Reviews for "Dovax - RATS"

:) epic

Good

I like the synth arpeggios at the beginning and the quickening of the rhythmic pace at :07. The melodies at :15 sound nice, and the mix is super clean. The chord progression, transitions, and arrangement of the piece are all a bit cliche, but I enjoyed the build-up into 1:00 and the drop nonetheless. The harmonic content could use more variety, as variations of the same 2 riffs make up most of the moving notes of the piece. The second drop does sound somewhat varied vis-a-vis the first one, but overall my biggest problem here is not the lack of variety but the lack of originality. Still, you’re clearly a talented producer, with some good sound design and atmosphere to boot. Keep at it, Dovax!

Mixing, mastering, and balance
2/2
Structure, transitions, phrasing, and variety
1.25/1.5
Melody, tonality, harmony, and texture
1.75/2
Instrumentation and sound design
.75/1
Emotion, atmosphere, and catchiness
1.25/1.5
Originality and uniqueness
.25/1
Overall (how do the elements above interact?)
.75/1
Composite score
8/10

Dovax responds:

Thanks for taking your time to listen and writing this review, it's an honor to get high scores from you, i thought it was original because i used a dnb drum pattern in a glitchy future bounce song but i guess i was wrong, i will definitely work on that :D

The beat and melodies are awesome but what really gets me about this track is the texture variation. Also that unconventional rhythmic swing in the latter part was extremely refreshing.

Awesome track!