Reviews for "_-={Precious Seconds}=-_"

Very nice...

I loved this, it was very soothing and nice. Great quality, good job!

MaestroRage responds:

As was the intention, though there are also very subtle urgent emotions running through it, they are easily missed.

Amazing.

Woooooow. I'm speechless, too. Just... great. Please make more, maybe the world will need some.

MaestroRage responds:

the world needs plenty, and i'm doing my part hopefully :D!

If not, i'll just continue telling stories, to those who would care to listen.

i....you..... just D:

i am speechless....
you sir, are like mozart... or bethoven... only better then both combined!

MaestroRage responds:

oh man, if the two were here i'm sure they'd slay you and me in our sleeps :(

I thank you for the words GodForsakenSoul, but I am nowhere near their caliber. I hope to one day be able to join them in their grace, if not stand beside them, at least understand them. It is every composers dream, we all chase it.

Yet so few will have it.

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it! I apologize for the late response!

I'm Crying.

Simply beautiful. I don't know how many times I've listened to this, but I've finally gotten around to actually typing up a review. Please bear with me. But this is my second review on Newgrounds, since joining.

There's this simple emotion. Yet it strikes so deeply into me. Funny really, reading over all these reviews. There are so many character situations and whatnot where I might use this as a theme song as a role-playing to some legendary character's death... But there are only so many Gandalf's, Samuel Beckett 'Lucky's, Jonathan Winter's, Private Ryan's you could sacrifice to this song, before it becomes quickly cliche..---My way of saying this feels like... such a special song, that it should not be abused for just any sort of scenario (unless, of course, someone were to aim it for a more parody-like usage in turn.

I have have hard time grasping.

An old man lying on his deathbed, recalling past memories?
A lone soldier, left alone to make a final stand for his rights and values?
That pulsating self struggle that occurs within one's self?

This is a beautiful song, though I know you know it. You must know it. The simple 'tick-tick-tick' is so alluring, drawing in the listener into the song. The gradually growing crescendo, growing even 'til the climax, yet dying down in such a graceful manner. Everything right on the beat of the clock, nothing out of place, everything fitting, thread by thread. I don't know of any single imperfection you may have in it (and while I understand that every composer may go hard on him/herself, I would be amazed to see if you could perfect this any further)... Forgive me, I ramble. But thank you for your time. And thank you for yet another amazing piece, Maestro. Ten Stars, 5/5.

-Tuvlan

Hello Tuvlan.

I apologize for the late response :(, lets get straight to the review then.

It is reviews like this which ultimately makes the work all worthwhile. This song has found a place in your heart and I hope it will continue to give you the joy you have found in it for a long time yet.

The reason I do not think this song is perfect yet is largely because of the plans I had for it, which had to be left out. It is the same with every song I make. So much to tell, so focused and narrow my intention of telling the story that to put in the other ideas makes the main core unfocused, sometimes irrelevant.

However you have seen this idea, you have felt the emotion the core of this song. And that was all I could ever ask for.

You did not ramble, and I appreciate and thank you for the review. I am glad you liked the piece!

Powerfull

This song really captivated me, struck me deep in my heart and inspired a sight.

I envisioned someone lying on cold had wood, taking in their final breaths, mere minutes before they die. They'd look up at the grandfather clock that looms above them, the ticking pounding and coursing through their body with every second. at 2:08 when the music reaches its Zenith, I imagined the dying person becoming frantic, trying to grasp onto any form of life they can, begging not to die, and as the music begins to slow, they realize that there's nothing that can change their inevitable death, and they just lie still and accept it.

Not sure if you wanted to hear/read this, but what's done is done.

MaestroRage responds:

Yes death and the passing of entire generations was the main idea behind this track. Sometimes I find it scary that all it takes for complete human destruction, is a gap between one generation. If for one generation we fail to pass the torch, fail to enlighten, thousands of years of hardship, stories of millions, all lost in 20 years...

it's scary.

The frantic thoughts that race through the mind before death, is not something i'm going to pretend to even know. I suppose one day I will, but for now, we will have to sit and agree with your story :D!