00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xomberus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Expertise Residence

89,588 Views | 1,973 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-29 10:58:00

At 11/29/05 03:04 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Oh yeah i know your talking about i was the first to have 10,000 in all 5 stats i have since forgot about it, im still waiting for someone to join me there...

The first to have 10k reviews as well. That is an excellent acheivement to have first to get all 5 10k.

Kwass
Jonthomson

If KWAS posting more often and jon comes back to NG reviewing a hell lot, then I could see both of them reaching pentalist. Me, I should try and review more and I could be pentalisted as well. Oh, and don't forget X-Naut.

At 11/29/05 03:27 AM, PadmeSkywalker wrote: Why yes, yes I do ^_^ I think it's the best game on the face of the earth. I also love all the cool features and other little games you can play on DDR EXTREME ^_^ Enough about DDR. I'm changing my AURA.

Changing name, eh? Why don't I do that? Wait, I'll hold on until my main account reaches 10000 posts, then my alt will take the Bahamut7 alias for a while, while this main one has Fucking_Idiot.

At 11/29/05 09:27 AM, Frostbreath wrote: Well would you look at that. He's got a new sig. Yeah, it's way better than his previous ones. Nice :)

That Hypnotize sig was still good. The W's, I just did that on Paint and try and beat pox for fun. Unfortunately, I couldn't beat him.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-29 12:01:56

At 11/29/05 09:07 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: And yeah guys I'm back sort of... still not in full force, but I'll be posting a bit

Shit, I didn't notice you posted thdere. :| Anyway, nice to see you post again. I was wondering today if you were ever going to return to the BBS. I'm happy to see your name here again. BTW, I noticed you were back by looking at another post of yours in another thread. :S

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-29 12:47:24

At 11/29/05 12:19 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: But yeah, I've actually read all the posts in here since I left as well as all the other crews I was involved in.

Ah, that's good. I thought you weren't going to check those posts. Hmm, Sanjay did the _____ name, but has returned. You've returned and FBIpolux returned when he used the ____ name as well. I don't think Nephthys will return, though.

I guess I'll welcome quisty/ddrperson/padameskywalker and wizardman... nice to see you guys around here.

Well, Padmeskywalker should be Quisty. Quisty should still be known as Quisty. :P

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-29 12:48:00

At 11/29/05 10:58 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: That Hypnotize sig was still good. The W's, I just did that on Paint and try and beat pox for fun. Unfortunately, I couldn't beat him.

At least you finished second, there were lots of other people who had a sig like that(-liam- for example, though he failed miserably with his pixels). Oh, and that reminds me, i didn't email you for an extra W. I did email Pox, though, adding to his victory. OMG!

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-29 14:50:18

At 11/29/05 12:48 PM, Frostbreath wrote: At least you finished second, there were lots of other people who had a sig like that(-liam- for example, though he failed miserably with his pixels).

Akula's pixels, they were too hard to know how much pixels there were. :(

At 11/29/05 01:14 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: the general isn't worth looking at anymore so I'm probably done with it. Its just annoying the hell out of me with its repetition.

The General forum, it's starting to get less interesting for me. :| I feel that the destroy button has kinda taken away some fun. Other than that, people that made me laugh such as Mopsicle and ron aren't on the BBS anymore. Damn, we need those funny people back.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-29 18:25:38

At 11/29/05 02:50 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: The General forum, it's starting to get less interesting for me. :|

Hmmm yeah. It has been that way all the time though, and now with some new moderators who has begun to change their former self... oh well it is just a mess in my opinion.

And yes, the "Destroy" button has really made it all much worse... moderators ban everyone in the thread they do not believe follows the rules or does not please their intrest.

And even though you have made a good and intelligent post that will bring the thread back on a good subject, you will suffer the same penalty as those who deserve it.

And it does not seem like bans and other sentences are prejudicates anymore.

Just look at the demoderation of Slightly_Crazy_Dude... if we would take his demoderation as a prejudication, then more moderators would leave their title.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-29 20:50:59

Who's this gumOnShoe character?
*pun*

________

General forum has always been a bore for me, ever since I've recieved two bans in a row from "destroy" there. Not worth the chance.

I find it much more entertaining to glance through Politics, to see idiot liberals and conservatives alike saying things like,
"Why are liberals so stupid?"

General just doesn't have the charm of old.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 01:46:54

At 11/29/05 02:50 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: Akula's pixels, they were too hard to know how much pixels there were. :(

Oh, right. -liam- had luffs.

At 11/29/05 02:50 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: The General forum, it's starting to get less interesting for me. :| I feel that the destroy button has kinda taken away some fun. Other than that, people that made me laugh such as Mopsicle and ron aren't on the BBS anymore. Damn, we need those funny people back.

