Reviews for "You're the Same"

Solid work LSD. Congrats on getting the highest score this round! Your production quality and musicianship has gone up significantly since the last time I've been around NG. You will be a force in this competition for sure!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you! It means a fair deal coming from you :)
I'm glad that my progress is noticable, since I've kept on doing my best to improve in the musical field, alongside my studies. Who knows, perhaps we (along with someone else) will end up in the finals together. Best of luck to you and Josh!

Ayyy gg on getting into 2nd ngadm round

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you! Your track is really good, and would've deserved to make it too, as suggested by your high score. Hopefully there will be an opportunity again next year :)

Congratulations on the super high score!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Why thank you, and congratulations to you as well!

Dude I swear every time I hear something from you it gets better and better. I enjoy this piece, and rightfully so, it has innocence and tragedy within it at the same time. Plus, the fact that this is all improv done on a simple keyboard... it blows me away.

My only complaint is the violin going up so unnaturally high from the beginning to 0:48 and again from 4:30 to the end. Usually I would not be as against it as in other pieces that do this, but here it sounds so strained. It doesn't fit in as well with the nature of this piece because it's a splitting strain that comes out heavily. I would suggest bringing it in a little, either through velocity or through hardness.

Overall, though, it's still great. In my opinion, it has a real good chance in NGADM. Wonderful job and good luck :D

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you! If every piece you hear seems improved, perhaps it's a sign I'm slowly getting better :)
It's funny you mention innocence. Some years ago, I made a collab with i0ta called "Threnody for Innocence", of a similar nature. We should remake it with some higher quality instruments at some point though.

Also, this composition is by no means an improvisation! This is a carefully planned out piece, start to finish, the piano played on my electric piano (link in the description). It's just not played with a strict tempo, because that adds to the emotion. Thus, I also have to personally disagree with the complaint about the high violin; it's exactly like I want it, compositionally. That said, I knew everyone wouldn't like it, if for nothing else than preferential reasons.

I wouldn't call the violin's playing unnaturally high though. The highest note is a high G note, the same that's demonstrated (fairly) cleanly in this video:

Thanks for listening to all of my latest music, as well as for the reviews!

Beautiful composition friend, full of feeling and vigor