Reviews for "Dragon Slayer"

Interesting listen. I like the mood, but some of the compositional elements make the tone feel somewhat inconsistent (is this supposed to be in major or minor key??) What I noticed a lot were a lot of weird and unpredictable twists in the melodies, which is great, but would feel more at home if there were some more predictable variants and the riffs you currently have were your B sections instead. What you have now seems like it's a confused half-breed of power metal and progressive, which isn't bad except that some (not all) parts feel a little awkward and your transitions aren't great. The quiet chugging sections also feel kind of pointless - I don't feel like they're really building to the more energetic parts.

Hope this isn't too critical of a review - I actually really liked this piece (2:55 - 3:38 sounded more like a jam session than a song but holy shit it sounds amazing.) There's just a couple hiccups here and there standing in the way of this being outstanding.

350teric responds:

The compositional approach is instinctual rather than reasonable. Therefore at some points it follows some rules and in other it does not. The rules in composition are made subjectively by the author. So, I hope this gives an answers to the mentioned unjustified discrepancies - "hiccups" with the conventional approach. Thank you for the review! :)

Hi, first of all I have to say that the sound of that lead guitar is really cool!, as well as the second guitar, bass and the drums.

I really like the main theme, I think the modulation from minor to mayor you use to resolve to that part gives it a nice extra powerful sensation, also the melody of that part its very nice for me.

The guitar solo is very cool too, have that epic general sound, I really like it too, and the final of the song is very funny!!

350teric responds:

Thank you for the nice words man, glad that you like song. I was aiming for that epic sound all the way! :)