".

#####

And as for your little cross problem...the only logical solution is to burn it, of course.

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-12 23:57:32

By any chance is this a Catholic school?

Because that might answer your question.
If so, tell Father O'Reily to take his sexual proposition and fuck off.

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-12 23:59:34

At 11/12/03 11:57 PM, -12345678910-PWFilms wrote: By any chance is this a Catholic school?

At 11/12/03 11:15 PM, MALforPresident wrote: and now you may ask "so?" and i say, my school is a fucking public school.

PAYING ATTENTION IS PHUN.

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 00:01:53

At 11/12/03 11:53 PM, Stuporman wrote: Uh, no. It's a Masonic symbol, likely because George Washington was a member of the Freemasons. The official interpretation is that the pyramid represents strength and durability. It's incomplete because so is the work of building the nation. The eye in the triangle is the all-seeing eye of providence.

ugh..i forgot where i read it, it was some history thingy, i mean, sure, thats what they want you to think steve, but think about it. the pyramid could be the kindom of god, and at the top of it is god, but god is gone because satin finally took over! see? yeah. ugh...damn i wish i had that link...i get bored and read alot of shit on the internet, either way, i was just pointing out the irony after he mentioned the money. so yeah

If you can offer anything showing how it's related to Satanism I'd like to hear it, otherwise consider yourself "pwned".

well, at least i'd be pwned by a mod and not some cocky kid who just hit level 9 and has <100 posts and shit....i think you just dont like me..your lashing out

And as for your little cross problem...the only logical solution is to burn it, of course.

hmm..*picks up match book*...i'll be back in about 15min....*picks up lighter fluid container on way out*

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 00:02:00

Did you ever think maybe a student put it there, dipshit?

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 00:03:31

At 11/12/03 11:38 PM, MALforPresident wrote:
the irony of that, in our $1 bill, that funky pyramid with the eye coming out of it is a satanic symbol, you see, a bunch of satanists got into the whig party while george washington was in office, so he thought the symbol was something patriotic, he didn't know that it was actually the satanic cult symbol, he probably just thought it looked cool or something...

whaaa?.....Where did you get this from? The Satanist religion wasn't even popular until the late 80's. Also the amazing 5 commandments of that religion weren't created until like....I was born. So how could Satanist stuff be so popular, that wierdos go dancing in the whitehouse, then the president goes, "HEY! those people look down with America!!!" and put that thing on the dollar.

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 00:05:11

At 11/13/03 12:01 AM, MALforPresident wrote: i think you just dont like me..your lashing out

If disagreement is the only grounds needed for dislike, then I hate almost everyone here. Oh wait, I do anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 00:07:22

OMG IF YOUR PRINCIPAL IS BLACK TAKE THE CROSS AND BURN IT ON HIS FRONT LAWN, THAT'LL TEACH THAT FUCKER TO INFLUENCE KIDS WITH DECENT RELIGIOUS BELIEFS

First of all it's my view that it was placed there for vets day, to remember the DEAD veterans.

Now then. A cross is a sign of christianity, not catholocism. the CRUCIFIX (aka jesus dead on the cross) represents catholocism. And being a christian is simply being christ-like: in other words, being the best person you can be.

Now that's simply what I was taught, I went to a catholic school.

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 00:11:56

At 11/13/03 12:07 AM, Afro_Ninja wrote: OMG IF YOUR PRINCIPAL IS BLACK TAKE THE CROSS AND BURN IT ON HIS FRONT LAWN, THAT'LL TEACH THAT FUCKER TO INFLUENCE KIDS WITH DECENT RELIGIOUS BELIEFS

First of all it's my view that it was placed there for vets day, to remember the DEAD veterans.

Now then. A cross is a sign of christianity, not catholocism. the CRUCIFIX (aka jesus dead on the cross) represents catholocism. And being a christian is simply being christ-like: in other words, being the best person you can be.

Now that's simply what I was taught, I went to a catholic school.