I think the General forum is alright actually. It's true, you're all right on that point, it isn't what it used to be. But very now and then an interesting topic hows up that makes you post. And then we have these small topics about some general subject, that can do posting in them. It's also quite interesting to see other peoples responses, especially from people with some sense. Take the ''What doesn't cause cancer'' topic. Some users were boring and replied most of the times ''cancer does not cause cancer'' or ''AIDS doesn't....'' etc. But then there's one guy who says garlic, which is a very intelligent answer.

Let's just say i like the mixture of people.

At 11/29/05 06:25 PM, Andersson wrote: And yes, the "Destroy" button has really made it all much worse... moderators ban everyone in the thread they do not believe follows the rules or does not please their intrest.

It doessn't seem to happen very often to me any more, yet i still post in as many topics as i did the first time i got struck by the tool.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 10:54:39

At 11/29/05 06:25 PM, Andersson wrote: And yes, the "Destroy" button has really made it all much worse... moderators ban everyone in the thread they do not believe follows the rules or does not please their intrest.

Like that vagina movie game, although everyone got banned for just 1 day and 3 days for topic starter. Still, that had good humour in it. As I've read from people, mods have no sense of humour, except for some.

The latest funny thread I know is the koreaman emo thread.

Oh, right. -liam- had luffs.

Yep, but he did add around five <3s when he started, though. I started with one W just for a start.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 12:41:57

Hmmm, did anyone check out this thread by the way?

It started after I mentioned "penisstar" in my second post in this thread.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 12:46:27

gunOnShoe is like a piece of gum... on your shoe. Always sticking to the you no matter how hard tries to get away.

At 11/30/05 12:41 PM, Andersson wrote: Hmmm, did anyone check out this thread by the way?

It started after I mentioned "penisstar" in my second post in this thread.

Wow, the one thread I picked out to read from General today.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 14:59:53

At 11/30/05 12:26 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: Nomader... you've never liked the general section as long as I can remember...

Look through my posts, and you shall see that during my n00bish state, for about two weeks or so, I posted there a few times... oh the days...

and its not the bans that bother me, but if you stare at it long enough you'll notice its all the same... hence my one thread that I made yesterday...

What do you expect? People that post...
I raped teh grl!!111
Will get more attention then...
The Solar System sprouted from the big bang, caused by...

Imagine the General section as a group of... idiots hanging out together. Anything intelligent, and they laugh at it. So, they post the same ol' crap, all the time.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 15:13:31

At 11/30/05 12:46 PM, Wylo wrote: Wow, the one thread I picked out to read from General today.

Hehe, well you got to make something about the General forum section, hence the poetry competition...

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 15:23:05

Out of curiousity Andersson, is there any specific reason why you only have three commisions listed on your site, Newgundergrounds? And is there any reason why nobody's ever on your chat there?

Had to ask...

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 15:53:20

At 11/30/05 03:13 PM, Andersson wrote: Hehe, well you got to make something about the General forum section, hence the poetry competition...

Well, I was away and the only new post I saw was from Maus. At least she locked the locked, because from what I could see there, I sense someone being an attention whore. But at least there's a mention that naojason is penisstar.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 15:59:43

At 11/30/05 02:59 PM, Nomader wrote: Look through my posts, and you shall see that during my n00bish state...

Posts sure are funny sometimes...

1 2 3 4 5 6.

Your new sig awaits! :p

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 16:44:18

At 11/30/05 03:59 PM, -absentminded- wrote:
At 11/30/05 02:59 PM, Nomader wrote: Look through my posts, and you shall see that during my n00bish state...

Didn't work.

It was 45kb or whatever it is - the limit is 40. I tried, but it did not work...

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 16:54:56

At 11/30/05 03:23 PM, Nomader wrote: Out of curiousity Andersson, is there any specific reason why you only have three commisions listed on your site, Newgundergrounds? And is there any reason why nobody's ever on your chat there?

Hehe, actually none of the members got time for that as it is now. It's just old me and Bahamut7 randomly tracking spam and stuff all days long... =)

And yeah, we have made more than just that. But we never felt like moving it to a further stadium as none got time for it. So the site is out of date. =P

At 11/30/05 03:59 PM, -absentminded- wrote: Posts sure are funny sometimes...

Oh, my, God. 8O

Damn, and the thing is, I remember when I wrote that post. XD

Hahahahahaha. And as I remember my first posts, I recon that I have made posts much worse than that. =P

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 17:36:12

At 11/30/05 04:30 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Heads up b/p people

Hmm, I don't think that's going to get a huge following, but maybe a few submissions from flash fourm regs and people who just want to join in really quick.

At 11/30/05 04:44 PM, Nomader wrote: It was 45kb or whatever it is - the limit is 40. I tried, but it did not work...

The fact that you were really going to use one of those sigs is pretty funny ;) Well, feel free to use on the compressed images.

