00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mtcowboy462 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

sprite movies = SUCK

5,559 Views | 101 Replies

sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:10:15

what the hell guys? who keeps voting up all the lame and retarded and no plot sprite movies? they are all the same with their "OMG mario is hurt... must save mario"... and i must have seen 5 sprite movies that sucked more than anything i've ever seen on newgrounds... and they have protected scores. I sometimes vote "2" for sprite movies just cuz i want the protect point... but damnit... these movies are pieces of shit and overrated. I wish my voting power was worth triple so i can blam these movies down 40%.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:13:22

they do start to get anoying...
"oh look ANOTHER megaman movie"!
I mean DAMN!.
some dont even bother to cut out the sprites properly.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:14:43

I just blammed about 3 a little bit ago and they were at 2.5ish.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:16:11

At 12/29/03 10:13 PM, Enoll wrote: they do start to get anoying...
"oh look ANOTHER megaman movie"!
I mean DAMN!.
some dont even bother to cut out the sprites properly.

It is getting out of hand, but for a while, NG has always been like this. Its nothing new. In all fairness though, When you find a good sprite movie like something from VGDC or Rob Foor, they can end up being some of the funniest things you'll ever see.

And, these ones DO take skill to animate.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:18:21

Its the collective fucktard newbie consciousness voting them up , Yoinkio. Sprite movies are extremely easy to make, but since its flashy looking and reminds diaperbabies of their videogame reality they vote high even though its retard shit.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:28:51

Current ones that are really pissing me off are Lugi's adventure 1 and Super Mario Adventures 1.

They think they can getting it through by making no or crappy adjustments whatsoever.

If anyone was to make a sprite movie, make it a good one, Not just "OMFG, MARIO DIED! VOTE 5!"

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:31:51

Easy ?
For those who dont take their time doing it.
I know u guys are beginning to hate them and i understand a bit why, some actually pass alot of time on them and they actually turn out great " Kung Fu"," Megaman Final battle" "etc" but some dont even take a week to do their flash "well, just alot of them".
Doesnt mean that all sprite movies suck.
U may consider it easy to do but its not as easy as stick movies and worst when u go deeper than just makign ur sprite move.
U can go dishing sprite movies just because alot of them are badly animated or have no common goal.
Some actually try to improve, but after 6 times the same shit in one serie u know its gonna be boring.
So if ur a sprite movie hater and u know ur about to click on a sprite movie, DONT review and DONT vote.
Ull prove ur smarter than u sound when u write bad reviews.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:33:54

whats the big deal , sprite movies are good. Links Quest for ass is better then like Foamy.

spice runs the universe, faggot

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:35:57

it doesn't really matter who makes the sprite movies... they all suck.. even the ones that shouldn't be in the top 50. They are all imports... how much effort in drawing is there when 99% of the movie is imports? it's lame and i think there should be more ways to raise voting powers a bit more... 10 newbies votin = the same vote as me... 5 newbies at level 2 = same vote as me...

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:41:17

They actually DONT all suck.
Just check in the vg parody of ng and ull see alot of funny ones.
Drawing ur own movie IS good, but do you even know how to draw well for it not to end up like another crappy skate stick movie ?
Or not import vidz and just do voice over ? "Sorry for the lowblow Knox"
Before saying that they all suck, take some time to see some of the greatest series, go see megaman " Polarity 1-2-3" and Kung-Fu, Troubles on angel island and specially Link's quest for ass.
And tell me honestly that u didnt like them.
Cause if u really dislike sprite movies, it kinda means that u hated the old skool video games.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:42:08

Who says sprite movies are easy to make? To do a 5 minute sprite movie, it takes about 12 hours or more! And if you want to add battles, you better tack on a few more hours. Yes some sprite movies do suck, I'll admit that. But there are some that are awesome! And who says that they have no plot? That's BS.

The plot in my movies are the reason so many people like my series. Heck, part 1 of my series ONLY HAD TEXT and it got over a 2.90! And this is NG, most people want killing, killing, and more killing. But I took a different approach and it seems to be working. My last two movies were in the blue! For a little while, they were over 4.00 but of course those sprite haters fuckin' vote low. But who cares? Who's got the awards?

Anyways, got to finish part 9. Even if it doesn't win an award this time, it will definately be in the blue section so ya can't miss it. Oh and watch out for Gold Crow's "Frog Trigger" that's sure to steal the spotlight in the near future.

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:46:44

Just because it's a sprite movie doesn't mean it sucks. I spent about 3 months making a a good number of smoothly animated battle sequences for my latest sprite movie, "Megaman Polarity 3." Yes, I used "imported" graphics, but quite frankly, some of us are not as blessed with artistic skills as others. Look at it, you have to admit at the very least that it took a lot of work and that it pays off in the end. You may not like it, but there ARE some sprite movies that aren't just "let's kill Mario" and the like.

I'm going to try my hand at non-sprite animation very soon, simply because I'm sick of the prejudice that all sprite movies get even if they are good. A sprite movie I liked that was really good was "Titanium Rhapsody" which had MM7 sprites singing Bohemian Rhapsody. It doesn't suck because it has sprites. It's funny because it's MM sprites singing a classic song.

Yet, some people just can't get past the fact that it's a sprite movie and automatically hate it. Open up your mind for once and consider the fact that there ARE some good sprite movies out there.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:48:51

They can be hard to make if you make an attemp.

