Reviews for "8bit bEtty - Fall Upon Your Sword"

This is terrific! You managed to make something completely unique and, in my opinion, greater than the sum of the parts that make it up. And that's something to strive for. Keep being terrific, and happy Pixel Day!

sleepFacingWest responds:

Thank you!

Happy Pixel Day!

If I'm being perfectly candid, I don't generally have much interest in vocaloid productions, but this track is more the exception than the rule. The music and vocals are so perfectly melded together, it just...works. Beautifully.

Fantastic melodies, deeply rich harmonies, highly imaginative and well-written lyrics, and some truly fantastic percussion elevate this straight to my short list of favorite tracks this Pixel Day. The only thing that bothers me at all is that sometimes, when the instrumentals are particularly rich and harmonious, they tend to drown out the main vocals somewhat. Beyond that, pure gold.

sleepFacingWest responds:

Thanks! That’s something I need to work on. I’m heavily influenced by shoegaze and typically just use vox as another layer in the instrumentals a la “my bloody valentine” but I realize this can be problematic in a more traditional sort of song structure.