But if Christ had never been put on the cross, it would have never had as much importance, if at all. So it has to be a representation of catholicism and christianity.

And besides, Christianity is the faith of the orthodox Catholic Church, so the two are basically the same.

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 00:15:02

At 11/13/03 12:07 AM, Afro_Ninja wrote: And being a christian is simply being christ-like: in other words, being the best person you can be.

AAAAAHAAAAAHAHAHAAAAHHHHHAAAAAHAHA LAUGH OUT FUCKING LOUD

It wouldn't be funny if you said "trying to be the best person you can be", but you didn't, so it is.

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 00:46:13

At 11/13/03 12:15 AM, Stuporman wrote:
At 11/13/03 12:07 AM, Afro_Ninja wrote: And being a christian is simply being christ-like: in other words, being the best person you can be.
AAAAAHAAAAAHAHAHAAAAHHHHHAAAAAHAHA LAUGH OUT FUCKING LOUD

It wouldn't be funny if you said "trying to be the best person you can be", but you didn't, so it is.

okok cheesiness aside, that's just how I tend to look at it. Don't think I'm close minded/naive/sheltered for saying that

To be honest I don't affiliate my self with catholocism much anymore, nor any religion. At times I think the goal of any religion is just to keep people straight, so why does it matter which one I believe in? I belive in God, and I know right from wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 00:56:14

My school's christian club (public school in U.S., so same rules apply) handed out cans of soda during AP test days with "we pray for you" or something like that written on the cans. They were asked to not write that the next day.

As for the money, I don't remember it being a problem until Bush started being all biblical in his speeches with "operation divine justice" and "god's country" and all that. Well, I believe even the government has the right to free speech, so long as it's not trying to hypnotize the people. That's where Bush got in trouble. By trying to brainwash people with religion, the nations people started freaking out thinking every religious phrase is propaganda.

As for the "one nation under god" phrase, it was only added during a hype to believe in god during the ice-cold cold war, when communism was also atheism. Just to be different the nation was urged to become religious. Well the time has come and gone and I think the phrase should be taken out.

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 01:06:32

I woulda gone up & booted the shit out of it...

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 01:23:26

At 11/13/03 12:46 AM, Afro_Ninja wrote: okok cheesiness aside, that's just how I tend to look at it. Don't think I'm close minded/naive/sheltered for saying that

I ain't hatin', I'm just givin you shit because you basically said "being Christian is being the best person you can be" which is just wrong in so many ways.

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 01:25:55

At 11/13/03 01:23 AM, Stuporman wrote:
At 11/13/03 12:46 AM, Afro_Ninja wrote: okok cheesiness aside, that's just how I tend to look at it. Don't think I'm close minded/naive/sheltered for saying that
I ain't hatin', I'm just givin you shit because you basically said "being Christian is being the best person you can be" which is just wrong in so many ways.

I think he meant: If you're christian, you MUST be as good a person as you can be.

Which doesn't mean the best person you can be MUST be christian.

Ja?

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 01:30:24

all i can say is thank god (budda, alah...wateva) I don't live in America.

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 01:30:37

At 11/13/03 01:25 AM, HeinousDude wrote: I think he meant: If you're christian, you MUST be as good a person as you can be.

At 11/13/03 12:15 AM, Stuporman wrote: It wouldn't be funny if you said "trying to be the best person you can be", but you didn't, so it is.

Again... PAYING ATTENTION IS PHUN.

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 03:02:57

we americans all know that but our president(i hate calling him that) is fighting a religous war and he fucking said so
money has in god we trust
and youll never see a buddest in the office
so how far would my country go with out the cruch we call cristiananity
to be truthful it sickens me

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 03:09:37

Everyday, there is something to be said
about this Religious issue. Why? Why do we all have
to fight about this all of the time? I think that we should
just leave it up to people, and not allow it to be a public
thing unless the people want it to be.

