Reviews for "On Go"

This is one of the most unique tracks I ever heard. 1:05-1:19 was my favorite part. The transition at 2:34 is awesome!

I think your favorite part should be 1:48. :3

thanks man!

The tempo automations with that synth at the beginning are really cool. Bongos are also cool. I love the swells with the pads, too (first the big one at :05 and then the smaller ones starting at :22). The piece is really catchy, albeit a little slow-paced. The melodic content at :54 is super funky and refreshing. The sound effect at 1:01 sounded a little harsh, but overall that entire refrain is really creative rhythmically and pleasing harmonically. The dreamier melodic content that starts at around 1:30 is a quite welcome shift in the overall texture/flavor of the piece. The breakdown at 2:38 is also a great element of the progression. Despite the slow pacing of the piece, there's a ton of structural variety and ebb and flow in the composition. The jazzy chords at around the 4-minute mark serve you well. The final refrain really comes together nicely. This piece takes me on a journey, 1f1n1ty. Great work! Probably the strongest composition I've heard for this year's NGADM so far, at the very least of an electronic track for sure. By all means, keep it up! And good luck in the ADM. ^_^

--- === NGADM Round 1 Review! === ---
I was super impressed with your track. As usual, you delivered on many fronts from fantastic production (including respecting them good ol' dynamics), awesome instrumentation with a blend of synthetic and orchestral and you kept me interested throughout thanks to a variety of themes.

Scores are weighted so that comp and prod are 75% of the score:
Composition: 10
Production: 10
Enjoyment, atmosphere, replay and all the other odd stuff: 9

I found your composition really impressive from a variety of themes with little obvious repetition to your tempo change; from the ebb and flow of the slower sections to the extremely catchy high points. This really showed off your attention to detail.

As I said, the production here is perhaps flawless. Everything has its space and the track is very well balanced. I think on repeated listens I will have to turn it down slightly as the sudden jumps from quiet to loud (because of the aggressive percussion and synths) becomes tiring quite quickly. I might have reduced the difference in levels slightly or found a way to prepare the listener's ear for the perpetual up and down. Mercedes (yes the car company) have done a thing around this in their new cars - the speakers play a really loud noise if you're in a crash but it's not as loud as a crash would be, therefore your ears are ready for the louder sound and are protected.

This was a genuinely interesting track which I will definitely come back to in the future. It has a great atmospere and consistent theme which you have developed nicely throughout.

If this wasn't NGADM I would just give you 10/10 but because I have to be a pain, it rounded up to 9.8.

Fantastic work!

hey thanks metal!

lol the "too much dynamics" complaint, i've received it once or twice but this is probably the first time where imo i think it's really justified and i could have toned it down :P spade said he got really tired of the volume after a while so i wonder if that was part of it

interesting fact about mercedes, didn't know that :) one more piece of trivia to add to my collection

Give me the juice.
(Sorry for the lack of anything constructive, I just really love the song and suck at making music so any criticism I give is probably flawed or useless so instead I attempt to replace it with terrible humor). But seriously, you deserve a whole lot more attention, and serve as a role model to me in my music production.

but but

i don't have the juice ; ^ ;

(it's fine if you don't have words, i get it, it's the thought the counts right :D)

Holly cow. 5/5 on your 3/4th magic. I honestly wasn't sure you were the same composer that I had talked to years ago but I see now that I was right to believe in you all those years ago (Has it really been that long????) This shows absolutely genius composition in more ways than I have time to express to you. That being said I do hope we can talk soon.

Absolutely beautiful composition +
mesh of unorthodox instruments ++
time signatures and time changes!? +++
I cant.

1f1n1ty responds:

Hey man! Yeah I'm like super appreciative of your support way back when, I never would have predicted getting here haha

Thanks for the kind words! I've like spent many years refining my own insanity so now I make this kind of crud :)