00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MX#04 Alpha

2,258 Views | 21 Replies

MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 02:08:52

Miracle Explosion #04 comes out later tonight (12-15) unless I find out my music man has fucked me over. The NG Crew has been too busy to put up new alphas so here I shall post what I submitted for the few of you that wish to read it.

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 02:10:41

What is the story behind your latest creation?
I guess I should start by discussing the storyline of the entire Miracle Explosion series. There lives a man named Hugo in Triton City. He has delusions of grandeur. He beleives he is a superhero and the sworn protector of a toaster he affectionately calls Ned. His life changes one night when odd creatures break into his home. He assumes they are after Ned and attempts to protect him. He is saved by the last of the Squirrel Warriors. From here, the story revolves around Hugo trying to keep Ned out of the hands of these creatures and the forces they work for. Episode #04 will be the longest episode yet. The Nameless One (the squirrel) does battle with a new foe who is more powerful than he. Hugo, Ned, and a gal named Melinee travel through space-time as they try to escape Triton City. Meanwhile, the dark forces of the city initiate an operation that will turn the nightmares of children against our heroes. The episode is, of course to be continued after the 5-8 minutes are through.

How long have you been working on it, and when do you expect to finish?
To those that follow MX, it would seem that I have been working on it for six months. It is actually supposed to be finished and online now. Unfortunately, production was delayed about four months due to various reasons I needn't get into here. So, actually I have been working on it off and on for two months now. I only really started working on it steadily within the last month. Unless I lose my arms or something equally shitty occurs, it will be ready before the end of the year.

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 02:15:04

Do you feel that this is better than your previous work? If so, why?
I hope so. I think each installment has improved upon the one before in some fashion. I'm taking a lot more chances and trying a few things I didn't before in this one. Hell, it best be better if it is going to come out four months late.

Do you feel that this is doing something that no one has done? What have you tried to do to make your creation different?
There isn't really anything that hasn't been done. I think the series as a whole is a nice melange of various differing components with a splash of my own style twisted by my vision into something at least mildly unique. Then throw in some surreality, absurdity, and loads of (sometimes subtle) sarcasm. I haven't seen all too many animations that revolve around kitchen appliances or warrior rodents.

What is your fixation with toasters?
If you have to ask, there is no sense in telling you.

What has given you the most difficulty during the development process of your new creation?
Time constraints and primarily my lack of patience. I always get these enormous visions and then try to create them with a quarter of the resources necessary in a tenth of the time needed. I'm trying to take my time when I need to, but still have this bastard birthed by Christmas. At least I have someone doing the music for me this time around so that is one less burden on my back. This also means the music may actually be good this time.

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 02:18:35

Have you learned new Flash techniques from making this, and how do you intend to use them in future works?
I've been teaching myself some more actionscripting. I use it in a few places. I also want to make a game of the series eventually. Every time I use flash, I get a little more proficient...little things that aren't worth mentioning, but make a big difference in the end product.

Will you ever make an AYB or 9/11 movie?
I certainly hope not.

Who would make the best president?
Screw president. I vote Gilbert Gottfried for GOD!

When will you finally finish this damn series so we don't have to hear you whore it anymore? What happened to the bear in part #01?
I will probably never finish it because it is too epic. Hopefully, I can tell the story in 20 or so episodes. I hope that I finish them all. I know most of the ending and it should be the most fun part to do. The "Head-Kissing Back-Scratching Butt-Scratching Bear" is Hugo's favorite TV series. He'll be back. Dontcha worry. He may appear in Episode#05 as a daydream.

How long have you been using Flash?
Let's see, it'll be about two years once this episode is finished. It's funny how quickly one can become comfortable with that program. It seems like ages ago when I was still confused by the symbol process, but now I could run this baby in my sleep underwater with a Dreamcast controller in one hand. huh?

What inspired you to learn Flash?
Even when I was a kid and I thought I wanted to be a fireman or an astronaut or whatever, deep down I always knew I really wanted to be a storyteller. Comics and animation have been the focus of my life and I have been drawing and making stories longer than I can remember. Flash was one of the main reasons I finally broke down and bought a computer. I could finally do what I had been wanting to do my whole life.

What do you like best about Flash?
It lets me make animation for almost no cost by my own rules telling my own stories and it makes it damn easy to do so.