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 14:59:27

At 11/13/03 12:03 AM, DontTouchMe wrote: whaaa?.....Where did you get this from? The Satanist religion wasn't even popular until the late 80's. .

Uh... Yeah... Satanists and groups with the same idea have been around since the Middle Ages, friend.

Ever heard of... Burning people on the stake for showing 'support for evil?

Witchcraft, all that great stuff?

Yeah.

And MAL, we live in a religious country. It was founded by religious men, most of them being Protestant or Christian, and will forever be a religious nation.

And excuse President Bush for speaking of God in his speeches.

He was raised a Christian, and will represent this country as one.

Tough luck, too bad we elected him, huh?

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 15:28:08

Hmm.. confusion indeed. I've never viewed christianity as a religious sect or anything. Like I said just trying to be a good person :)

bleh, whatever....

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 22:14:06

ok ok ok...jeeze, i started a international incedent..cool

well, basically, where you guys have all gone is a thing about christianity, i'm just saying its a little off to put a cross in the middle of the school yard, i can understand a religious student (if you went to my school, you'd laugh at the possibility, the only students who would do anything are the anti-everything ones) putting that there. but that it was still there this morning

and i know about vets day. they have never done it before, and i dont think they would want to. it crossed my mind to ask them about it all, but i forgot this morning

anywho, nice to see you guys actually having debates and stuff..something you dont see in general much anymore

and steve, STOP FUCKING FLAMING! :) just joking (god, set a good example)

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 22:32:35

At 11/13/03 10:26 PM, drunkmagipoopy wrote: illiteracy at it's hight!

i think i speak for both steve and i when i say "reading the topic is phun!"

well, if you had actually even read the original post of the topic (you know that thing that the topic is based after at the top?) you would know that i am a catholic, and taht its not just anybody's lawn, that it is a public school's yard. and i'm not bitching, i find it rude that they put a symbol of religion, and only that symbol out there, even if it is for veterans day, and they know damn well people of other relitions, faiths, and backrounds have faught and died in war.

now that thats settled, care to try again?

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 22:34:00

At 11/13/03 10:29 PM, drunkmagipoopy wrote: ...and I know you're catholic, I was just talking to atheists in general... or something... yeah...

damn you people (oh the irony, huh?) how am i supposed to rant about you being stupid if you correct yourselves?!

BBS Signature

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 22:37:06

Well here's my story:
Everyday I walk to my art history class and I pass through Turlington Square where many groups at the university go to promote, hand out flyers and the like.

Everyday there is also a man holding a Bible up in classic 'preaching to save your soul' fashion and around you will always see the same group of Atheists taunting him and giving their 2 cents on creationism.

What makes anyone think that what they say in this argument will enlighten anyone towards their view?

The moral of the story is that the only person dumber than the person preaching in public is the one that takes notice and fires back.

Response to this is just wrong! 2003-11-13 22:43:30

At 11/13/03 10:26 PM, drunkmagipoopy wrote: Oh dear God, a cross. Certainly looking at it will send you to Atheist hell.

Seriously, can you atheists show one ounce of fucking respect for someone else's beliefs instead of bitching whenever someone has the goddamned nerve to put a t-shaped piece of wood on their lawn? It makes some people feel better, and nobody's "pushing their beliefs" on you, you paranoid waste of life.

Meh, I'm agnostic, but I'll take up the "atheist" side anyways. Their in this case is a public school. I personally don't care if you put a cross on your front lawn, on the side of the road, whatever. But not on a public school. That's not a place for religious articles to be sitting that big, especially by the flagpole. The irony in that little scene is pretty funny. Seperation of church and state... cross right next to the flagpole. Next thing you know, they're gonna be shocked when the real life attentionwhores (goth kids) draw pentagrams on it. Hey, they got no other purpose in their lives, and you set yourself up for it.

If it causes problems with a kid education because they're gonna bitch about it, much like I'm doing for fun, but they're trying to be serious about it, then that's even MORE reason for it to go.