You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
You may not use this work for commercial purposes without making specific arrangements with the artist.
Silk lines over metal riffage
This is my entry for the March/April MAC12
* The writing idea here was to combine riffs and leads, and let you choose which to listen to.
* Writing included alot of layering, my favorite afterall. Wrote 8 guitar parts layered into the chorus alone.
* In Post, I made sure each of the million parts could pop; some parts just a little.
* The recording process had some work too. Lots of mics, slight movements.
* I even magnet swapped the lead guitar mid-song for the most subtle effect that couldn't be bought with EQ.
* Yes...I tore open my guitar, removed a pickup, and swapped a part in it to carry on.
WELL, I've said too much already. Just go for it =]
....Solo at 2:20
Nice. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! Won't let you down
lead guitar/solos: 5 awsm.
sound: 5 alike studio quality!
composition: 4 I liked how did you interlace structures.
originality: 5 totally new.
heaviness: 3 neither so so nor what! what! but it has a lot of epicness.
Excellent thanks for the review!
Let the metal reign supreme for eternity!!!
THIS particular piece...is OMG WTF HAX epic! Very well balanced to my ears, I could not catch up on any clipping, the solo was jaw dropping awesome, and you mentioned 12 layers...INSANITY! You worked your ass off didn't you? As far as your HiHat's...they were a bit light, but could care less.
This piece was brutal, in a most beautiful way!
YES!! Wow thanks Shawn
It was really hard to keep the parts in check, and I really appreciate the comment
Vote#2 for hihat swap. I will look into it.
Good review!! (thanks again)
For the Win!!
from your PM
"The weak point of this track is the mixing. I know, its metal and all, but I can't help but to feel like "Oh my god! This could be so much more epic!" This is what separate good from best, and you are so close!!!"
Thanks man; believe it or not, there was alooot of mixing; just drums bass guitar, but layered up to 12 times, takes a bit to get them smoothed out.
But I def know what you are talking about. It takes sufficient betterment to be the best of the best and that's what I strive for! Thanks for the great review!
Also, thanks for PMing me so I could get your thoughts!
this is pretty damn awesome! loving how the leads n rhythms go together. well delivered, kickass composition with some really catchy riffs. great work, keep rocking \m/
Wow thanks so much!!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.