Reviews for "X vs. Spark Mandrill"

Great colorful and stylistic piece

This piece just has so much character. I love the perspective as well as the exaggerated proportions and poses. There's a certain level of flexibility in both X and Mandrill; because of the little bends and folds they characters have life as well as personality. This art style looks like it could lend itself to being one of humor as well as action, it's something different; different is good, it keeps everything from stagnating with the same old same old.

Your recent work really pops with color, I notice you often use blue and purple hues to accent your work. One of the things that keeps this memorable for me is in this piece you didn't really use a flat black palette in the outlines; you used reds, blues and purples; that really kept this vibrant and fresh. One thing that I always liked about Capcom's visual style is that even in their "serious" games like Street Fighter, Darkstalkers and Mega Man X, they never used the modern "let's color everything rusty" syndrome, this piece matches that philosophy. It looks like you tried to use as many interesting colors as possible without being distracting and for that ultimately it succeeds in presenting an exciting and energetic piece.

Overall, I like this art style you've utilized, it looks like it would not only animate well, but it's rather memorable. I actually like that it's not in an overt anime style. I'm at the end of this weird little review now.
Tl;dr version:
Awesome art, keep up the good work.
-Shockdingo

"fuck yes"

Megaman X...

Ah, my childhood.

5 Dozen Eggs

It's the only way to defeat your foe...

bad ass!

and please do make that mooovie!

Sweet!

That's the best stop and look what's in front of you pose ever!!! I'm gona call it the SAL pose lol looks like it will be a good fight scene. Good Luck with it man.