Reviews for "dragon '06"

Wow.

Beautiful dude. I know someone who would probably love to own something like that. I love dragons, but am not usually inclined towards the more Asian-influenced examples of them, but this piece pulled it off perfectly.

The detail is great as well.

I think this is more an issue of style than anything, but the only issue i have with this is the head is more humanoid shaped than one would think of an actual dragon with their long bodies, and more quadruped structured bodies.

sucho responds:

well this sculpture is built on top of a human head armature, so it is definitely more bipedal than traditional concepts. i intended to make it into a mask (for what i have no idea) but i had no concept of undercuts at the time and there was no way for me to mold around it. so it sits. and sits.

This is great

Amazing, so much detail! I can picture one being casted out of metal or something hanging off my wall. That would be fucking great.

sucho responds:

i'd love to cast it and make it into the base of a banister in some fancy library :(

Del Toro would be proud.

Love this.

Seriously amazing work, seems like a really nice mashup of different mythologies depictions of dragons, part Chinese, part European. All awesome.

I wannit.

aw thanks :3
east meets west. god i bet it would taste great if it was real. like a box of fried kung-pao covered in mustard and chips.

Gorgeous work.

Top notch work, MAN SCULPTURE IS HARD.

SO AM I

FOR YOU

Dude, this is an actual sculpture you did?! This is freaking amazing! This shows that we really should allow all forms of art on this website and not just pictures. It was great how you showed all different angles. It looks like it could be remade into a mask. Or is it already one?

It's just great to look at the details of all the little scales. It's so wonderfully smooth. I can see why you're fairly popular here. You have made wonderful stuff. This is probably the best I've ever seen from you. This is why dragons are so popular.

sucho responds:

thnx *w*, this sculpture -was- going to be the first mask i made using my first latex prop kit, but at the time i didn't fully understand the concept of undercuts, and i hadn't worked with plaster molds before. when it came time to do the mold process, i realized it was basically impossible to do. so it sits in my parents' loft :/