Reviews for "_-={Precious Seconds}=-_"

"You have three minutes and 33 seconds to change her death. Go."

It tells me of a man who sold his soul for a second chance to stop his greatest failure; being unable to stop his significant other from dying. I can see her... at the top of a skyscraper. He climbs up the stairs, starting from 3 floors down, just as he did the last time, and manages to reach her just before she jumps-- but he cannot stop her from jumping. A parachute is given to him by some unknown hand when he reaches the edge; he jumps at 2:08. Faster and faster they fall, as he quickly gains speed...he manages to get the parachute on her just before the song slows down again, and pulls the string. The last few high notes of the song are him falling, elated that he saved her even as she screams out above him, unable to get the parachute off...

He hits the ground at 3:16, dead, but with a smile on his face...

Good song.

MaestroRage responds:

a brilliant story zero9g9... I had never considered such a story for the piece, but it fits perfectly, and I find myself reliving the scene again and again.

It brings up many questions, like why the significant other is going to destroy herself, even though this man is willing to sell his very soul in trying to save her. It makes for an exciting world to live in. External forces like the loss of a child might have been enough to do it...

all in all I enjoyed reading it, and living in it, thank you kindly for the review. I'm glad you liked it! I apologize for the late response!

V ery well done!

I seldom give perfect ratings now that I have seen and heard a lot of submissions to NG. All the competition really set standards for me, but this one earned it. What I imagined when I heard this song is that a king was journeying home to his castle, and the closer he got, the more he hurried, and when he arrived, he saw his wife die. The song is truly beautiful, how slowly and subtly it climaxes, and how sadly it withers away. Congratulations MaestroRage, you have just earned yourself a loyal fan.

MaestroRage responds:

thank you SizXZIE666! It is an absolute horrible thing to experience, rushing home, to the place of solitude and comfort to be greeted by a dying loved one. It is better this way then to have her die without gazing one last time into the eyes of her significant other. I know for one, I would much rather her die in his arms, then her die alone.

I suppose, though more painful, healing begins sooner this way.

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

Precious Seconds...

The pieces click into place... time... has abandoned you.
It is something so easily wasted yet so impossible to accrue.
It gave you part of itself, from the moment you drew first breath,
but it is a thing you can not keep, and so it has brought you death.

You took your time and time takes back,
but in turn gives life anew.
The hands will clap, and the gears will clack,
but time will kill them, too.

Nothing so emotional as the thought of infinity... both comforting and unsettling.
This song has elements of both of those core feelings. If you have that, the raw essence of time's infinite power is apparent. It's hard to imagine infinity, but I think the art of music itself is so far beyond human kinds' complete understanding, that it may just be possible to represent it with music... very well done

MaestroRage responds:

I really really liked your second verse there GeL. Even the cold, dead metallic hands of the clock would be killed by time. Nothing, even something that never lived, would be destroyed and thus killed by time.

The last two lines of the first verse were also very deep in my eyes.

Music, I have always believed, has so many layers it can boggle the mind. Move it, entertain it, stimulate, and even corrode it. It is as you say, infinite.

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

Burden of the Clock

A man waits outside the room, making his endless pace across his undecided pattern. Knowing not the tortures his wife is going through. He lights up his thirty-third cigarette. The clock on the room plays with his mind... it tells him his worries and doesn't help satisfy his emotional pain. The tick of the sound begins to make him tick in his steps, as the steps and tick are in sync with each other it makes the man more worried as insane, his mind slips slowly. The doctor busts through the door and bears the news upon the man. Life has been born again, a miracle seen in a room of science. A baby girl. The man enters and sees his wife holding his new daughter. He holds his wife and gazes upon his new daughter; a tear falls from his eye with more in line. Happiness through tears is a favorite emotion, but the clock was unjust and will still be unjust, although the man does not know this yet.

Did you put the tick in there for every single second? Because that's what I'm hearing and that was the inspiration I got for the story you have read above. I do indeed wish for you to continue your superb work. The melodies and ticks of seconds showing no matter how the melodies change in your life, time will keep pressing onward.

MaestroRage responds:

What an excellent story TGO... truly the burden of the clock here is phenomenal. The clock is always there, through bad or good, through pain or pleasure, it always keeps going. It may only stop as a means of going on is refused it, but even if one clock stops, there is an infinite number more then keep going.

To be fair, this is not just a ticking of a clock, it is also dbl bass string slaps. Which gave my clock's tick a more "old school" flavor, which is what I wanted. I also did not record each tick, I recorded to be honest, like 10 seconds worth.

Cutting those seconds up, I then put them to play with the tempo in time.

I am glad you found it inspiring enough to write a story, thank you for that, and the review! I'm glad you liked it!

Amazing, as always

Another wonderful piece, Maestro. This one reminds me of the work of Jeremy Soule (Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind). The 60 bpm makes it very addictive. I'm especially fond of the music box-esque ending.