Reviews for "red baron"

Thats me when i wake up.

Maybe you should of put a little phrase down the bottom like " Run, for all the good it will do..." Just to add to the badassness ;D

dommi-fresh responds:

how about 'he'll rip your fucking balls off!'

Damn. . .

This guy really looks like he's got a grudge against somebody. I AM ON YOUR SIDE, DO NOT KILL ME!!! PLEASE?

dommi-fresh responds:

dude i would just keep your distance just to be sure its not you he's after move away man move far away.

I was wondering when you were going to post this.

Still waiting on the original to be delivered but hey, it takes a while right!?
Damn postal service.

Your old school style from the humble paper with mild tweaks on the computer makes your art favorable and valuable.

BECAUSE! This is how all artists should begin, with a paper and pencil.

Bravo dude.

dommi-fresh responds:

hopefully it will get to you A-OK message me when it arrives buddy.

Inspiring!

This is some really magnificent work- that guy really got his money's worth!

He stands out so effectively, and looks so totally BRUTAL it's hard not to just study it for minutes in awe at hardcore he looks. The shading and inkwork gives him weight, the red is powerful, and brown fits, and the sword reminds me of Heavy Metal (this is a good).

The scratches and imperfections in the armor are used sparingly, but just enough to imply density; I like to point that out because I have a bad habit of not knowing when to stop with "battle damage", and it was used well in this. The pose is menacingly cool! The name in the background also knits in an effective way to memorize the name, and it doesn't try to stand out all campy-like...I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this as a pro comic-book cover.

The brown papery texture REALLY works well with it all, too. As a learning artist, I'd love to just pick your brain about this- What was the hardest thing to do about this artwork? How exactly did you manage to pull off that texture in the background and over the cape, and what's YOUR personal favorite detail?

Great job! Fav'd and fived!

dommi-fresh responds:

wow quite a review let me start by saying thank you its a poetic and and well put review. i am glad you like it.
firstly the back ground is just actually white cartridge paper but because of the paint and the way i edit my pictures i scanned it... it turns out brown and wavy but it is intentional.
and as for my favourite detail... i am not sure i usually pick out the bits i hate. but i have to say i am pleased with the outcome of his hands.

Not a bad drawing