Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Truman Sleeps"

Beautiful.

Phonometrologist responds:

Thank you, friend. I'm glad you think so.

O.O wow

is it bad?

I like the pensive mood at the beginning and the atmosphere. Really does sound like you recorded it in a concert hall (and for all I know, you probably did). :) It's a simplistic composition, but your sense of flow and pacing are both strong. It does seem to invoke sleep in some way. I was a little thrown off by the harmonic shift at 1:07 - all of a sudden the progression is much more chromatic and eerie. I felt like there was more to the story after the piece ended at 1:46, but I certainly enjoyed what I heard. I hope you'll do solo piano compositions more often! Cheers, Phono. ^^

Phonometrologist responds:

It was recorded at my previous church before I moved away. I used a room mic that is more prominent here in the mix as well. Regarding your comment about the music sounding as if there is more to the story. Well that's probably true with all film music as this piece was composed by Philip Glass for the movie "The Truman Show." I always liked the harmonic progression that I find peculiar in Philip Glass's music. Now his style has been copied quite a bit, but his harmonic language is still hard to duplicate by those that don't fully appreciate his approach.