What else do you enjoy doing for fun?
Harassing children, lecherous staring, impersonating authority figures, etting old, making bag lunches.
Besides that, I do short video work when I can (short movies, documentaries), read a lot of comics, work on my own comics, neglect my girlfriend, watch DBZ, play RPG and sim video games, curse excessively, avoid cleaning my bathroom, maintain my website, ride my new kickass 20" Huffy bicycle, compete with my irascible friends in tennis, and so on and on. blah blah blah.....

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 02:40:29

At 12/15/01 02:18 AM, fourchinnigan wrote:
blah blah blah.....

inturtain me NOW!!!!!!!1
Sorry,a tad tipsy but not much sleep will be had till the intercou..
errr...
d0ne watching da mx4...

*still holds breath for the cafexpress inflatable chinny dolls*

At 1/16/09 06:14 AM, Jonas wrote:

: Altr remains the only reason the BBS is here. It waits for him to post, and cries when he ignores it's unlubed asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 02:41:04

You can see a 50 second teaser and a few snippets of the animation here.

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 02:45:19

At 12/15/01 02:40 AM, _altr_ wrote: inturtain me NOW!!!!!!!1

All I'm waiting on is the music. Other than that, all I have to do is add a few more sound effects and upload everything here and to my site.

Currently it is clocking in at 2.5 Megs. I expect it to be 3 when complete. Nearly 7 minutes long. The preloader has bios and a plot synopsis to mildly entertain while the movie downloads.

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 02:56:26

At 12/15/01 02:53 AM, traekwon wrote: frick the TEASER, GIMME the MOVIE, dammit

As long as bad things do not happen, you will have it in less than 24 hours.

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 03:01:36

Chinny, you are the second coming. I need this new movie. Expectations are high, but you can pull through...

See my comics, updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

http://www.toonhole.com

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 03:07:47

At 12/15/01 03:01 AM, Icarus32 wrote: Expectations are high, but you can pull through...

I hope I don't let you bitches down. I had to cut a lot of corners. Also, I hope you have a fast computer b/c this one seems to like to devour resources.

Here's the last screenshot available.

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 03:13:57

At 12/15/01 02:45 AM, fourchinnigan wrote:
All I'm waiting on is the music.

I g@r0nt33333 da music person will be singing a "certain song" if I gotta wait 24 hrs 1 sec.
Haven't picked out da song but it'll go along with certaint fractors of certait family jewels and um..
stuff...
*needs to pass out now*
**fl0p**

At 1/16/09 06:14 AM, Jonas wrote:

: Altr remains the only reason the BBS is here. It waits for him to post, and cries when he ignores it's unlubed asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 03:29:45

HaQnSPITT is a great gal.

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-15 23:51:35

It is nearly ready.
Only a few more hours.

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-16 03:20:34

At 12/15/01 03:07 AM, fourchinnigan wrote: I hope I don't let you bitches down. I had to cut a lot of corners. Also, I hope you have a fast computer b/c this one seems to like to devour resources.

Crap. I'll have to watch it on medium quality maybe. I dunno. I'll have to deal with what I got. Maybe MX#04 is incentive to buy a new computer? Quite possibly...

Here's the last screenshot available.

GOO! Looks so good.

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-16 16:27:11

At 12/16/01 03:20 AM, Icarus32 wrote: Crap. I'll have to watch it on medium quality maybe.

Actually, it doesn't look too bad in low quality. Kind of surprised me.

MX#04 Alpha

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2001-12-16 16:31:21

At 12/16/01 04:27 PM, fourchinnigan wrote: Actually, it doesn't look too bad in low quality. Kind of surprised me.

I'm on my way to watch it now. I'll report back in a while.

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2002-04-08 21:23:55

Wow!
I forgot this topic existed.

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2002-12-24 14:34:07

At 4/8/02 09:23 PM, fourchinnigan wrote: Wow!

ROFFEL

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2002-12-24 14:40:20

At 12/24/02 02:34 PM, Shrapnel wrote:
ROFFEL

What's with the reviving old topics?

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2003-03-20 08:04:34

At 12/24/02 02:40 PM, MagicalMusicalMonkey wrote:
At 12/24/02 02:34 PM, Shrapnel wrote:
ROFFEL

Why not? It is fine, especially if it is by an author, and if it is a really good piece of work.

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2003-03-20 09:27:50

Chinny-
I know you just recently released episode 6...
when is episode 7 supposed to come out?

Response to MX#04 Alpha 2003-03-20 09:38:46

At 3/20/03 08:04 AM, RyanAn wrote:
Why not? It is fine, especially if it is by an author, and if it is a really good piece of work.

Ryan

i don't like the fact you did this

BBS Signature