00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fluffymofo808 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2

3,262 Views | 18 Replies

Yeah, that's right. There's a two there. It's mostly because there's already been a Close Encounters of the BBS Kind thread, so I figured I'd make another one because this time, what I'm talking about isn't really relevant to what I said the first time. However, I did meet up with the same Newgrounds BBS user. It's just that this time, he got to meet a lot more...

It all started yesterday at around 1 o' clock. Our plan was to meet in a little coffee shop called Blenz and there, me and my friend, Stasia (who's known as TearDropped on the BBS) patiently waited for Konrad (LegomanClock) to show. Me and LegomanClock had met once before a few months ago when he was still known as Painbringer so this was really nothing new. It's just that we were meeting up with him because his birthday was actually two days ago. As if that wasn't enough, Stasia's birthday is actually today. Anyways, long story short, we were trying to celebrate Konrad's birthday as well as keep Stasia away from her house long enough for all her friends to set up a surprise birthday party for her. It all sounds simple but it turned out to be one of the most interesting days I've had in a long time.

LegomanClock showed up right on time and from there, we made our way to a local mall known as Metrotown. Me and Konrad split off from the girls (Stasia, and one of her friends, Madelaine, who was tagging along with us) and went into a video arcade to go play House Of The Dead 2. After almost beating the game, we made our way up to Surrey in order to check out Konrad's future home. We met up with the girls again, and by now, it was exactly the right time for the surprise party to begin. Me and Konrad called ahead to her house, and everything was set. Stasia never saw it coming.

After screwing around for a bit at her house with all her friends (in the least sexual way possible; I'm just as disappointed as you are), we all headed up to some skating rink where me and all of Stasia's friends had to volunteer for the night. I ended up getting Konrad to help us distribute flyers, while I ran some stupid stand where you could put your name in a draw to win a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. Things went fairly well there, and after that, we headed back in the direction of TearDropped's house.

On the way there, however, we came across a shopping cart in the middle of a park. Being the stupid kids we were, jumping into the cart and speeding around like a couple of maniacs seemed like a great idea. That was definitely one of those you-had-to-be-there moments. We even got LegomanClock to sit inside the cart and we even have some pictures of both of us just acting stupid and having a great time. I swear, I've never flown that far in my life. Damn cart flipped over.

When we finally made our way back to TearDropped's place, it was already getting late. We had some cake (for both birthdays, I suppose), and broke out an old karaoke machine that actually turned out to be from the Philippines. Not a single song was in English! Made things more interesting anyways. And to finish off the night, we even took a picture of all the people there who visit the Newgrounds BBS. We just have to wait for it to get developed. The people in the shot are biteme2514 (me, obviously), LegomanClock, TearDropped and a good friend of ours, batmans_sidekick. Once we get all those pictures developed, we'll be reviving this thread to post them all here.

So yeah, sorry about wasting all your time by posting this, but it's just the most fun we've had in a really long time. And you say us regulars on the BBS have no lives. Shame on you. You all know who you are...

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 14:43:52

Lol aint it the truth. fuck the ppl who say we dont have lives! hehehe =p

But that whole night day party thing sounded shitty and boring (unless you left out some stuff..).

The only part that sounded interesting is when you did the CKY stunts with the shopping carts..WHY COULDN'T I BE THERE?!?!..oh btw Biteme where do you live?

But at least you had fun.

"It's sad. All these kids have to do school at home. Homeschooling. How long until a teacher fucks one of her students?" - Mark Normand

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 14:45:56

I'm glad to see somebody on this BBS with good news for a change. =)

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 15:02:11

i'd do something like that but not enough of the regulars smoke weed.

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 15:11:25

At 10/5/03 03:02 PM, PyROmAnIAc30 wrote: i'd do something like that but not enough of the regulars smoke weed.

psst, hey man, i just got an apartment and thats all i did this weekend with my freinds and room mate

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 15:13:18

cute story!

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 15:16:44

At 10/5/03 03:11 PM, Pilsner_Urquell wrote:
At 10/5/03 03:02 PM, PyROmAnIAc30 wrote: i'd do something like that but not enough of the regulars smoke weed.
psst, hey man, i just got an apartment and thats all i did this weekend with my freinds and room mate

Tents suck,use a shed or a car,but an interesting Place

spice runs the universe, faggot

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 15:25:07

At 10/5/03 03:16 PM, Scarface187 wrote: Tents suck,use a shed or a car,but an interesting Place

yeah that was a long weekend last year right there, i haven't gotten any pics of my place, but the living room is funny, cuz we have this couch that has stupid designs on it, and 2 comfy chairs, and a pull out sofa for guests,
then on the wall theres a poster of a skull as a mountain in the see, and its only half a skull and its like made out of stone? and theres a castle right where the brain would be!
and at the bottom theres the grim reaper riding on a horse on the beach

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 16:53:02

Sounds like some cool fun.

