Reviews for "Finding That Something Special"

good show

gnarly buildup... nice sound and feel when it comes in proper. ambient bit with the speaky is nice, 'know what i mean'... poetry:/
yeh, u noes it, is a wicked track
;ped

pitbulljones responds:

yarrrrr ped'. hehe aint made a 'long' tune for a while so its nice to be able to strect meself again. Liking me manc tones again haha, Innit. i wouldn't go as far as saying it's poetry, i did it in one take on the fly, got me acting shoes on.

ta man

Nice

The intro to this bugger was a bit irritating at times. Highpitched sinewaves stressing on the left ear.. ahah. Bu the rest of the tunes surlely makes up for the rest.

Don't get me wrong I thought the intro was pretty cool. The "first part" as you call it was great. Nice pads conflicting drums, come together nicely. Interesting little quirks and beeps in there.

The second part completely changes the song. I really liked the monologue bit, reminds me of mogwai, but with less guitar and delay. Great poetic lyrics.. .yeah nice :D

Ending works out nice and brings back the first part of the song. Overall great work Pitbull. Your one of my faves on this damn site ;D

-SineRider

pitbulljones responds:

hey sine' yea tis a bit drawn out that opening, suppose you have to think as if it was on an album track, i don't think the track would be at a loss without it, but it does have you second guessing. it really 'flew'this track, no messing about once i got running it kept going, love it when that happens. as mentioned previously i really aimed to make that contrast. between the beat and the mid section. I'm glad people are appreciating that part as it was a real gmable to go with my words. Mogwai...cool.

it makes me smile inside knowing that i bring joy to people with my music, always nice to be liked aint it. just incase anyways can't make out what im say too i'll put it here.

Thanks man pm me with owt you need reviewing

pitters

'Have you ever looked in someones eyes and known, seen something, that....it's just right.

and.... you can't put your finger on it.... You can't....understand it.......but it's there and it's real. You know what i mean?

I look at other people sometimes and i see things very differently.

Always in two's, always in pairs, holding hands....smiling....smiling....

there's not a care in the world for anyone else except them two.

it's special, so remember that, something special.'

Nice altogether.

The intro is a bit long, but it sounds weird and good. Then the real thing comes, the drums do sound cruncy. Is that a guitar? It souds good, but it's so low and distant in the mix it's kinda hard to hear. Piano chords fit great with the monolouge. That part sounds damn beautiful. I haven't heard the texture in the background anywhere, how did you make that synthish windish thing? Then it moves on picking up the middle part- a bit of a change for the ending would be good though. As I said, nice altogether.

hmmm

this deserves a long review "and" a special story line.

quick overview
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
intro 0:00 / 0:52 - waking up in factory, brought to life.

early 0:53 / 2:31 - everyday life, emotionless cubical work, falling in line like a machine.

middle 2:32 / 4:17 - vocals (someone speaking on a bread-box or perhaps a worried friend talking to you)

end 4:18 / end - Stayed home from work, phone ringing off the hook, sitting on bed head in hands thoughtful and sad at same time.

for hole story see below
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

start/0:52 - Your on your back on a conveyor belt rolling through a dark factory, all you can see is black and white, machines piecing you together bit by bit as your carried along. Your not the only one in this factory.

0:53/1:41 - you awake in bed as if it was a dream, you get dressed, looking in the mirror you see your body is robotic and metallic.

1:42/2:22 - You head out your front door, you look around and see everything is mechanized to some extent or another and everyone is gray. You walk through the city to your work.

2:23/2:30 - you see an electric jack hanging in front of your work station, and you plug it into the back of your neck as you always have.

2:30/ 2:45 - Reality seems to simply fall away. Then you hear the voice of a stranger.

2:46/4:17 - you work while listening to the voice as if in a trance, you never payed it any mind really as it was always the same voice you've always heard, but this time it sounds different, after a while you lose your trance like state and listen, your vision turns blue, then green, then all the colors start to fall into place one at a time bringing color to your vision.

4:18/end - the metallic components of your body break off and fall to the floor. People are shocked as you run out of work shoving them out of the way, you run outside, the sky is gray with lightning and the buildings are metallic silver. The people stare at you with their soulless gaze. They to are all still gray and robotic. You run through the city shoving people out of your way as you escape, the electric jack is still stuck in the back of your neck, but no cable is attached to it.

sweet

I wasn't too bothered by the intro but ya it was fairly harsh on the ears. However, it did give this piece a unique sound. The part where the drums kicks in is cool for a while but I felt it went on a little too long. The melody wasn't very discernible and all I really focused on was the chords which never really changed during the first section after the intro. The drums were pretty cool and a lot of the sounds you used were pretty interesting. The bridge with the monologue was my favorite part. Good pads, good effects, good tonal choices. I liked the swelling pad in the left and how it interacted with the keys. Keep up the good work. 5/5