Reviews for "To The Clouds"

The sound is amazing from the start. The clarity! Following!

etherealwinds responds:

Thank you Dude! Good to have you around and I'm glad you enjoyed the track!

The wind instruments sound amazing here (especially at 1:02) and I'm really digging the trills. Vocals also sound great - together they produce a really tribal sound. If there's any critique I can make here it's that it sounds like the song is building up to something big, whether it's louder or faster or both. This isn't bad in and of itself, except that the listener never really gets that payoff (and I was REALLY looking forward for the drums to kick in the door, guns blazing and start pounding away.)

Overall outstanding piece, but doesn't really resolve.

etherealwinds responds:

Hey Kwing, thanks for the review!
Now that I've not been listening to the track non-stop while working on the track all last evening, I'd be inclined to agree with you. This obviously isn't a pure orchestral track, but it's the most I've worked with orchestral elements before and having an awareness of exactly how far I should push the climax for it to give you that really satisfying feeling is a skill I shall be actively practising. I was always a bit afraid of the intricacies of orchestral composition but I think it's something I could definitely try my hand at.

Thank you for the solid advice! I'll definitely be going back to this track and building on it even further (if my poor laptop will allow me to open the FL studio project anymore!) :D

this is really good!

etherealwinds responds:

Thank you Whatastic! Glad you liked it :)