Reviews for "Punch-Out! [Bike Remix]"

Awesome remix.

I thought it wasn't going to be that good since I heard the original NES music and it said "Remix." Glad I was wrong.

5'd and Downloaded.

snayk responds:

I'm glad you were wrong too :D

Good to hear you liked it so much. Thanks for the review!

awesome

shame about the racism by the guys in the other versions though

i love old nintendo songs

snayk responds:

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

thats nice

i always wondered why the game was called N***a stole my bike untill the other day when i played it lol nice sound track

snayk responds:

The game is actually called 'Punch-Out!'

'N*gga stole my bike' refers to a joke started on YTMND. It started a trend, and a few good spin-offs were made.

Here, some links to inform you:

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Bike #N***as_.26_Bikes

Good job!

Lol I never knew the original game, Ive only seen parodies about n***a stole my bikeXD I turned on this song and as far as I know the original, this song sounds ALOT like it. Correct me if Im wrong, I thought the snair in the beginning had a little more power in the original. Anyway, it changed over to a part that I didnt recognize because of its power, yet it stayed very VG! I think you should have put more attention on making the reversed crash sound more VG though^-^;

Originality: Never heard a remix of this before, I like it:3
Diversity: You kept the diversity great, some panning, and a great switch. The ending was a bit abrubt, what you could have done, was make a transition to the beginning, so it loops. Best thing to do sometimes, when you try recreating a gameremix^-^
Critism: Just a few things that needed a little more time, but I think you did an awesome job(:

snayk responds:

You're right about the original 8-bit snare sounding more powerful -- the original was actually much more powerful sounding (all in all) than mine, but I still came quite close to recreating it.

I don't really think there was a need to make the reverse crash sound more VG because you can't really do that... I guess I understand what you mean, but I like it the way it is.

I had actually considered just ending it by looping back to the original, but decided against it because I just really liked the way it ended. It just kind of fizzes out.

I understand all of your criticisms, and most of them were considered (and even tested). I made the choice to make the song this way because I liked the way it turned out.

I figured if I ever decide to make a loop out of it, I would only loop the modern (my mix) part so it could be easily used in a Flash game (probably a boxing game :P).

Thanks for the good review :)

Kick ass

Great work with the synths and everything great work.

snayk responds:

Thanks a lot for the review and listen :)

Good to hear you enjoyed it.