Reviews for "_-={Precious Seconds}=-_"

...?

everybody else used big words to describe the song and it confuses me =X i just simply say its awesomely mysterious

MaestroRage responds:

Heh, and thats perfectly fine Adi0freak!

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

You're right good sir.

I've always been a fan of you yo. While I may not like all of the music you have produced I have always listened with respect and for the most part can say you do have real talent. (lol you've probably heard all of this before).

ANYWAYS. As I was hoping the song begins with a soft beginning, something that I enjoy more then others things, the first 30 seconds or so of the song with piano reminded me a bit of Final Fantasy 6 - Terra's Theme. It set the tone of the song, it stirred the image of a wanderer walking down a(n) abandoned/dark/creepy road.

Then the song continues, the tone of the song changes around the 1 minute mark where the Chorus kicks in, which is very well done. Its almost like you're leading the listener into their own imagination. The tone of song changes once more and now I felt like you're beginning to look into the past of our wanderer, like the story is just beginning to unfold.

Then at the two minute mark I believe I hear some Violins, drums and something else I can't quite put my finger on. I'm not a composer so I would not really know, so I could be HORRIBLY wrong :P. At this point I felt the song has reached its "peak", that there was no possible way the song can build up anymore then it just has . As far as the story in my head I felt like something horrible happened within our Wanderer's past, something that is the reason he is walking down this road, whether its because of something he did or something that happened to him.

Around the 2:40 mark the song returns back to its original pace that was set at the beginning. The piano comes back and begins to end the song, almost seeming like a loop. Everything winds down, the camera returns back to the present and focuses on the wanderer, slowly zooming out from above. The wanderer just continues on his journey.

The song is very well made, and that one second beat is just as you said it, the backbone of the song. I didn't really notice the beat until around 2:25, and when I did, it almost forced me to listen to the entire thing again just to see how important it was.

MaestroRage responds:

ah Eoika, it is such reviews which brings me joy. You have taken the song and found it's very core, and turned it into an image which can be related to easily.

It is especially since this image was not at all what conspired in my own head that fascinates me. It is of course not impossible that other images can be written to fit it, but you have found one that clicks in place, and clicks very well.

The two minute mark you are talking about there is a trill flute, which I believe is what you were referring to.

And yes, the constant clicking is the very spirit of this song. It is essentially worthless to the song in terms of melodic layering, yet once you find the reason behind it's madness, it is not something that can be ignored at all.

Thank you for taking the time to explore the song, and again for writing such a review and story. I am glad you liked it!

Beautiful piece

You my good sir are one of the best artists I've heard on Newgrounds. This much reminded me of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra Orchestra's "Beethoven's Last Night". The sense of inevitable progression was present throughout the music. Be sure to give us more Classical in the future! The new generation needs to hold onto this type of music. I know I surely will.

MaestroRage responds:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra is a great and powerful group. I find myself enjoying their works quite often. Though I havn't heard that specific song, I am a big fan of Beethoven, so now my hunt for it will being :D!

I will give the portal everything I have, and everything I can. I hope that I don't run dry for good, or that I must stop, but such things are always out of our control...

thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

very powerful

good god, you're a musical genius! this speaks to my soul, it was just the kind of song i needed now. now story time:

In a palace of ice the queen sits on her frozen throne. There is a ball in the great hall and the music can be heard in the throne room. She has no time for fun. Her country is on the brinke of war with its neighbor, Salor. As she sits there contemplating, she does not notice the black robed man enter the room. Outside the guards lie slaughtered. The man charges towards the queen blade first. As he impales her an arrow pierces his back. As he and the queen die he whispers in her ear, "Now this country belongs to Salor."

MaestroRage responds:

A horrible outcome for the queen D: One questions what exactly happened between her and the kingdom of Salor, and what kind of ruler finds it fair to send an assassin to destroy her. It makes me think Salor is a kingdom of shady and manipulative cowards.

It is my hope that the people do not take this lightly, and raise arms against the kingdom, now not only for themselves, but for the fallen queen!

Thank you for the review, and the story, much appreciated! I'm glad you liked it!

very nice

i bet youve heard this loads of times before but
BBBBAAAAADDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

MaestroRage responds:

I havn't heard Bad Ass for this types of songs much, so much appreciated :D!

Thank you again for the review, i'm glad you liked it!