Reviews for "철쭉 (Royal Azalea)"

No words, w o a h : 0

Very epic cinematic

Such a different pace and sound than Hammock. So fast and lively. I love every bit of this track. The drums are punchy and snappy. The ?flutes? are so quick and lively. I love the progression with them. The strings are also really nice. There's so much to love about this track. The short choir notes in the back and the smaller details like the chimes make this flow into a cohesive package that I absolutely love.

such a good piece! i like to think of the daintier, more choreographed / composed parts as the "royal" sections, and the wilder, more freeflowing parts with booming drums and bombarding string melodies as the "Azalea" sections (although, when googling the history behind the Azalea flower, its symbolism doesn't seem to match my theory).

in addition to the aforementioned contrast, i can tell you were really careful with the production in the louder sections of this song, and while i noticed a few off-putting compression bits, i think you did a really nice job.

also, i've just looked up the Royal Azalea Festival mentioned in the description, and it's provided me with another interesting bit of imagery to pair with this song. great work!!

Miyolophone responds:

thank you stardew! mixing & mastering this one was a horrible task and i ended up resorting to a sort of pseudo-sidechain mechanism, which may not have been the best solution. we'll get 'em next time

glad you enjoyed :)