So far I have spent 2 weeks on Super Mario Adventure 2 its taking up all my time and little annoying bitches on msn don't help.

Plus I just spent 1 hour extracting River City Ransom sprites in photoshop, I go to save, windows locks up.

They may not be as hard as drawings but when someone attemps a good one, thats when it gets hard.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:52:59

yah but you guys gotta admit, Clash of the Titans was a pretty good movie.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 22:56:54

What the hell? Everyones jumping on the "omg sprite movie must blam" bandwagon! Any sprite movie that has an award has an award because it deserved it. Of course theres those 5 second quick sprite movies, and those are the ones you want to hate, not the ones people work very hard on for many hours, trying to get that oh so precious award. You say ppl 5 it because its "omg Mario died" but I have seen such things in drawn flashes too "omg Foamy". The bottom line is, that you should hate those 5 second pieces of shit, not the hard worked ones.

Ignore this signature.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:03:56

At 12/29/03 10:56 PM, hoodboy1 wrote: What the hell? Everyones jumping on the "omg sprite movie must blam" bandwagon!

Good point, hoody. Just because someone says sprite movies suck, everyone has to jump on the bandwaggon. And you're right about the awards, I worked damn hard for these! And everyone else who has a sprite movie with an award has worked their ass off as well!

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:05:41

I've got this figured out.

Many sprite movies suck.
Some do not.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:09:40

All true guys, most of the sprite movies are all about the efforts and the time allowed to them.
If a person doesnt take time conceiving a story that actually makes sense, well, he's kinda screwed when the reviewers drop in.
Lets not name artists cause we wouldnt be better than those we flame their movies.

*cough*

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:19:41

YES!!!

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:21:15

what?

#1, sprite movies aren't funny at fucking all... the OMG i remember that game humor isn't funny.

#2, if you've checked the most recently uploaded to Newgrounds... there were about 5 of them pieces of shits that looked like good blam points... but they had scores over a 2.00 which is bullshit.

#3, i don't care how many times you have to type text for them to have convos... it's boring shit and 95% of the sprite movies on newgrounds should be permanently removed due to lameness, lack of effort, lack of quality, and lack of an actual plot.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:25:58

At 12/29/03 10:52 PM, Mojimbo wrote: yah but you guys gotta admit, Clash of the Titans was a pretty good movie.

true...true...
but hoe often does a sprite movie like that come along?
70% are just sprites meaninglessly fighting....
"now megaman/ken/zelda/mario you DIE!"
you can see where he's comming from.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:27:40

Heck why are u so angry at them, quite being such a baby and simply ignore them. No one asked you to vote on ALL of NG's incoming movies and ur here " Oh i hate sprite movies bla bla bla"
Heck, U may hate them but some ac tually like the effort placed in them. And also, its only cause its only straightminded guys like you hate flash movie that you have to say that ALL sprite movies suck. Its like saying " I dont like Perfect Kirby so ALL of the perfect kirby suck" dont u think that just being a retarded hater ? Cmon, ur smarter than that, right ?
Just drop the whole public hating thing ull be considered as an Eminem for sprite movies so what ?

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:30:35

At 12/29/03 11:25 PM, Enoll wrote::

true...true...
but hoe often does a sprite movie like that come along?
70% are just sprites meaninglessly fighting....
"now megaman/ken/zelda/mario you DIE!"
you can see where he's comming from.

Still no reason to generalise, gotta admit that this new generation of sprite animators usually post one or two movies and thats it but those who actually perform continue to sucess.
But u gotta understand that some only want to toy around with the vg univers.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:33:42

I'm suprised there isn't a topic about "Stick Movies = Suck". Then Xiao Xiao comes along...but still people hate on the sticks. It's a shame, really.

BBS Signature

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:38:34

generally the same argument can be used for most hated groups on Ng ...clocks...sprites...sticks...

it's the crappy ones that ruin it for the good ones...

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:39:13

??? the crappy ass sprite movies on NG are so overated nowadays that they get in the way of the "good" movies of getting portal awards. They are also quite annoying to watch based on what i've already said. Stick movies aren't so bad, most of them have actual drawing in them. I rather see a stick movie than a sprite movie.. and i am a guy who has over 2,000 reviews... over 11,000 blam/protect points... 9,258 exp points. So i've seen a lot of content and sprite movies are very bothersome and should be removed from newgrounds.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:40:09

Yes spirit movies tend to get on my nervs they take no talent to make and any newbie could make one .Its ok maybe for a first movie but if you make more then 5 thats kinda just sad.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:44:17

At 12/29/03 11:40 PM, sheldon911 wrote: Yes spirit movies tend to get on my nervs they take no talent to make and any newbie could make one .Its ok maybe for a first movie but if you make more then 5 thats kinda just sad.

Any newbie could make one? you make a good one then,better yet make A flash movie and then say how hard something is. And yes I know i havent made any flash movies but I tried a few time and gave up becuase im an idiot O.K

spice runs the universe, faggot

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:44:54

If it is a sprite movie like Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom, then I will give it a good score.

I just judge them the same as if they are flashes. If I like it I will try to protect it.

Response to sprite movies = SUCK 2003-12-29 23:50:27

Sprite Movies are just like Illwillpress movies, reused graphics except it probably took more effort to make a sprite movie

BBS Signature