Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Upstream"

You guys did such a great job on this! The spritework is fantastic. The music has me attentive as hell (especially during the fish battles lol). The fishing minigame is just the right amount of tense and the coding makes sure im never sitting around for a fish battle! Excellent work my dudes.

Wow, Dominic has taught me so much. 10/10 game

gives pokemon vibes, really cool

Edit: After playing the game for a few hours, I am hooked (pun intended!) and have decided to upgrade my rating to five stars. Gameplay is king, and you have that. Art makes a game with good gameplay excellent, and you definitely have that too (excellent pixel art especially on the fish). There's room for improvement but that's always so. A couple of notes: 1. Even after the Devil's Hole Pupfish was the very last one I needed, I had spent lots of time in the cave and assumed I would not encounter fish because I saw none for a long while. I had guessed the cave was part of something you had planned and let go to finish in time for Pixel Day. So, I was all over the map looking for who knows what and it was a bit tedious. 2. There are a couple of grass tiles near the edge of the lake east of the cat's house by the bridge that will cover your hair. I will now retire from fishing having caught every species alive. Thanks!

Love this! Needs to be put up on steam! only game I've ever rated!