Reviews for "everything."

I like the smooth synths at the beginning. The tone of the piece is both quirky and melancholy, which is a good combo. The percussion at :17 is creative, although the phone effects and static-y atmosphere at :35 kinda threw me off the flow. I would’ve liked to hear a stronger build-up into the climactic section at the 1-minute mark, although the powerful pads and danceability of that section was pretty cool. The sound design here is really cool overall, although I was looking for some stronger melodic content in here somewhere. The bouncy energy at 1:53 is nice, and despite the somewhat weak kick, the production quality in this piece is super high. The distorted vocals at 2:26 seem a tad out-of-place, and make for a pretty choppy stop-start transition ino 2:30. The chord progressions in this piece can be a bit generic and, despite the amazing atmosphere, sound design, and mixing here, I can’t help but feel that the composition is a tad underwhelming in some regards. The melodic instrument at 3:14 is really cute and quaint, but I think you seriously overdid it with the atmospheric breaks with the bizarre vocals. Overall, this is strong work, especially with the production quality and sound design, but the arrangement is pretty choppy and some of the compositional details didn’t quite work for me. Keep at it, BurneMusic! ^_^

Mixing, mastering, and balance
2/2
Structure, transitions, phrasing, and variety
1/1.5
Melody, tonality, harmony, and texture
1.75/2
Instrumentation and sound design
1/1
Emotion, atmosphere, and catchiness
1.25/1.5
Originality and uniqueness
1/1
Overall (how do the elements above interact?)
.75/1
Composite score
8.75/10

BurneMusic responds:

Thanks, I agree with what you've said for sure
I'm honestly very surprised that you scored this so highly, hopefully I'll be able to impress more in the future :)

the track is pretty awful I'm aware

DAMN. This track is really something.
The chord progression is simple, but infectious, and it hits you right in the feels. The composition throughout the whole thing is gorgeous. Everything is super well mixed and produced, and the sound design is perfect for this type of thing. And my GOD, when those softer instruments like the piano comes in...

Plus the description and backstory makes it hit even more in the feels. It's not absolutely perfect per se, but I really see what you were trying to get at with this. And it's really beautiful. Excited to listen to your other work!

BurneMusic responds:

thanks ig

I really like it

AAAAAA SO MUCH LOVE IT!!!!

Thank you for this amazing song, I love it