Reviews for "_-={Precious Seconds}=-_"

"You have three minutes and 33 seconds to change her death. Go."

It tells me of a man who sold his soul for a second chance to stop his greatest failure; being unable to stop his significant other from dying. I can see her... at the top of a skyscraper. He climbs up the stairs, starting from 3 floors down, just as he did the last time, and manages to reach her just before she jumps-- but he cannot stop her from jumping. A parachute is given to him by some unknown hand when he reaches the edge; he jumps at 2:08. Faster and faster they fall, as he quickly gains speed...he manages to get the parachute on her just before the song slows down again, and pulls the string. The last few high notes of the song are him falling, elated that he saved her even as she screams out above him, unable to get the parachute off...

He hits the ground at 3:16, dead, but with a smile on his face...

Good song.

MaestroRage responds:

a brilliant story zero9g9... I had never considered such a story for the piece, but it fits perfectly, and I find myself reliving the scene again and again.

It brings up many questions, like why the significant other is going to destroy herself, even though this man is willing to sell his very soul in trying to save her. It makes for an exciting world to live in. External forces like the loss of a child might have been enough to do it...

all in all I enjoyed reading it, and living in it, thank you kindly for the review. I'm glad you liked it! I apologize for the late response!

Nice!

It makes ya think you are wasting seconds sometimes... Not wastign listening to the song...

MaestroRage responds:

that is indeed what it was meant to do. Precious time, thrown aside for meaningless endeavors. It is important to take time to relax and enjoy life, but so often, the fine line between relaxing, and then wasting time is crossed...

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it!

my thoughts on the song

thought halfway through-i imagine monks praying in a moestary in low light, with the backround music also in. praying to some great diety or the loss of someone very impiortant. seems like it'd make a perfect rolling credits song (sry but ya...lol)

past halfway, it gets a lil more intense, dont get me wrong, as calm as this song is, it's bout as intense of any rap or techno song (or so i feel). now i imagine it as either 1-the actually starting scene of a epic movie, or 2- a major scene has/is happened in a film, SUCH as a death or w/e but ya... by the ending of the song, its feels very smooth. i like the use of the piano and humming throught the song, it's a lovely song

AFTER i read the info on the song...

quite the lil story u have.... i like it, very harmonic ^^
BUT then i read Zen-Zudokai's story, im was flundered. he put a downright amazing lil story down, that said so much with so little words. i completely agree with him, it may be nice to others to be modest, but being to modest can only harm yourself. your the best of the best, there is no other way to put it. i'll listen to your music over MTV any day, and i hope you realize it. as Zensaid, stare right into the storm, and scream with not only excitement, but still keep the fear inside thats only human, and yell as loud and proud as you can "DO YOUR WORST"

we <3 u maestro

MaestroRage responds:

compactcheez I thank you for writing both stories out, for before and after the song. I understand that without any sense of direction seemingly this song does prove to be a good credits piece. Just there, progressive. The build up of parts may seem awkward, and abrupt, but such is the piece.

And modesty my good friend, does not harm you nearly as much as pride. When you become proud, when you proclaim yourself an elite, you begin to drift from your audience. You lose connection with your listeners, and ultimately you become isolated and lose the mindset that you can improve, and that you are not the end all of the craft.

I would much rather break myself down with modesty, then cripple myself with pride. By no means do I state that I think myself lousy, or undeserving. I have worked hard to get here, and I will continue to work hard to go where I want to, but I will never, ever, begin to consider myself the best, or lose the connection that keeps me going strong. The people.

Thank you for your review, i'm glad you liked it! I apologize for the late response!

Intresting concept

I was actually quite surprised when I read the first review you made to acompany this piece. Though, I have to admit it clears a lot of stuff up about it. The progressive "strength" so to speak was a nice touch as well. Really deep. Personally I prefer your more powerful and upbeat pieces. Though it's nice to have a slower one that sounds great

MaestroRage responds:

I like to make something like this once in a while simply because there are so many stories I want to tell, and not all of them require an epic beat, or slow tragedy to tell. Metaphorical stories like this *and Constituting Realities for example*, often require these abstract sequences which make odd sense without any firm guidance, which I give by the first review.

I am glad you found yourself enjoying it, thank you for the review! I apologize for the late response!

You're officially my new hero!

You're my hero, Can't get enough of your submissions! At first, PLEASE send me a small pm when your newest submission comes out, I thank you once, for reading this review, And I thank you once, for every submission you've entered

Cheers, The-Fallen-1

MaestroRage responds:

And I thank you for every submission you've listened to Dennis. I hope they bring you joy and entertainment, as that is what they are meant to do!

Thank you kindly for the review, i'm glad you liked it!