Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Astro-Reality - Ionian Orbits"

eeeeesh.

I've got my monitors plugged in and running through my octacapture. I get flat response from them, incredibly accurate. Active too, so they go low and high. Stating that to clarify what is next.

Your track is too loud from the bat. Like it's limited to an inch of its life. Bass is there, but low and undefined. The beats, well muddied and low mid dominate. No snap. But that fucking donk is overly loud. Can't discern 75% of your instruments. Just middle noise all blending into a cacophony of nothing.

Please just strip it back, low levels first, run high pass on lows, low pass on highs. pan. you need to be using breakbeats for dnb, james brown gave us them.

I will never not 5. but this needs serious tlc.

pbj

I feel like the bass is a little too loud and over powers everything else, could be turned down just a little, because the bass is nice, but there's no balance between them i feel the snare could be turned up, it's a tad quiet. But I love the panning and glitchy effects, and everything else is pleasant and atmospheric. The mixing is really well done and most of it in general though. It's relaxing, not too distracting, and ominous. With those tweaks though, you're solid.

Astro-reality responds:

Thanks for the valuable feedback man. I applied your advice to the track and updated it.

Glad to hear that the mixing is well done, because I am still not always sure if I am doing everything right.