Reviews for "endK - Space Lasagna"

That swingish tasty combo deserved 1st place 😁

<3!

Gratz on the first place finish! I like the funky vibe at the beginning and the melodic content shortly thereafter. Your style still reminds me of Johnfn, which can only be a good thing. The transitory fill at :56 was great. I also really like how the bass is really exposed at 1:25. The brass fits into the texture really well, and indeed sounds quite musical with the humanization. There are a lot of different solos throughout the piece, which makes the piece feel like a jazz piece structurally despite the synthetic elements. My main complaint is that some of the elements of the texture didn't quite come through like I wanted them too. The electric bass seems to have a really cool line at around 2:40, but I can't quite pick out the notes with my headphones. This might well be a reflection of my headphones more than anything else, but regardless I the final chorus as an appropriate time to turn up the bass. :) Overall fantastic work, though. A well-deserved first place. Keep it up, EndK!

Hey TL! :D
First of all thanks for the review, really grateful for every review of yours.
1:25 part was actually my favorite, since I introduced another more of a high-mids bass that's stereo separated, and it was more like a game of playful patterns at that point, that's why it sounds exposed I guess.
2:40 part was actually the same as the 0:59 I think oO. Maybe it sounds a little bit more muddy than the other sections cause I left some lows on brass section.
Much luvz once more! <3

Whew man that is one hot track. This is right on par with some of the best stuff I have heard in games I have played. Picture ripping through a zone in sonic or something to this for just a moment. It is easy to see why this took first place for sure.

endKmusic responds:

Thanks for the compliments man, I'm really glad you dig it.
Really worked hard on this one and seeing comments like this makes me feel it was worth it.
Cheers! <3

This track is very upbeat and catchy :D I like the juxtaposition of electronic instrumentation and hybrid instrumentation, and I especially like the percussion. it's complex but it maintains a consistent rhythm. I don't have any notable criticism. It's a very solid track that I can listen to tens of times without it getting old.

endKmusic responds:

Thanks for the review BO!

Oooh yeah so tasty.
Super interesting throughout, well produced, you really knocked this one out of the park. Congrats!

Yay!
Thanks man, really glad you dig it.