Reviews for "Uniwar Level 1 SE"

Fun and short shooter, wish there were more tactics instead of just spamming though.

A good game,especially for the time was released.

Even thought is was made 18 years 7 months 14 days ago...This was nice i was having a mildly fun time learning which way was best but the health is too much of a big challenge now with this touchpad and not with a mouse.... ughh its still decent done i guess regardless but the overall gameplay was challenging which made me give up quick.

Doomhammr responds:

I concur that a touch-pad makes this game impossible to play. You'll either need a touch screen or a mouse to have a fair shot.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't seem to hold up that well at all. I mean, it's just some animation that doesn't look good. It's too easy at times. It is pretty hard with the guys that have a lot of health. I like how you can replenish it. It doesn't look good by most standards.

The sounds aren't bad. I like how it's a clear cut game. Congrats on all your plays! I feel bad looking at all this old stuff. I mean, it's not terrible, I've just played much better.

Doomhammr responds:

No offense taken. I understand this game is now 16 years old and does not hold up well at all. I think I was 14 or 15 when I made this.

Considering this game is 14 years old .(13 if you start the time from the year of the graphic change) This game is amazing. If this was a pixel art arcade game I'd be spending all the quarters on this in 50 cent intervals. (pretty sure that's not the right word but oh well)
This is definitely the oldest flash game I've played that I can say I enjoyed and honestly there not much wrong, it's just a bit dated. Honestly there's only one other problem, I kind of think that all the levels should be in one game. If they were put together into one game that would be pretty cool. All in all it's a really good game. Especially for it's time.

Doomhammr responds:

I agree. At the time, computers (especially my Celeron) were much slower and it was easier to serialize Flash games to releasing them one level at a time considering it would take forever for Flash to compile back then. Combat Instinct would be the first one on Newgrounds to buck that trend, but I dread to think of the load times McFretN had to deal with.

Interesting factoid about Combat Instinct: According to McFretN, he was working on CI2 when he completely lost the first level of the game (don't remember how, probably a computer crash or file corruption). He had to remake the entire game, but as it turned out, McFretN added new features like branching paths that would be a mainstay for the series in CI2 and 3.