Create a free account to unlock the full magic and wonder of Newgrounds!

Reviews for "Saruz - Violin Master"

Amazing song. Everything about it is just powerful and epic, and it shows such a strong tone. This deserves more attention, great job on the song.

Wow, really nice job here! Lots of progression, ups, downs, and overall really exciting and compelling. The violin sounded a little unnatural, but this was mostly masked when it was layered with other tracks and only stood out during the more quiet parts.

Writing and mix on this song are stellar. Mixed like a classical/cinematic track, with all the dynamic contrast preserved. Violin solo does sound somewhat floppy and inorganic but I do find that the virtuosity of your writing prevailed in the end. If I had to recommend a synth to replace that, Synful Orchestra. I would also mix that violin lead with more breath to it. String friction is what really makes or breaks the violin sound in my eyes. Still, I have nothing bad to say about this song. It's sitting on the razor's edge of 10.

Saruz responds:

well, this violin's artificiality may come from that I have pretty limited orchestral sounds libraries, so those instruments won't sound like living ones. but I admit, I could have made that violin sound more various. thanks for the synth recommendation and the whole review!

Hey man. I'm not judging your group, but I've heard this track is pretty stellar from the other judges. I was not disappointed. The violin is beautiful, and you integrate so well with the heavy breaks. The piece is well-structured and smooth-flowing, and has a great amount of structural variety, too. The frantic solo at 2:03 was probably my favorite part of the piece. This track has a ton of melodic content and dynamic contrast, and overall the production, sound design, and composition are all very strong. You talk about how you're unsatisfied with the quiet mix, but I think that's a negligible detail in the context of such amazing musicianship. The only thing that's really worth complaining about imo is the abrupt ending. You really sold the drama with this piece. Keep up the great work!

Saruz responds:

wow, thank you for all of these nice words! I personally didn't expect that this thing will get such attention, although this is definitely the best one I have ever created. and well, I think there are many more revelant technical details to work at though, 'cause I always compare my work to reference tracks and it doesn't sound fully satisfying yet. But I have big bunch of time to achieve this, actually this is only the second year of my music production. thanks once again!

Not a big fan of dubstep.....but DAMN this is powerful stuff! Great job on creating this. You're gonna go far if you keep up this standard of work!