Reviews for "*+*+(IoChron - Symphony of Darkness)+*~_0"

your bgm is too loud.....

your playing, exceptional. mix is great, except for that bgm atmos. Dude's verbing too. hahaha.

IoTheEternal responds:

haha eh it's personal taste - I like a rich background ambiance which has the music as more of a background element - but thanks a lot for the input!

thanks for the review mate! :)

-shawn(chron)-

Very nicely made,classical feeling,reminds me a bit of Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata,wich i did my own version of called "Rain Sonata"

This song really has a dark feeling/mood to it,so the song title is well deserved.
The background rain and thunder fits perfectly with this, the piano melody is well made.

As the ol' saying goes,all my 5 belongs to you !

IoTheEternal responds:

Why thank you dear! If you listen carefully you can hear the sounds of a girl laughing while a whispery shadow follows her as well :)

My imagery for this song was a giant abandoned mansions where the roof has fallen in in places and the rain is pouring in and the girl is playing hide and seek with a "shadow" as she runs in and out of abandoned rooms :)

This was probably my most popular original on my old account.

I wanted to keep it minimalist while still building on it - I got inspiration from a tv commercial that was sort of like it - glad you like!

thanks for the review! :)

-shawn-

This is a great medieval prequel to Rodney Carrington's: 'Titties N' Beer' song.
Absolutely wonderful!

IoTheEternal responds:

oh god not the titties and beer song hahaha..

glad you liked :P

thanks for the review!

-shawn (Chronamut)-

I don't personally see any issues with volume of the ambient background, and that last section with the vinyl crackling sounds very appropriately like it was taken straight from an old black & white horror film. The piano melodies are reminiscent of the classically Gothic tunes from Castlevania.

There are a couple of peculiar moments, like the note at 2:13 that felt like it should have been held just a touch longer, but overall the shorter, faster note progression sounds great for the higher notes. The quality of the piano is only so-so, but hey—we all work with what we've got. And this was back in 2004, for goodness sake! Not a ton of great options without shelling out a ton of cash.

IoTheEternal responds:

haha yeah man I didn't get the grande vst until later and it was much better sounding.. but not bad for the time.. that and the sound was a gift to me from someone and I rather liked it at the time. :)

and yeah that note always gets me too -I think its just that the piano starts so fast after its held. I have actually never played castlevania but a lot of people tell me it sounds like that - so yay!

thanks for the review hun! You da best! :)

-shawn-

This is a great Castlevania track that has plenty of rhythm. The piano melody combines well with the rain and thunder background sounds. It would work great for a Halloween animation or game.

IoTheEternal responds:

the funny thing is that I have never actually played castlevania, but a lot of people tell me this sounds very castlevania-ish.. which I find funny hehe :P

glad you like it! Lots of work went into the ambiance of this piece :)

thanks for the review!