Reviews for "Dewy Embers"

Deserves much higher rating

Man the portal is so f-ed up. Great songs get no appreciation at all, BOO!

One of the best Gill songs ever created. Ambience at it's greatest. Simplicity is what makes this song good.

The beat and the backround voices accompany the amazing synth amazingly.

awesome........aweeesome.

I think ill listen to this again after i do the salmon dance.

-bam

I appreciate it, Kev-o. SALMON DANCE FOR THE WIN :D

For those reading this who don't know what the hell we're talking about, The Salmon Dance is a Chemical Brothers song about.... dancing like a salmon. If you haven't heard it... do so now.

*dance'n like a fish while I'm do'n the snap*

Awesome.

Awesome. The voice was really smooth that came in sometimes. Cool pond sounds. Good drums, everything seem to be put in right. Awesome job.

Gillenium responds:

Thanks for the review! The voice was mine. I don't do much singing on songs. I've only had one song (Sunburst from my Undiscovered Species album) where my singing is prominent. I usually just use it to season the music. Melody is where it's at... yo.

Glad to see you back with a new mix Gillenium

I love how you take simplistic and basic melodies and lay them over a beat, or a nice pad with some swirhling FX, and make everything sound so sweet. you are like the clapton of ambient/eletronica music. and it sounds real fresh and original too man. I can't even criticize you on anything here man. :)

the main synth in the beginning is real nice. it was just a two note melody, but you got an amazing tone on that bit. how do you do it? the intro didnt catch my attention much, but once the track and miscellaneous instruments worked it self in, it put me in a trance. the drums are pretty damn slick, like a young lost boy is running in the rain, under murky skies, in his teared up raincourt. the melody around 0:30 is downright touching...sounds so peaceful and has a major minor feel. the low frequency is tear inspiring. I guess removing the drums in certain parts give some recovery, chill time, i would have liked to see how the track progressed with without the short delays. i really dig the background ambient effects, they help make the track as good as it is. the fade in stuff in the second half of the track is killer too, it sounds like you took a lot of effort into tweaking out the right sounds. around 2:20, such a wonderful, beautiful pad. i also love the new FX you put on the drums after that bit. nice ending man, sweet, sweeet, sweeet man. amazing track.

Gillenium responds:

Very very nice review! Thanks for taking the time to write it. "Electronic Clapton" is one description I've never heard before :) But yes, I'm finally getting into the groove of my new software and hardware. Having a midi-controller is really great. I can just turn on the "record" feature and mess around. The melody of this song came from just messing around. I like that freedom.

Do I smell a remix?

The last little while has been outstanding for the ambient chart at NG, and this is no exception. The songs I want to remix just keep piling up. Great job!

Mo

5 & 10

Gillenium responds:

You want to remix this? Into what, a dance tune? That would be wicked. Thanks for the review!

Congrats.

Wow all of your music is my escape to paradise. I just saw your CD on itunes, Congratulations!

Gillenium responds:

Thanks :D My CD has been out for a couple years, actually. It was an experiment that never really payed off, but I'm still proud of it. It's not a big accomplishment to get your music on itunes, believe me. Besides, I'd prefer if people bought the physical CD, since the artwork is pretty much the sole reason I made the CD in the first place!