Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Dewy Embers"

Awesome.

Awesome. The voice was really smooth that came in sometimes. Cool pond sounds. Good drums, everything seem to be put in right. Awesome job.

Gillenium responds:

Thanks for the review! The voice was mine. I don't do much singing on songs. I've only had one song (Sunburst from my Undiscovered Species album) where my singing is prominent. I usually just use it to season the music. Melody is where it's at... yo.

Deserves much higher rating

Man the portal is so f-ed up. Great songs get no appreciation at all, BOO!

One of the best Gill songs ever created. Ambience at it's greatest. Simplicity is what makes this song good.

The beat and the backround voices accompany the amazing synth amazingly.

awesome........aweeesome.

I think ill listen to this again after i do the salmon dance.

-bam

I appreciate it, Kev-o. SALMON DANCE FOR THE WIN :D

For those reading this who don't know what the hell we're talking about, The Salmon Dance is a Chemical Brothers song about.... dancing like a salmon. If you haven't heard it... do so now.

*dance'n like a fish while I'm do'n the snap*

wow!

this song is fairly amazing by any standards, not just NG. I like the little voice snippets and the soft drums in the background, the nice open feel the soft keyboard improv provides, and the the ooohing vocals. It all comes together to form something pretty amazing and well produced. This is certainly ambient; i can picture myself sitting in a huge place at night, with rolling fields and swarming frienldly insects and a bright fire.
(check out my stuff?)

Gillenium responds:

Thanks a lot. I'm glad this one finally got a review, because I was pretty proud of it. Since switching over to Ableton Live and my new midi controller, I'd say this is the best song I've done. Keeping it simple seems to work the best.