00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tang-tations just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

not a serious question

1,043 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

not a serious question 2003-10-28 22:02:27

how long have most of you people been a member of this sight... i mean i c peole on level 22 and i wonder if they stay on this sight 24/7...

Response to not a serious question 2003-10-28 22:07:03

At 10/28/03 10:02 PM, BGAbasketball wrote: how long have most of you people been a member of this sight... i mean i c peole on level 22 and i wonder if they stay on this sight 24/7...

Leveling up only requires 5 votes a day. The way you get to a high level is coming to the site often. You can be level 25 or something and only actually be ON newgrounds for 5 minutes a day, but as long as you keep coming back and depositing your 10 exp every day, you will level up.

You can only get 10 experience a day, and you get it by voting on 5 movies and clicking on the deposit link. This is what all high leveled people have done, they have just been doing it for a longer time. (There were other systems like referrals for sign-ups, movie referrals and such things, but they were removed due to abuse. The main way anyone got experience was voting.)

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to not a serious question 2003-10-28 22:10:54

yea but i saw 1 guy that was on level 11 and had 11 crappy entries banned and 20 entries saved how is that...

Response to not a serious question 2003-10-28 22:14:13

At 10/28/03 10:10 PM, BGAbasketball wrote: yea but i saw 1 guy that was on level 11 and had 11 crappy entries banned and 20 entries saved how is that...

that has nothing to do with level. thats for Save/Protect rank. and speaking of which, I just got on the safety patrol. :D I'm so happy

Response to not a serious question 2003-10-30 04:06:08

At 10/28/03 10:10 PM, BGAbasketball wrote: yea but i saw 1 guy that was on level 11 and had 11 crappy entries banned and 20 entries saved how is that...

Why would you have to, as you put it, "stay on this sight 24/7..." to get 11 blams and 20 saves?

Like Joe said, it takes a couple minutes every 24 hours to get your 10 exp for the day. The amount of time it takes to get blams and saves can vary, because it depends on what time of day you're trying to get them, how busy the portal is in terms of movies coming in, how busy the portal is in terms of other people voting on new movies, what day of the week it is... etc. etc. etc.

But for 31 b/p points? That doesn't take more than a few hours at most during normal times on the portal.

But I believe your question was more to how long high level users tend to be on the site. The users on the top 50 exp list (click the Users link at the top of any NG page) have been on NG for at least 2-3 years. There are many people who've been on NG for that long or longer (like myself) who AREN'T on that list, though, and that's because they didn't do their daily exp depositing job well enough.

Those that did are on that list.

Additionally, blam/protect wise, from that list, click the top 50 saviors/blammers link and you'll see the top 50 people who save/blam a lot of movies, like a lot of people on this forum (and indeed, the list includes about 10 people or more who post regularly here).

I only started getting blams and protects in January, so... it took about 10 months to get 19,500 points.

Getting 1,000 points per month isn't very hard. Heck, one very SPECIAL user (he's a robot, though) gets 1,000 per week every now and then. heh. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to not a serious question 2003-10-31 18:18:11

It just depends on how many movies under judgement youve voted on. If you vote 0-1 and the movie is Blammed, you get a Blam point. If you vote 2-5 and the movie is protected, you get a protection point. Those have nothing to do what level ur on.