I can't wait for those pictures.

I've got Photoshop now.

Hehehe....

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 17:13:43

At 10/5/03 02:43 PM, 7426001 wrote: Lol aint it the truth. fuck the ppl who say we dont have lives! hehehe =p

I still plan on meeting more users. Maybe someday we should have a NG convention somewhere in south western part of BC.

But that whole night day party thing sounded shitty and boring (unless you left out some stuff..).

Well, he left out some of the craziness of TD's house and on the streets. At TD's there was some fighting and throwing stuff at each other, plus one of the young guys was singing some forein song very well and it was quite funny actually. In the streets the girls were goofing around, yelling things out, and one of them yelled out "Erectile difficulties!" to some strangers far away. Also one of the guys was goofing around on the road - Sort of.
Now this may still sound shitty to you, but thats because you haven't experienced the mentality of the place - Hell, I think it beats sitting around and getting drunk at one place. It also brings back memories of some asian guy's parties back in the '90s.

The only part that sounded interesting is when you did the CKY stunts with the shopping carts.

That was only a few minutes at night between places when we did that.

WHY COULDN'T I BE THERE?!?!

For one thing, I never posted an invitation in General.
..oh btw Biteme where do you live?
The big question is where do YOU live? Biteme has his town and province in his profile, you don't.

But at least you had fun.

Hell yeah!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 18:23:05

At 10/5/03 03:11 PM, Pilsner_Urquell wrote:

hahaha you stinky bastard i need to get my own place by the time im 18 or im gonna go mad because of my anti stoner parents. i have to be so careful its not even funny.

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 18:27:24

At 10/5/03 06:23 PM, PyROmAnIAc30 wrote: hahaha you stinky bastard i need to get my own place by the time im 18 or im gonna go mad because of my anti stoner parents. i have to be so careful its not even funny.

well wheres keswick? do you know how far away from guelph it is?
you could come over if you could get here, we got lots of video games
like a whole fuck load, my fav games on gc right now is pikmin, haha it looks stupid i thought, then i tried it and it was fucking awesome!
we also have a pull out couch so if you wanted to crash you could too.
hey add me on msn if you have it 'eh?
Primus_Frog@hotmail.com

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 18:39:37

if you drove I got these directions to guelph

if you can drive, and feel like driving for like an hour and a half lol
Keswick, ON
To:
Guelph, ON
Directions Distance
1: Depart on Local road(s) (South) 0.1 km
2: Bear RIGHT (West) onto RR-19 [Green Ln E] 0.9 km
3: Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto HWY-404 1.9 km
4: Keep RIGHT onto Ramp 0.6 km
5: Turn RIGHT (West) onto RR-31 [Davis Dr] 4.8 km
6: Road name changes to HWY-9 50.3 km
7: Turn LEFT (East) onto HWY-10 [HWY-24] 9.2 km
8: Turn RIGHT (South-West) onto HWY-24 [RR-24] 13.5 km
9: Turn RIGHT (South) onto HWY-24 [Wellington Rd] 2.8 km
10: Road name changes to HWY-86 [HWY-25] 6.8 km
11: Road name changes to HWY-24 19.4 km
12: Arrive 0.0 km

Total Distance: 110.8 km
Estimated Time: 1 hours and 24 minutes

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 21:23:42

what, ONTARIO? WTF?! You guys need to make a REAL road trip down to the Crossroads. Memphis, fewels. No point in meeting up the same old same old, is there?

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 21:29:10

Thats really cool man. Maybe me and you need to meet up. That would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 21:33:34

At 10/5/03 06:27 PM, Pilsner_Urquell wrote: you could come over if you could get here

Ah, the power of weed. Bringing strangers together.

I find that rather amusing...

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-05 21:58:17

ok, chris and i have it all figured out, first i'm going up north to canadia, kidnapping SOAS, snaz, ben, konrad, teardropped, and batman's sidekick. then we're going back to NY where i'll find tanner, kidnap him, then off to NYC and get all the NG users who live there, like ryan..then off to pen. where we're going to admin-nap wade and tom, and bedn. from there we will go to wade's house, make his wife make us food then go to someplace else and do some shit...muahahaha...so how many people do you think can fit in the MAL mobile?

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-12 02:40:25

yeah, that was a memorable night. and i was one of the main characters! weee!!! we had alot of fun. and some of the songs were in english, you just had to look for them... we should ave a convention. that'd be interesting. and i did see it coming. so there.

Response to Close Encounters of the BBS Kind 2 2003-10-12 02:43:53

i have no life, wow u can remeber daily events well

Like pears in rain.