At 11/30/05 04:54 PM, Andersson wrote: Hahahahahaha. And as I remember my first posts, I recon that I have made posts much worse than that. =P

We have all made lots of silly posts, especially when you first start posting, but I just browsed a few early ones for each person and found a line that I liked :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 18:24:25

Alright Ive got a question for the Newgrounds Expertise Residence.

When would be the best time to submit something that your not 100% sure will pass.
In other words what is the best time to submit something to achieve the highest score possible?

In your own opinions and say why/why not.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 18:29:41

At 11/30/05 06:24 PM, major_punk wrote: In your own opinions and say why/why not.

Well, I definitly am not the most experienced person to ask on this matter, but I'll give it a shot.

If I were you, I'd submit it really late on a weeknight. Say, 3AM. However, I highly reccomend making other flash beforehand. As one Turd of the Week author once responded to me:

Mass Voting is not feasable. Newgrounds users are stupid by nature, they see 5 authors with many entries and WOAH vote 5 for protection points.

The higher level B/P users realize this, and they too vote 5 because the anonymous mass of stupid voters contributes enough on its own to pass a movie. Combined with the higher VP of the serious B/Pers, the movie passes with a good score, in this case 2.1.

And is logic has some sense to it.

---------

But, my personal opinion is to submit it at 3AM.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 18:31:11

Denvish day should be great.

At 11/30/05 05:36 PM, -absentminded- wrote: We have all made lots of silly posts, especially when you first start posting, but I just browsed a few early ones for each person and found a line that I liked :)

Well, some of those were funny, not mine so much. I can't really remember where I posted that, but I remember writing it. Wasn't much of a newbie when I started posting. :/

At 11/30/05 06:24 PM, major_punk wrote: When would be the best time to submit something that your not 100% sure will pass.
In other words what is the best time to submit something to achieve the highest score possible?

I don't support using strategies to get the highest score but I would have to say, submit it on Clock Day and make the name something like "Happy Clokday"

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-11-30 18:31:44

At 11/30/05 06:24 PM, major_punk wrote: Alright Ive got a question for the Newgrounds Expertise Residence.

When would be the best time to submit something that your not 100% sure will pass.

In your own opinions and say why/why not.

August 15 :)

But seriously, if you're not sure if the flash will pass, you should try improving upon it until you are satisfied. Make sure it has a good introduction, condsidering that's the part most people only watch. I can't really say how submitting at a certain time of day would really affect the score too much. It really depends on the people who are voting on the movie for the most part. So submit it whenever toocool is online.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-12-01 11:33:07

At 11/30/05 09:36 PM, dsmking wrote: The fastest I got my chocobo was over 200 in speed and 9999 stamina. How?

Ah, I didn't know that. I must try and do that when I buy FFVII. I guess forget playing throughout the game and start with these chocobos speeds and stamina.

At 11/30/05 03:59 PM, Afro_minded wrote: 2

ZOMFG, I MANAGED TO GET MY PPD TO 2!

You already made me a sig. I think that sig should wait for another time. Just not right now.

Sunday 4th December or Monday 5th December. That'll be fun. That and myself levelling up. Those will be two exciting days.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-12-01 12:24:53

At 12/1/05 12:21 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: An early congratulations on the leveling up... tis going to be odd seeing you with a different icon... one of the weapons finally

Thanks, but I'd rather appreciate it when you congrat me after I get the level up. It shouldn't take too long to get used to me with the new level, especially I spend less time levelling up than a lot of other people who are higher than me.

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-12-01 13:08:24

Im back i was just on a doubleshift spanned 2 days and im tired, and i missed a deposit sigh, oh well im back now, have i missed anything important??

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-12-01 14:14:12

At 12/1/05 01:08 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Have I missed anything important??

You might want to take a look at this and this. =)

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-12-01 14:17:18

At 12/1/05 02:14 PM, Andersson wrote:
At 12/1/05 01:08 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Have I missed anything important??
You might want to take a look at this and this. =)

But other than that, nah. Nothing too much, except there's now the christmas NG tank logo, which I am very happy to see. :) I just hope I get my request made in the Profile Pic Makers, but looking at the newest posts there, no-one seems to be getting these requests done. :S

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-12-01 14:25:36

At 12/1/05 02:17 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: But other than that, nah. Nothing too much, except there's now the christmas NG tank logo, which I am very happy to see. :)

Yes, it gets you in a good mood, I mean... An even better mood. Haha. Always happy, ey? =)

I just hope I get my request made in the Profile Pic Makers, but looking at the newest posts there, no-one seems to be getting these requests done. :S

Hehe, maybe for Christmas. ;-)

Response to Newgrounds Expertise Residence 2005-12-01 15:13:05

Sorry padme i dont even know who you are, di you even join the club??

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature