Reviews for "Onward and Upward"

Well...

It was ok... I wouldn't say it was one of your best however. Then again, I'm not a big fan of pop in general.

It seemed kind of lacking in it's sound... I can't place a finger on it though, just one of those feelings. It proberally could have used another base line.
I do like how you made this song sound like it belonged on a video game... from the early 90's or late 80's. Dreamcast maybe? Who knows...

Turning-Japanese responds:

Really? Your opinion seems to be of the consensus - I'm suprised people don't enjoy this one as much as I do. It's one of my favorites, structure-wise.
Oh well, all in good fun. And yes, I was toatally going for a video game-y feel here. Thanks very much for the feedback!

Those instruments ...

The instruments sounds similar to buzz ballad. Maybe not exactly, but they are happy sounding like buzz ballad. Did you put a filter on the instruments? I need to raise the volume up more to get it to play at a decent volume. Your good with using those cymbal clashes. I think the drums are a bit plain in this song.

That wah sounding guitar is a good lead instrument. Sounds like you used a 80s keyboard here too. Again your song needs vocals cause the song loops. So overall I enjoyed this. Got to take a trip back to the 80s when John Travolta was still a good dancer. 5 vote and 9 rev. Bye for now.

Turning-Japanese responds:

I'm sorry about the volume thing - I didn't realize that glitch until after submitting.
This song took a lot out of me - I'm happy with the way it's structured, even if the individual sounds bother me a bit. It's actually my mom's cell phone ring tone now!

This song does resemble buzz ballad in that it = synth city. Similar pads and delay techniques.

Thanks for your attention to detail!